PDA

View Full Version : OOTS #501 - The Discussion Thread

The Giant
2007-11-04, 07:17 AM
New comic is up.

Wolfman42666
2007-11-04, 07:24 AM
And it is awesome, I love internal references, But why is elan wearing an eyepatch, Can't wait to find out

Lavidor
2007-11-04, 07:24 AM
Heh, always cries at good plot exposition.

Doug Lampert
2007-11-04, 07:25 AM
New comic is up.Congrads to the people who predicted Elan's eyepatch. And to the NPCs for still reserving one name.

joe2tiger
2007-11-04, 07:25 AM
I too was about to ask why is Elan wearing an eyepatch, and where is V?

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-04, 07:26 AM
Shouldn't Durkon be at a high enough level to cast Regenerate? (Unless Elan didn't want him to in order to look more heroic or something).

Sigbru
2007-11-04, 07:26 AM
*curses Giant for the weeding thing* guess it really wasn't that important... stupid Redshirts

Emperor Demonking
2007-11-04, 07:28 AM
The way of telling us what happened was brilliant.

Redpieper
2007-11-04, 07:29 AM
Elan the Pirate, now he just needs that peg leg :smallbiggrin:
Also impressive how the giant can delay the part where we find out, why Roy has not been rezzed yet. We want to know darn it :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2007-11-04, 07:29 AM
Wow. One of the funniest OOTS in a long time. :smallbiggrin:

RyuTakarashi
2007-11-04, 07:32 AM
Wow. Great Comic. Also we know what Hinjo and company were doing. Too bad Elan lost an eye though.

Bayar
2007-11-04, 07:32 AM
Funny as hell...yet again. Umm...anyone else thinks Elan is wearing an eye patch just to fit in the pirate theme???

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-04, 07:33 AM
Presumably, Roy hasn't been revived because they want to get some support for when they get back to AC (which makes sense considering how many Hobgoblins and undead are there at present). Also, they probably still need to find 10,000 GPs of diamonds due to the AC "allies" presumably only giving essential supplies like food.

otakuryoga
2007-11-04, 07:34 AM
oooooo, cant wait to find out about the new eyepatch on elan

and i love the comment about hinjo being disapproving of the early start they made........come on now...they have been on a honeymoon cruise for 4 months now :smallwink:

battleburn
2007-11-04, 07:35 AM
Wow, Elan with an eyepatch. Kazumi and Daigo actually getting married.
Good job Rich.
I bet: Elan just thinks the eye patch looks cool.Looks like having a name really makes a difference. Kazumi and Daigo now surpass the standard foot soldiers and even made it to nobility.

So many different kind of people, and they all prey to the southern gods?

Someone care to explain that?

Edit: the Elephant warrior rocks ! And I want it to have it's own smiley.
Edit2: The elephant warriors are Loxodonts aparantly

Amon Star
2007-11-04, 07:36 AM
That was brilliant! :elan: gets even more Badass, without losing his :elan:ness. We now know the basics of what has been happening with the fleet. And, there was a Thor Joke! What more could you ask for.

For those who are wondering why :elan: has an eye patch, well, isn't it obvious. He's turned himself into a Pirate to better fight the enemy Ninjas! :smallbiggrin:

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-04, 07:40 AM
Nice! Very very nice!

Love the eyepatch! I'm betting Elan sees just fine with both eyes, he just thought it was appropriate for an "at sea" adventure. Kind of supprised he didn't go with a red and white striped shirt as well!

otakuryoga
2007-11-04, 07:40 AM
went and looked at it again... nice detail in that the floaty hearts around the happy couple are azure instead of red

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-04, 07:41 AM
That was brilliant! :elan: gets even more Badass, without losing his :elan:ness. We now know the basics of what has been happening with the fleet. And, there was a Thor Joke! What more could you ask for.

For those who are wondering why :elan: has an eye patch, well, isn't it obvious. He's turned himself into a Pirate to better fight the enemy Ninjas! :smallbiggrin:

Your spoiler is made of pure WIN!

xatm092
2007-11-04, 07:41 AM
protip: Roy hasn't been revived because they don't have his body.

Saurous
2007-11-04, 07:42 AM
"She has flowers in her hair and bluebirds singing around her head. Who did you think she was, the bringer of pestilence?"

For some reason, that single line has made Loki one of my favorite characters.

sednanalien
2007-11-04, 07:46 AM
Heh, for being 8 months pregnant, Kazumi's belly doesn't seem to look the part.

:smalltongue: :Thor: She never told me she was a fertility goddess... snicker...

Green and Red
2007-11-04, 07:47 AM
Hmm, i also think elan only put the eyepatch on to look cool, if you look at the last panel theres tears coming from under the eyepatch.

And i laughed so hard about the trainee soldiers... good job giant

Tamis
Although I wouldn't put it past Elan to don the eyepatch just because it fits, there might acutally be a point at which he lost an eye. (I like how in the montage of all the visited allies the eyepatch appears halfway through.)

Anyway, nice strip! The only thing wrong with it is that it makes me more curious as to what happened to Hailey, Belkar and the corpse of Roy. (Oh, and O-chul!)

Surfing HalfOrc
Heh, for being 8 months pregnant, Kazumi's belly doesn't seem to look the part.

:smalltongue: :Thor: She never told me she was a fertility goddess... snicker...

Eight WEEKS not MONTHS. Still in the first trimester.

Simons Mith
2007-11-04, 07:48 AM
"She has flowers in her hair and bluebirds singing around her head. Who did you think she was, the bringer of pestilence?"

