PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Witcher-esque archetype for fighter - balanced?

CinuzIta
2020-11-12, 08:56 AM
Hi everybody!

It's been a veeery long time since I last posted anything, anyway I'm trying to create a "witcher-flavoured" archetype for the fighter, but I don't want to go too heavy on the homebrew and I'd really like to keep it simple.

I'd like to start from the Mutation Warrior archetype and modify it a little bit. So far this is what I got:

- Gain Good Reflex save. Lose heavy armor and light/heavy shields proficiencies.

- At 2nd level gain Bomb (Su) as the alchemist's class feature but damage scale at level 6, 10, 14, 18. This ability replace Bravery.

- At 7th level and every 4 levels thereafter, the mutation warrior can choose one of the following alchemist discoveries to augment his abilities: grand mutagen, greater mutagen, infuse mutagen, nauseating flesh, preserve organs, spontaneous healing, fast bomb, concussive bomb, dispelling bomb, frost bomb, enhance potion, cognatogen, smoke bomb . The mutagen warrior uses his fighter level as his effective alchemist level for the purpose of these discoveries. At level 8, 12, 16, 20 he can also chose to obtain one of these alchemist discoveries in place of the fighter bonus feats.
This ability replaces armor training 2, 3, 4, and armor mastery and modify bonus feats at 8, 12, 16, 20.

Nothing too fancy, just a little modification on the archetype to meet my personal tastes on a possible character i'll be playing. I'd like him to have also favoured enemy, but then I feel like i'd be adding too much. Also, I know this shouldn't be anyhting game breaking, I was just wondering if a good save for armor and shield proficiencies and bombs in place of bravery were a good trade or a bit on the strong side!

Cheers! :smallsmile: