PDA

View Full Version : [3.X] Intuit Direction Racial Skill

Thurbane
2020-11-09, 04:58 PM
So, I have a 3rd party book where a race gets Intuit Direction as a skill for all classes, and a +4 bonus to Intuit Direction.

To update this to 3.5 (no official update was released), would I simply change it to Survival as a skill for all classes, and a +4 bonus to Survival?

Cheers - T

The Viscount
2020-11-09, 05:05 PM
As far as I can tell, Intuit Direction was folded into Survival along with Wilderness Lore. I haven't seen any overarching rule on updating them, and the specific instances I've seen have had some of replacing with Survival and some of just deleting it.

If you're asking about how reasonable it would be, extremely reasonable. Nobody's going to break the game with having Survival.

Thurbane
2020-11-09, 05:19 PM
Thanks, that's what I thought.

The race in question is a medium humanoid, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha; 30 ft speed; 90 ft darkvision; Intuit Direction as a class skill, and +4 to Intuit Direction checks. Favored class: fighter.

Not bad for LA +0, but not broken by any means.

Biggus
2020-11-09, 05:23 PM
As Survival is a broader skill than Intuit Direction, if you wanted to keep it of similar value it might be better to reduce the bonus to +2. But as The Viscount says, you're certainly not going to break anything by giving them +4.

Troacctid
2020-11-09, 11:54 PM
Just give them the raptoran ability to automatically know north.

The Viscount
2020-11-10, 12:30 AM
Just give them the raptoran ability to automatically know north.

Troacctid with the elegant solution. I expect nothing less.

KillianHawkeye
2020-11-10, 08:34 PM
I would personally give them a +4 bonus on Survival checks used to determine direction, rather than a general bonus to the Survival skill.

Telonius
2020-11-11, 10:17 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought.

The race in question is a medium humanoid, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha; 30 ft speed; 90 ft darkvision; Intuit Direction as a class skill, and +4 to Intuit Direction checks. Favored class: fighter.

Not bad for LA +0, but not broken by any means.

Similar stat adjustments to a Lesser Tiefling (+Con instead of +Int); better darkvision, but no Darkness or energy resistances; +4 to one skill instead of +2 to two. If Lesser Tiefling is fine at LA +0, that would be too.