For some reason, that single line has made Loki one of my favorite characters.

Thog say: Ugh! Fer-til-ity goddess have girl cooties!

ref
2007-11-04, 07:49 AM
My name is Daigo D / and I rock Azure City.

At first they didn't seem Kazumi and Daigo, because there are some perfect look-alikes watching. Interesting southern nations.

boomwolf
2007-11-04, 07:49 AM
why on earth does elan wear an eyepatch?
he seems to cry from both his eyes.
is it jest for looks or something?

redcodekevin
2007-11-04, 07:51 AM
*sigh* Still too many questions...
I think xatm092 is right, no body no rezz. Belkster and Haley are nowhere in sight. Though, V isn't either... and he's supposed to be in the ship.

EDIT: is that a loxodon in the last of the allies' panel?

sednanalien
2007-11-04, 07:54 AM
Eight WEEKS not MONTHS. Still in the first trimester.

*Looks back* Whoops! My bad :smalltongue: But I wonder if Elan's eye patch has anything to do with the ghosty samurai guy in the flash back.

And what kind of drink is everyone drinking? Blue wine?

Issabella
2007-11-04, 07:54 AM
Woot, elan with an eye patch, and sword wielding elephant men! Congrats to the previous unnamed soldiers. I guess they had to leave Haley and Belk behind in sailing it seems.

Ink
2007-11-04, 08:00 AM
Nice strip! Great to get back to the boat at last. And thanks to Hinjo's exposition not only do we know what happened in the last few months but Roy does as well. But I too have to wonder where V has gone off to.

Duke
2007-11-04, 08:02 AM
Go Loki!

Nice work *stickifying* a Loxodon.

AtomicKitKat
2007-11-04, 08:02 AM
Hmm. Different "Southern" cultures.

1. Thai?
2. Chinese?
3. Insufficient information.
4. Indian

SnowballMan
2007-11-04, 08:03 AM
I doubt many people were surprised at who was getting married, although I personally am shocked at the why. Shame on them. Shame. Although, wonder what you would call a shotgun wedding in a world without shotguns? Perhaps Shogun wedding?

And now, as is practically required, here is my guess as to what happened to Elan:
V got a hold of a scroll of Bigby's Interposing Eye*. Unlike the spell Bigby's Interposing Hand, the eye spell has about as much chance of stopping anything as a regular eye put in it's path. The material component of the spell is the eye of any creature with the caveat to make darn sure you have one handy as the spell itself is known to improvise. Poor Elan.

Come to think of it, where IS V. He wasn't featured in any of the scenes on the boat.

(* The spell was actually listed in Dragon magazine. Granted it was an April Fools edition, but still.)

Antacid
2007-11-04, 08:08 AM
Ah, it's nice to be back on planet Burlew again. The strips on Mount Celestia were very good, but you can only spend a certain amount of time on scenes with one character that are unrelated to the main story.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-04, 08:10 AM
I suppose "repeating crossbow" wedding would kind of work until Shotguns are developed.

Artector
2007-11-04, 08:12 AM
I just got the last-name-thing. Brillant!!!

I'm sure Elan just wants to look cool.

I can't wait for the next one!

battleburn
2007-11-04, 08:17 AM
I think they were Aztec, Japanese, Russian and Indian.

Nekkira
Cool comic... Ugh...I hope Haley is not still hauling his dead body around...UGH! And with Belkar!! Poor girl!

MoelVermillion
That was an awesome comic, the wedding, the eye patch, the plot exposition. It was awesome. Great job giant.

Bendal
2007-11-04, 08:21 AM
Not surprised at who was getting married; the Redshirts were the obvious ones despite their pre-marital pregnancy. Things like that happen in wartime (and otherwise as well).

As for Elan's eyepatch, didn't he wear one earlier because he thought it was cool? Or, perhaps he was a casualty of the new recruits and their badly handled weapons??

Good to see some non-Roy information, though.

Adventurer
2007-11-04, 08:33 AM
Can I just say that Kazumi in the kimono looks just soooooooooooo cute!

Her reaction to Hinjo's nobility proposal is also soooooooooo mega cute!

:smallsmile:

Nodles
2007-11-04, 08:35 AM
Sunday strip? Youre spoiling us giant :smallsmile:

Lissou
2007-11-04, 08:41 AM
Well, that answers the question "why would Kazumi and SDaigo get married so quickly?"
Also, I'm starting to wonder if we will get a flashback or not...
Maybe for the other groups, but it looks like we already had the summary of what happened there.

Maybe the story will be a bonus book? :p
(Yes, I love bonus books, so what?)

factotum
2007-11-04, 08:45 AM
I'm another who thinks Elan is probably wearing the eyepatch just for show--he probably saw Captain Axe and thought the whole "salty seadog" look was too cool for words. :smallbiggrin:

Anyway, if they've been sailing from one country to another for the last four months, it suggests Haley and Belkar did NOT succeed in getting away from Azure City, and I have a feeling their story will be a lot more interesting than whatever's been happening on the boats...especially since Hinjo just pretty much told the whole of that in about four panels!

acurrier
2007-11-04, 08:45 AM
I think they were Aztec, Japanese, Russian and Indian.

- I would agree on the Aztec (although Mayan is also possible).
- Keep in mind that Hinjo & Crew are the Japanese equivalent, so these guys must be Chinese.
- Russian and Indian are probably right.

Did anyone else notice that when they are visiting the different cultures, Elan only has an eyepatch after visiting the Chinese? The first two pannels he is sans eyepatch :smallconfused:

Odd.

