PDA

View Full Version : What characters can take the most advantage of the new "Fey Touched " feat?

Rfkannen
2020-11-13, 12:53 PM
One of my favorite things in taha's is the fey touced feat, which is bassically the same as in the ua, you get +1 to a mental stat, and the ability cast 2 spells (misty step and one first level enchantment spell of your choice) once per day, and add them to your spellcasting list if you have one!

Great spell, but I am not sure what types of characters can take best advantage of it. Any ideas?

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-11-13, 12:57 PM
One of my favorite things in taha's is the fey touced feat, which is bassically the same as in the ua, you get +1 to a mental stat, and the ability cast 2 spells (misty step and one first level enchantment spell of your choice) once per day, and add them to your spellcasting list if you have one!

Great spell, but I am not sure what types of characters can take best advantage of it. Any ideas?

Someone with an odd number and limited spells known?

Thanks for the reminder, I may look at it for my Lore Bard. Its fitting, Misty step is plenty useful and we rolled inline stats. I have 9 Intelligence and 13 Wisdom. A Wisdom bump would help on some saves and checks.

Bilbron
2020-11-13, 02:01 PM

I honestly think it's amazeballs for ANY character except perhaps martials who don't like the +1. But Misty Step and (probably) Gift of Alacrity? Amazing for anyone! 1x free each per day is fantastic, and it specifies that they're on your list so can use spell slots to cast more. And they're even good for those classes who would prep them anyway as it opens up 2 spell preps, which is of IMMENSE value. For a half-feat, I'm super impressed, and am strongly considering it for my 3rd feat (already have Alert/Observant, also considering Metamagic Initiate for Subtle Spell, Eldritch Initiate for Devil's Sight, Spell Sniper for Magic Stone, Druid Magic Initiate for Magic Stone/Thorn Whip/Goodberry, or Mounted Combatant for Phantom Steed).

Foxhound438
2020-11-13, 03:11 PM
This is a viable pick for anyone. Even barbarians, who won't be able to use the spells most of the time, will be thankful they had this if they ever get put into a domed wall of force, as they otherwise have no tools to get out. Rogues, rangers, and most monks and fighters are in the same boat. Even for a lot of full time spellcasters, two extra spells known is not bad

Ir0ns0ul
2020-11-13, 03:19 PM
I really liked this feat to round up odd INT scores for Wizards. Misty Step is a must have and you can grab some goodies like Bane, Bless or Command.

Darthnazrael
2020-11-13, 03:46 PM
Order Clerics in particular will love Bonus Action Dissonant Whispers.

Klorox
2020-11-13, 03:48 PM
I love it on arcana clerics that use shillelagh. Now you have an extra trick up your sleeve and a +1 WIS.

You usually dump STR so it really helps if you ever get grappled.

ZRN
2020-11-13, 04:55 PM

To my mind the "add the spell to your list" part is the coolest aspect of this feat.

I think EKs would like Hunter's Mark or Hex added to their spell lists!

Sorcerers might also like to add Dissonant Whispers or Command to their lists (among other cool options).

solidork
2020-11-13, 05:16 PM
Seems like a perfect choice for an Eldritch Knight or an Arcane Trickster. Like, you can even pick Bless!

Kireban
2020-11-13, 05:43 PM
This feat is perfect for sorcerers. Misty step is a great spell and they can get Tasha's Hideous Laughter which is the cheapest incapacitation spell and can be twinned for only 1 sp.
The most important thing is that it adds 2 spells to class that got a max of 15 known spells.
It is the best feat a sorcerer can take.

cutlery
2020-11-13, 05:50 PM
Fighters for hex or hunters mark and misty step sounds great. Actually, it is great.

MarkVIIIMarc
2020-11-13, 05:57 PM
Order Clerics in particular will love Bonus Action Dissonant Whispers.

I haven't seen the official wording yet. Will the published version allow 1st Level Action spells to be cast as a Bonus Action ????

Dissonant Whispers rocks btw.

Silpharon
2020-11-13, 08:55 PM
This feat made me so angry when I saw it... because I would have built my character entirely different if it had existed a couple months ago :)

Misty Step + Hunter's Mark + Int+1 = yes please

Willie the Duck
2020-11-13, 09:58 PM
I am contemplating a Valor Bard who picks Fey and Shadow Touched as their first two feats and grabs Misty Step, Invisibility, Cause Fear (or Disguise Self or Minor Illusion just to free up bard spell selections), and either Bless or Hunter's Mark.

Mikal
2020-11-13, 11:22 PM
My conquest Paladin has loved it. Extra mobility with misty step, and since I have Dex 10 gift of alacrity plus a sentinel shield means I’m routinely pretty high up in initiative.

Darthnazrael
2020-11-14, 03:05 AM
I haven't seen the official wording yet. Will the published version allow 1st Level Action spells to be cast as a Bonus Action ????

Dissonant Whispers rocks btw.

No, that's the Order Cleric 6 feature. They cast non-cantrip Enchantment spells as a bonus action. Action: Booming Blade followed by Bonus Action Dissonant Whispers is pretty strong at level 6.

Trustypeaches
2020-11-14, 06:01 PM
A Shepherd Druid would really benefit from Dissonant Whispers.

Imagine all the opportunity attacks their summons will get.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 05:44 AM
This is a big change from the UA. Ii makes my decision a lot harder. I was going to take telekineticist because it's thematic with aberrant mind. Now i may take fey touched cuz it's really good. I guess it'll depend on if aberrant mind still gets dissonant whisper.

Kireban
2020-11-15, 06:12 AM
This is a big change from the UA. Ii makes my decision a lot harder. I was going to take telekineticist because it's thematic with aberrant mind. Now i may take fey touched cuz it's really good. I guess it'll depend on if aberrant mind still gets dissonant whisper.

Aberrant mind gets dissonant whispers. The tele*** feats look really weak.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 06:33 AM

Compared to fey touched, i agree. But it is thematic. And will be abusable with the web spell for no spell slot.

Kireban
2020-11-15, 07:34 AM
Compared to fey touched, i agree. But it is thematic. And will be abusable with the web spell for no spell slot.

How strong is the push? And is it still a bonus action?

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 08:05 AM
How strong is the push? And is it still a bonus action?

5ft, yes still a bonus action.

Kireban
2020-11-15, 08:53 AM
5ft, yes still a bonus action.

Only 5 feat is... ._.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 08:59 AM
Only 5 feat is... ._.

Yup, but thematic for my character. Now if Fey Touched can get bane, i'm going to have to go with FT.

ZRN
2020-11-15, 09:52 AM

Telepathy gives you a decent extra spell known along with a stay boost, so it’s not bad for a bard or (non-Aberrant Mind) sorcerer.

As a side note, I’m mad you can’t use psi dice to re-cast the spell with a psi knight or soulblade.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 10:17 PM
Telepathy gives you a decent extra spell known along with a stay boost, so it’s not bad for a bard or (non-Aberrant Mind) sorcerer.

As a side note, I’m mad you can’t use psi dice to re-cast the spell with a psi knight or soulblade.

I'm playing the toon thru Frostmaiden. I pulled the doppelganger secret, so telepathy is kinda worthless to me. Aberrant mind seems fitting for a doppleganger, and telekinesis seems fitting for an Aberrant mind.