PDA

View Full Version : Vampire the Masquerade discipline

Malapterus
2020-11-11, 10:10 AM
This is an idea I had for a discipline unique to a clan. It doesn't have a name yet, and it's pretty simple.

For each 'dot' you have in the ability, the character heals one nonaggravated health level at the beginning of their turn.

This discipline fails to function if the vampire's blood pool is completely empty.

On their turn, the character can spend a blood point to instantly heal one aggravated health level. This does not use their turn nor require them to split dice pools. They may heal a number of levels this way each day equal to their number of dots in this discipline.

A vampire feeding from a vampire with this discipline will heal one nonaggravated health level for each blood point they take; this does not consume the blood point.

edit: to make this simple thing more complicated, there will be some notes like 'you can't heal fully if a weapon is still in you, you're down health level until it gets pulled out' and 'you can't heal if you're still in the process of being damaged' - it's hard to think of a good example for that, because 'continual damage' is normally things like sunlight or fire, which the main part of this discipline doesn't heal anyway. Maybe if the vampire was in a car-crusher?

---
Possible extra: the user of this discipline will not suffer Final Death unless their last health level was taken by aggravated damage. If reduced to zero health levels by nonaggravated means, they will enter torpor, heal normally at the beginning of their next turn, but spend that entire turn in torpor, before resuming being able to act at the start of the next turn. I might make this require a blood point.

If a vampire at 'zero' health levels from this takes a level of aggravated damage before he can heal, this will destroy him.

Basically if you spend all day beating down down the vampire's first six health levels and then whack him with a torch to take the last one, he's dead.

---
possible extra: If the vampire knows Celerity (not a clan discipline for the clan in question) and has not used Celerity in the current turn, they may spend a blood point to heal as though it were the start of their turn. After doing this, the vampire cannot use this ability or Celerity on the next turn.

---
Possible caveat: The Clan Flaw of the associated vampire makes it easy to limit their ability to learn Fortitude. I could add this in to balance it out, though this drawback wouldn't apply to other clans who somehow learn this.

---
Some notes:

This clan is loosely based on the 'immortal egg' vampire from Adventure Time, which I have always wanted to replicate. It's also based on the 2020 Composite Effects 'Death' mask.

The clan flaw makes the vampire obviously non-human in ways that are almost impossible to entirely conceal.

The other clan disciplines are Obfuscate and Presence, representing the two-faced nature of the clan.

---
I'm not so great at balancing VtM so I am open for all opinions and suggestions.