Green Bean
2007-11-04, 08:46 AM
I like the jokes and plot very muchly, but I still can't get over how pretty the happy couple's new art looks.

nephtis
2007-11-04, 08:52 AM
I was wondering too about the eyepatch and like most people here decided that Elan decided it fit with a sea based adventure.

But if it's really fake and since this is Elan and OotS I'd expect the eye patch changing sides over the next couple of strips...

Ezlo
2007-11-04, 08:54 AM
I like this comic a lot, lots of new color schemes make me happy. No more blue backgrounds!!:smallwink:

vegetalss4
2007-11-04, 08:54 AM
wow it is stil second page when i post.I do normaly fist see around page 7.
cool strip, and i am sure elan wears that eyepacth just for show

DrivinAllNight
2007-11-04, 09:02 AM
good strip, and I was right about it being those two, but then again who else could it have really been. And what is Elan doing with an eye patch?!? Just doesn't look right to me, but it's not my strip. and yeah, where is V? or did s/he stay away to avoid any mention of his/her own wedding day and spoil the gender bending issue with it.

Cheiromancer
2007-11-04, 09:03 AM
Maybe the eyepatch is a magic item of some sort that he acquired during some miscellaneous adventuring along the way? I can't be bothered to look in the books, but surely there is some sort of magic eyepatch in the the game?

Meinos Kaen
2007-11-04, 09:03 AM
Finally! Now, hypothesys time.

You know... Exactly because it's Elan... And exactly because of what he got us used to, I believe that eyepatch is there for another reason, not just show-off. But that could be just what HIM wants us to believe... ARGH!

Really funny chapter. And yes. Loki becomes one of the my favourite deities. XD Said that, wonder where's V, what happened in three months, and if Elan had to deal with more serious love problems. Distance apart, there's still the fangirls.

Ripsaw
2007-11-04, 09:06 AM
*curses Giant for the weeding thing* guess it really wasn't that important... stupid Redshirts

Actually, they've become Mauve Shirts (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.MauveShirt).

They stopped being Redshirts when they got names and survived past that strip because of them.

YAY TVTROPES!

Oslecamo
2007-11-04, 09:12 AM
As usual, the giant is saving the main plot to the end.

I suspect next strip Roy asks his father to scry in V, and then finally in Haley and Belkar. I guess the rogue will be near insanity carrying a rotting corpse with her only ally being a psychotic halfling.

As for the eyepatch, I agree that it's mainly for the looks. Or maybe it's some kind of class feature of the dashing swordman prc: some bouns while wearing a eyepatch.

EDIT:Hmm, anyone can tell what are they drinking? I know everything in Azure society is suposed to be blue, but blue wine?

Brianish
2007-11-04, 09:12 AM
Anyone else suspect he's just wearing the eyepatch because he's currently being a pirate and they're supposed to have eyepatches?

HomerHT
2007-11-04, 09:14 AM
Awesome comic. I especially like Hinjo's increasingly angry face in the flashback panels.

Xenon
2007-11-04, 09:18 AM
eyepatch? *blink*

of course, it could be a cool magical item. you can never tell.

3rd civilization is COLD, so south pole or high mountains... you can see his breath and the icecilces. maybe it was a penguin-related eyepatch thing?

Kome
2007-11-04, 09:21 AM
Giant - I love the blue hearts when Kazumi and Daigo smooch. They are AC down to their heart and soul. I hope they live.

I'm also in the camp that thinks Elan is just wearing the eye-patch for fun.

bugsysservant
2007-11-04, 09:22 AM
Very funny, yet I was secretly hoping for a "Three Months Earlies" recap, like when Elan burst in on Nale and Haley. :smallsigh: Ah well.

And yes,
I bet Elan just wears the eyepatch to look cool. I would place my money on the Giant not telling us either, but just periodically switching the side he wears it on. He may be a badass pirate, but he still is Elan. :smalltongue:

wojonatior
2007-11-04, 09:23 AM
awesome comic but i wonder what happened between nation 2 and 3 that gave elan an eyepatch:smallconfused:

Vulion
2007-11-04, 09:26 AM
Giant...I love you, I really, REALLY do. Hurrah for Kazumi and Daigo! Hurrah for Elan's new eyepatch! Hurrah for Hinjo giving the new married couple nobility!

Miraqariftsky
2007-11-04, 09:29 AM
I don't think he'd technically count as a pirate. Privateer or swashbuckling mariner, more like. Why? Because he's in direct service to a legitimate authority--- Hinjo and the Exiles of the Azure--- that's why.

And no, I disagree. Just

Ka-dink! I just realized that it must be a sham! See the last two frames where Elan is see weeping--- his tears are coming from BOTH eyes!

Brianish
2007-11-04, 09:32 AM
Yes, they're technically privateers or what-have-you.

But Elan is being a pirate.

Meinos Kaen
2007-11-04, 09:32 AM
lol

Haven't noticed that. That makes me more suspicious about that thing not being for coolness.

And one more thing. Why the hell is Elan always with Hinjo in front of the nation's leaders? DON'T TELL ME HE'S THE CURRENT LEADER OF THE NAVAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER! O___O

Brianish
2007-11-04, 09:34 AM
It's also possible he just poked himself in the eye with something and has to wear the patch until it heals.

Sebastian
2007-11-04, 09:38 AM
Maybe the eyepatch is another class ability of the "dashing swordsman" PRC. "if you wear a eyepatch while on a ship you gain the following benefits, etc. etc." or something like it.

