PDA

View Full Version : Breath weapon charge? Help me find this.

weckar
2020-11-12, 08:47 AM
I strongly recall at one point seeing a feat or ability that allowed a creature to use a breath weapon as part of a charge. For the life of me, I cannot remember where or anything else about it...

Basically, what I have here is a pouncing sneak attacker, who happens to have some DFA. I'd love to be able to unleash all that fury in one go. So if there's any alternate ways to go about it (breath on SA? Doubt it), I'd want to learn about it too.

sleepyphoenixx
2020-11-12, 10:25 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is Quicken Breath (Drac) which makes using your breath weapon a free action.

TheCount
2020-11-12, 11:39 AM
flybye and strafin breath, from the Dragonlance campaign setting comes to mind.
they are pretty popular with breath weapon builds.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-11-12, 12:21 PM
Maybe you were thinking of the sand blaster (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?444154-MM3-Sand-Blaster-Exotic-Weapon-Optimization) with aptitude, distance, Far Shot, and Rapid Reload? 40' cone AoE and can be done as a full attack? If done on a psychic warrior, you can manifest psionic lion's charge to do a full attack with the sand blaster in the same round as a charge (either before, after, or during)?

Note that psionic lion's charge doesn't give pounce, and, in fact, stacks with it. So manifest PLC, get in a full attack with the sand blaster, then do a charge, which sets off your pounce and grants another full attack. Or manifest PLC after the charge. Or even during your charge movement.

weckar
2020-11-12, 02:11 PM
Hmmm no... I could swear it allowed adding breath damage on a charge attack...

Thurbane
2020-11-12, 04:37 PM
If you have the Flyby Attack feat, you can use a breath weapon as part of your movement - not sure if that helps.

Remuko
2020-11-12, 05:34 PM
Hmmm no... I could swear it allowed adding breath damage on a charge attack...

idk about all creatures but iirc dragons can use their breath weapon as part of a full attack. so if they have pounce and can make a full attack on a charge, they should be able to use their breath weapon as part of that, as normal.