The Tygre
2007-11-04, 09:42 AM
Great job, Giant! I loved it!

I'm with a lot of other people here about Elan's eye patch. I think it's just fake; I mean, if you look in the last panel, tears are coming from both his eyes.

Personally, I was half-expecting to come back and find all the characters with new epic looks for some weird reason. I guess an eye patch is just as good...

I myself am also curious as to where Vaarsuvius is. I wonder what happened to V while we were gone.

Keep up the good work, Giant!

Hawgh
2007-11-04, 09:47 AM
yay! and a slow sunday becomes a great sunday.

and, since it appears customary to guess at the bard.
My guess is that he gained a level and got the eyepatch as a dashing swordsman bonus feat.

Edea
2007-11-04, 09:56 AM
Or, y'know, he lost his eye.

Man, people do NOT want to believe that; maybe it is for show, but that feels extremely cheap.

I'm also in the "Where the hell is Vaarsuvius?" crowd.

Firstborn
2007-11-04, 09:56 AM
I don't think the 3rd nation are Russia-based. They have the same 'tan' look as Hinjo et all. Possibly Tibetan?

Oh, and add me to the 'Elan is just wearing an eyepatch because he wants to look the part' theory.

*Edit* Oh and I just noticed, the wine they are all drinking is blue too! Heee!

Forealms
2007-11-04, 09:59 AM
Great comic, Giant! But, I didn't see V in there, so you may want to fix that... *nudge nudge, wink wink*

Umm...anyone else thinks Elan is wearing an eye patch just to fit in the pirate theme???

Yes. Yes I do.

Dolash
2007-11-04, 10:04 AM
Even their champagne is blue!

I wonder what it goes well with?

Clucky
2007-11-04, 10:11 AM
Thats more like it. Teh funny. Teh plot. Teh forth wall in bigger ruins than Azure City. Classic OOTS all the way.

dish
2007-11-04, 10:11 AM
Delighted at the (already productive) House of Kato. That is all.

(Oh, and yeah, another vote for 'decorative eye-patch' theory.

Webwalker
2007-11-04, 10:15 AM
I don't think the 3rd nation are Russia-based. They have the same 'tan' look as Hinjo et all. Possibly Tibetan?

Oh, and add me to the 'Elan is just wearing an eyepatch because he wants to look the part' theory.

*Edit* Oh and I just noticed, the wine they are all drinking is blue too! Heee!

I'm thinking you're right about this. Russian just doesn't seem to be "Southern" by any stretch of the imagination. (unless there's a southern "Russian" nation in DnD, which I wouldn't have the foggiest idea about since I don't play DnD at all.) Tibet might be a bit of a hike from a port (being landlocked IRL), but it feels more likely than Russia.

*Edit: That first nation could also be Polynesian instead of Maya/Aztec, though either could work as "Southern".

SteveDJ
2007-11-04, 10:19 AM
Maybe the eyepatch is another class ability of the "dashing swordsman" PRC. "if you wear a eyepatch while on a ship you gain the following benefits, etc. etc." or something like it.

That's just what I was going to predict. Ok, so I'll make a prediction about where V is instead...

I think V got off the ship in one of the 4 ports, to travel back to Azure City and sneak back in, trying to learn what happened to Haley and company -- and why they can't seem to communicate with them via spells (the Cloister spell).

Forealms
2007-11-04, 10:20 AM
awesome comic but i wonder what happened between nation 2 and 3 that gave elan an eyepatch:smallconfused:

Maybe they were attacked by pirates, and had found a barrel of them in the hull to serve for Elan's eye and/or his personal preference. Throughout the comic, though, he kept the eyepatch over the same eye, so I'm now inclined to believe he was injured in some way.

Hidalgo
2007-11-04, 10:21 AM
wooooo! nice one. i think Elan is wearing the eyepatch just becouse he want to look like a pirat couse they are on a ship! it's so like him!:elan:

SpoonlessJedi
2007-11-04, 10:24 AM
And what kind of drink is everyone drinking? Blue wine?

Definitely Romulan Ale.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-04, 10:24 AM
YAAAAAY!

Thank you Rich for another spectacularly rock-on-again comic. May there be many more to come!

MCerberus
2007-11-04, 10:25 AM
Ominous lacking of Haley and Belkar :elan: Dun dun DUNN

Holammer
2007-11-04, 10:26 AM
501 was a fine strip. I was getting a bit tired of the Celestia stuff at the moment. Big surprise was Elan's eye patch, maybe it's a really good piece of armor... i.e. like Foror's Eyepatch. If the stats are right some people would sacrifice depth perception I guess. :P

(I do apologize for the WoW reference)

Balkash
2007-11-04, 10:38 AM
I'm just glad we get to see some of the other party members... though i really would love to catch up with Belkar

Szilard
2007-11-04, 10:39 AM
i think everyone knew who was getting marryed, but elan with the eyepatch is the one unexpected thing.

Firstborn
2007-11-04, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking you're right about this. Russian just doesn't seem to be "Southern" by any stretch of the imagination. (unless there's a southern "Russian" nation in DnD, which I wouldn't have the foggiest idea about since I don't play DnD at all.) Tibet might be a bit of a hike from a port (being landlocked IRL), but it feels more likely than Russia.

*Edit: That first nation could also be Polynesian instead of Maya/Aztec, though either could work as "Southern".

Core D&D doesn't have any specific geography in mind, but in many campaign worlds (such as Rich's) have their human nations based on historical real-world cultures (because lets face it, it's easier than making up stuff from scratch). So just because the real-world Tibet is hundreds of miles from the sea, doesn't mean our third nation is, and just because our Russia is in the northern hemisphere, doesn't necessarily mean that a Russia in Rich's world would be "Northern". To quote Miko "what is this 'Japan' you speak of? I have never heard of it"

shylocxs
2007-11-04, 10:40 AM
Oh, there was so much resolution, and yet so many more questions! This is why I love this comic... keeps me wanting for more. So, why does Elan have that eyepatch? And, could I have laughed more at "the many setbacks"?

Friv
2007-11-04, 10:42 AM
Three cheers for the House of Kato! :smallbiggrin:

PaladinFreak
2007-11-04, 10:43 AM
Number one on my list of questions: Where the heck is V?

Kreistor
2007-11-04, 10:44 AM
The spec threads on the eyepatch are already flying, shylocxs.

A lot of people expected the wedding to Be Kazumi and Diego. I don't know if they foresaw the reason for the wedding, though.

But at least we get a reason for the lack of the OotS linking up. Hinjo hasn't let the fleet settle long enough for Haley and Belkar to catch up.

Caractacus
2007-11-04, 10:44 AM
And yes,
I bet Elan just wears the eyepatch to look cool. I would place my money on the Giant not telling us either, but just periodically switching the side he wears it on. He may be a badass pirate, but he still is Elan. :smalltongue:

That is a smart spoiler! I would love to see that it changes randomly each day! :smallbiggrin:

Ramebriz
2007-11-04, 10:46 AM
I really wish to know why Elan:elan: has the eye patch (if you haven't noticed that happened between the 2 & 3 port), and why he isn't worried about Haley:haley:
In the other hand, the House Kato? this guys really got involved, I suggest they will die protecting the oots.
About the blue wine i think it's made out of blueberry.

Crazy Slasher
2007-11-04, 10:48 AM
It's been way too long since I've seen Loki in a strip. Huzzah! :smallbiggrin:

My guess is that Haley/Belkar/Roy haven't reunited with them yet. Given that none of them are at the wedding...

Baidas Kebante
2007-11-04, 10:51 AM
Hmm. Different "Southern" cultures.

1. Thai?
2. Chinese?
3. Insufficient information.
4. Indian

That second one is not Chinese, though it may be similar to Azure City in that it's a blend of Asian cultures. The hairstyle and clothing doesn't match Chinese culture, and the sword in the old guy's hand is clearly a katana and not an example of any Chinese weaponry.

I'm betting that Hinjo met up with the nobles from Azure City, demanded support and was turned down. People insulted each other and they got into a fight which led to Elan losing an eye.

Aerysil
2007-11-04, 11:00 AM
"Turkey and sweet potato pie
Elan only has one eye"

Wait...

How'd he lose it?

VariaVespasa
2007-11-04, 11:03 AM
I'd guess that V probably either left since the person who hired him/her/it is dead, or, more likely, is off using invisibility to meet up with Haley and Belkar to help escort them back. Time will tell. :)

Dangerous Rex
2007-11-04, 11:09 AM
I reckon that V has probably picked up some form of Teleportation spell and has gone back to find Hailey and Belkar.

Great strip and best wishes to the newly formed House of Kato.

Caledonian
2007-11-04, 11:10 AM
Having functional tear ducts and having a functional eye have nothing to do with one another.

At present, we have no data suggesting whether Elan's new headgear is utilitarian or merely fashionable.

redcodekevin
2007-11-04, 11:12 AM
Well, one thing's for sure: Roy won't be able to scry on Haley/Belkar. Cloister thing and all. Unless it works different once you're dead... Which I don't think so.

Lira
2007-11-04, 11:17 AM
Oh man. XD I love Elan. Great strip too.

I'm also very curious to see where V is.

JasonDoomsblade
2007-11-04, 11:30 AM
OH! I totally called that those two would be the ones getting married! Totally called that!:smallbiggrin:

Blanth
2007-11-04, 11:33 AM
Wow. I just woke up, new strip and already four pages of comments and speculations. I must be slipping.

Pretty much anything I thought was already said by somebody else! I thought exactly what SteveJ was saying just before I read his post.

I do think we'll get a chance to see what's going on in Azure City soon though. Be it via another commentary or the fleet finally returning to the docks to retake the city.

Elfanatic
2007-11-04, 11:33 AM
Elan's last line was simply brilliant.
And I would like that Elan really has lost his right eye. It would have changed his face, his personality and his perception of reality (quite literaly).

Oracle_Hunter
2007-11-04, 11:35 AM
Come, come, I doubt that Rich would disfigure Elan in such a way.

There is little question in my mind that it is an Eyepatch of Power (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.EyepatchOfPower), which means that Elan may have taken another Level in Badass (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TookALevelInBadass), I mean Dashing Swordsman, in the subsequent months.

Hmm... I wonder if other characters will have Future Badass (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.FutureBadass) costume changes? I'm voting for Belkar with armor spikes and Haley with Martial (Greatsword) :smallbiggrin:

PS - What kind of grapes make blue wine? I mean, nobody would be so gauche to toast with water, so what else could it be?

Blanth
2007-11-04, 11:36 AM
Also, I will now have to remember Thor's excuse for a later date if I ever am in the same situation.

Clamps
2007-11-04, 11:48 AM
SO should we be calling Elan "Left-Eye" now?

drmike
2007-11-04, 11:57 AM
Who else had the idea that it was going to be Elan and Haley getting married?

That was stuck in my mind.

katzklaw
2007-11-04, 12:01 PM
i am surprised that each point has only been mentioned once... but, as for the blue wine, wine CAN be made from blueberries. if i had to wager a guess, thats what i'd say it was.
as for Elan's eyepatch... this really caught my attention. my first thought was that he had it on for effect... dashing swordsman and all that good stuff... however, i then noticed that he was very careful to have it on the same eye the entire time that he had it... and that kind of care and attention to detail doesn't sound to me like the Elan that we all know and love!. :smallbiggrin: put me, hesitantly, into the camp that believes that *something* happened to him... and as for tears coming from under the eyepatch... just because the eye is damaged somehow... (and it doesn't have to be GONE to need a patch over it) doesn't mean the tear ducts are trashed also.

just my two cents :smallamused:

Magnvo
2007-11-04, 12:02 PM
the sword in the old guy's hand is clearly a masterwork bastard sword and not an example of any Chinese weaponry.

Fixed.

Also, losing an eye doesn't mean you don't cry out of that eye. Your tear ducts aren't inside the eyeball. But it IS Elan, so time will tell.

Shatteredtower
2007-11-04, 12:03 PM
Okay, the strip's title was cute, but recycling titles already? Tsk, tsk. :smallwink:

So, we've gone from speculating on who's getting married to speculation on where V is and why Elan's wearing an eyepatch. Mr. Burlew, you magnificent master of literary legerdemain. Well played.

spectralphoenix
2007-11-04, 12:04 PM

If Haley was back, she would have Roy, and I don't think they would have gotten married without him.

As for the eyepatch thing, Durkon should be able to cast Regenerate to fix that sort of thing. Even if it's a real injury, Elan's only keeping it for the nautical coolness factor.

Sylian
2007-11-04, 12:28 PM
Nah, it can't be Russian. Russians don't have that eye-color. I'd wager they're either in something like Tibet, Chinese mountains or Mongolia.

malakim2099
2007-11-04, 12:28 PM
Well, that's a nice surprise when working Sunday OT. Woot!

I suspect...
We'll have a couple strips of boatiness, and then as V is complaining about something blocking his sending spells (which, if I remember the rules right, would be discernible as a "block" rather than a "404 - Character Not Found")...

Bam! Haley and Belkar, with what little resistance there is!

Sylian
2007-11-04, 12:30 PM
Nah, it can't be Russian. Russians don't have that eye-color. I'd wager they're either in something like Tibet, Chinese mountains or Mongolia.

kerravon
2007-11-04, 12:33 PM
New comic is up.

"Who did you think she was, the bringer of pestilence?"

Best. Line. EVER!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Barbarian MD
2007-11-04, 12:33 PM
Don't think anyone has pointed this out:

Pirates didn't wear eyepatches because they were missing an eye (mostly).

They kept it on so that at twilight, when it became harder to see ships on the horizon, they could take the eye patch off, and their eye was adjusted to the light already.

As to why Elan's wearing it, it's anyone's guess, but that's the historical reason for eye patches.

OmegaDonut
2007-11-04, 12:35 PM
Hey, it looks like one of the unfriendly nobles (third to last panel) (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html) is on Hinjo's junk.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-04, 12:37 PM
Normally, I dislike useless time-skips. But it's forgivable in this case, because like Elan said, "Did you see how smoothly he worked it into the dialogue? *sob*"

Also, the third ally is clearly representing Tibet (this post has been banned in the People's Republic of China). What's the first one? It makes me think South American, but might it possibly be southeast Asian? Vietnamese/Cambodian/etc?

Also, was anyone else confused by the guards in the lower left of the first panel that look exactly like Kazumi and Daigo in uniform?

WrstDmEvr
2007-11-04, 12:38 PM
Well, one thing's for sure: Roy won't be able to scry on Haley/Belkar. Cloister thing and all. Unless it works different once you're dead... Which I don't think so.

I think he will be able too, the Cloister spell only put Azure City "off the grid", so Haley and Belkar would still be in existence and therefore scryable.

gbrn32e
2007-11-04, 12:43 PM
Who says he had to have lost the eye? He's a dramatic kind of guy. I see it as entirely possible he's just wearing the eyepatch for a pirate effect since they're at sea. I mean, his mentor, Scoundrel, is kind of like a sky pirate, so maybe he's paying a homage to pirates.

Wow. Great Comic. Also we know what Hinjo and company were doing. Too bad Elan lost an eye though.

bird2234
2007-11-04, 12:45 PM
Good job on the comic, methinks Elan just likes to wear the patch for fun.

spectralphoenix
2007-11-04, 12:48 PM
I think he will be able too, the Cloister spell only put Azure City "off the grid", so Haley and Belkar would still be in existence and therefore scryable.

I think there's a good chance Haley and Belkar have escaped Azure City by now. And I don't recall the details of Cloister. Is it even a spell in 3e? I'm pretty sure it existed in 2nd, but it's not in the PHB. Anyway, depending on its area Xykon may have only shielded the castle.

Shawnis
2007-11-04, 12:49 PM
went and looked at it again... nice detail in that the floaty hearts around the happy couple are azure instead of red

Did you also notice that the married couple are in two different places at once in the same 1st panel. In their wedding attire and in uniform on the lower left of the panel....we have entered the twilight zone *eire music*

Oracle_Hunter
2007-11-04, 12:51 PM
I think there's a good chance Haley and Belkar have escaped Azure City by now. And I don't recall the details of Cloister. Is it even a spell in 3e? I'm pretty sure it existed in 2nd, but it's not in the PHB. Anyway, depending on its area Xykon may have only shielded the castle.

Cloister is probably homebrew, possibly Epic, magic which will prevent Roy from discovering what happened to his body, until Hojo is able to use his junk to penetrate Xykon's defenses. Heh, innuendo :belkar:

EDIT:

Did you also notice that the married couple are in two different places at once in the same 1st panel. In their wedding attire and in uniform on the lower left of the panel....we have entered the twilight zone *eire music*

Well, since I see no ominous facial hair (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodHairEvilHair?from=Main.BeardOfEvil) nor any sexy costume changes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.EvilCostumeSwitch) on the Alt-Couple, I can only presume that they must be cousins... or a necessary evil of stick-art.

Otherwise, we'd have to conclude that Azure City was defended by a secret clone army made up entirely of Daigos and Kazumis (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0421.html) :smallbiggrin:

Shawnis
2007-11-04, 12:53 PM

Even if Haley and Belkar was outside of the cloister,they could have run into MiTD again. It wouldn't have been pretty

Covenantwgw
2007-11-04, 12:53 PM
Awsome! I love this comic! Why an eyepatch on Elan? I would also like to know what the heck happened to V. I imagine we'll probably get an update on Belkar Haley and "roy" pretty soon.

ref
2007-11-04, 12:55 PM
Oooh, if Haley is close to insanity after three+ months of carrying Roy and having Belkar as a companion, we might see more of the inner Haleys. I love the inner Haleys.

The Kool
2007-11-04, 12:56 PM
'...still saving mine, just in case...'

That cracked me up!

I distinctly remember someone saying 'Not Kazumi and Daigo, not important enough.' Eh? He made it important.

Endeavourl
2007-11-04, 01:00 PM
I like the blue wineglasses :smallsmile:

kerravon
2007-11-04, 01:04 PM
Number one on my list of questions: Where the heck is V?

Me too, although I like the theories proposed so far...

He/she/it is my favorite character!

nephtis
2007-11-04, 01:15 PM
Definitely Romulan Ale.

*snicker* Why didn't I think of that...

SteveDJ
2007-11-04, 01:24 PM

They kept it on so that at twilight, when it became harder to see ships on the horizon, they could take the eye patch off, and their eye was adjusted to the light already.

As to why Elan's wearing it, it's anyone's guess, but that's the historical reason for eye patches.

Does nobody here watch Mythbusters? They did a segment a while back on this very thing - why do pirates wear eyepatches?

They concluded that when the wearer went down into the ship's hold or such place where it was very dark, they would just flip up the eyepatch and could easily see their way around without having to wait for eyes to adjust to the darkness.

The Kool
2007-11-04, 01:33 PM
Mythbusters rules! Been forgetting to watch recently though...

Leliel
2007-11-04, 01:36 PM
Good...good...

But what about Mr. Red Speech, and his conspirator, Kabuto?

Dun dun duuuuun!

EDIT: Also proof that LG people can be naughty. Now for my next character idea, Womanizing, Sexually Irresponsible Paladin!

Omicroncubed
2007-11-04, 01:48 PM
Also wondering why Elan is wearing an eyepatch. Someone predicted this though. The last panel made me laugh out loud :smallbiggrin: Good job, yet again, Rich.

FoE
2007-11-04, 01:51 PM
Heh. Guess I was right about it being Kazumi and Kaigo getting married.

Elan has an eyepatch? When the hell did that happen? :smalleek:

cavalier973
2007-11-04, 01:51 PM

That's very interesting: What references can you give for that little factoid, or are you, in fact, a pirate?

Particle_Man
2007-11-04, 01:56 PM
I really wish to know why Elan:elan: has the eye patch (if you haven't noticed that happened between the 2 & 3 port), and why he isn't worried about Haley:haley:
In the other hand, the House Kato? this guys really got involved, I suggest they will die protecting the oots.
About the blue wine i think it's made out of blueberry.

Hey, Elan knows all the romantic stories (being a bard). He is likely confident that he and Haley will meet again. Whether he is correct or not is another story...

Waspinator
2007-11-04, 02:08 PM
Fixed.

Also, losing an eye doesn't mean you don't cry out of that eye. Your tear ducts aren't inside the eyeball. But it IS Elan, so time will tell.

I was going to say that if noone else did after reading the "but he's crying from both eyes!" posts. Seriously, the tear duct and the eyeball ARE completely seperate and even if they weren't it is possible to injure an eye enough to blind it and make you want to cover it up so that people don't have to see it without completely destroying the eyeball.

StupidFatHobbit
2007-11-04, 02:12 PM
This was a lovely strip. Great art, great way of bringing us up to date on the last three months while still leaving plenty of suspense, plus sweetness and awesome jokes.

I'm a little surprised at all the people (I counted three so far) who thought Kazumi and Daigo are only getting married because she's pregnant and how disappointing etc etc.

Whatever makes you think that's why they're getting married? That didn't occur to me as their reason. They're getting married because they love each other. But when it came time to plan the actual ceremony, they decided to get married by Durkon because they know Hinjo has a stick up his butt about premarital sex.

Her pregnancy has nothing to do with WHY they're getting married, just HOW.

cavalier973
2007-11-04, 02:12 PM
Well, I thought that the first nation was Incan, but someone suggested Thailand, and that makes more sense. Miko was a Samurai guard, which indicates that AC was Japanese, so the second country might be China, but someone already mentioned that the sword the phantom was sporting wasn't a Chinese sword, so maybe it was one of the AC Nobles. The third, I believe, is Tibet and the fourth obviously India.

As for Elan's eyepatch, I don't think it's just for show, or for Elan to see stuff in the hold/ships at twilight. I noticed that Elan seems to have become Hinjo's right hand man, so perhaps he has been gaining some serious experience during the past four months, and a damaged/lost eye occurred during that time. He may have several levels in dashing swordsman by this time, and ready and able to lead in his own right. Unfortunately, we lose all the great "Elan is an idiot" jokes, but characters do develop. (I blame Cerebus)

Despite weddings being a happy time, I find this a melancholy strip for the OoTS. It's like going back to a high school reunion, and finding that you've moved on, while your old friends haven't (which is depressing), or finding that your old friends have moved on, and you haven't (which is suicidally depressing).

If the OoTS do somehow get back together, how will they relate? Durkon and Elan are, apparently, now working for Hinjo & Co., V is gone who knows where; so that leaves only Haley and Belkar as the remnants of the OoTS. Even if Roy does get rezzed and returns, would he be able to "put the band back together"?

kpenguin
2007-11-04, 02:14 PM
This is totally random, but does anyone else think of Banjo and Kazooie when they hear Daigo and Kazumi?

Bitzeralisis
2007-11-04, 02:16 PM
Now I'm just curious about what Haley and Belkar are up to.

Miklus
2007-11-04, 02:17 PM
It's also possible he just poked himself in the eye with something and has to wear the patch until it heals.

Yeah, I bet he tried to eat with chopsticks and put his eye out :smallbiggrin:

David Argall
2007-11-04, 02:22 PM
Kazumi and Daigo - While we are still not sure what Kazumi and Daigo were going out for a cup of, it would seem...
It was not tea.
It was more than one cup.
A good many of us would like to buy a bottle or two.

Elan - Regeneration is 7th level with no particular drawbacks and so our dwarf should be able to cast it. So it would seem one way or another, it is voluntary on Elan's part.

V-Her absence seems important. He would have hardly have missed the wedding and it would not have been difficult to draw her in here or there. So he has a storyline upcoming. There are ways her absence could be routine, but they seem tame and not worth the bother. He's up to something.

Blue wine? Why the surprise? This is Azure City wine. Everything is/was blue there.

Overall, it's a good enough comic of itself, but it seems to clash with 484. What has Lord Kubota been doing these 4 months? 484 even hinted that he would be trying something that very night. Even if we be reasonable about that, something, likely several somethings, should have happened by now, and now any drama to them is pretty much gone. A lot of stuff is apparently getting swept under the rug here.

Waspinator
2007-11-04, 02:29 PM
This is totally random, but does anyone else think of Banjo and Kazooie when they hear Daigo and Kazumi?

Great, now I'm infected by the meme and won't be able to read their names without giggling. :smalltongue:

Xaa
2007-11-04, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately, this is what I was afraid might happen. Yes, Durkon can raise Roy. But as Roy pointed out before, it takes a wagonload of diamonds to do it. And Durkon doesn't have them. Sure, Haley might have the cash to do it. But Haley isn't anywhere near Durkon, and can't get to him.

Basically, barring something changing in this situation, could be a very long time before the OOTS group is able to get back together as they were before the battle. Unfortunately.

Mordan
2007-11-04, 02:31 PM
Dashing Swordsman, lvl 1 - includes being able to swing through glass windows without cuts, and gains bonuses for one-liners during combat

Dashing Swordsman, lvl 2 - Roguish Pirate - +2 to hit when wearing eye patch, +2 Wis when using Green Parrot

Dashing Swordsman, lvl 3 - Dashing Thief - +2 to Archery skills while in trees, +2 to Leadership when surrounded by Merry Men

Dashing Swordsman, lvl 4 - Sky Adventurer - +3 to Piloting, +1 to Cha when on the Ground

On to V... that one is easy, they wouldn't let him/her speak during the wedding for brevity, so in a fit of rage, he/she is below decks, turning all the azure (not blue!!)wine to green wine :smallbiggrin:

Faramir
2007-11-04, 02:35 PM
I'm so happy for that laughter. Still saving the name, how was I supposed to know she was a fertility goddess, we promise to not disappoint... Comedic gold while still smoothly working a great plot recap into the flow of the wedding. I think I'm gonna cry *sob* :)

Sledge_bro
2007-11-04, 02:39 PM
Great comic. The loki bit made me fall on the floor laughing :smallbiggrin:

Hood
2007-11-04, 02:41 PM
Well, maybe the wine is made out of blueberries.

Also, it could be Elan has the eye patch because...

He has a LAZY EYE! (dun dun duuuunn)

Zukhramm
2007-11-04, 02:43 PM
Elan + eyepatch + serious look on his face = I laughed, out loud.

Alfryd
2007-11-04, 02:46 PM
New comic is up.
Ah, Thor. You have been sorely missed.
'Bringer of pestilence' actually made me laugh aloud! How unseemly.

Now get your ass back to work. I ain't payin' you to browse the boards*, you know.

* This is technically true.

...also recommend that their family be granted a new title of nobility.
Hinjo, Hinjo, Hinjo. When will you learn that this is the perfect opportunity to abolish the outmoded system of feudal hierarchy and introduce unbridled mob rule representative democracy? The dictatorship of the proletariat beckoneth!

A lot of stuff is apparently getting swept under the rug here.
If the funny continues, we- by which I mean I- can probably suffer some flashbacks.

im4eversmart
2007-11-04, 02:50 PM
Well, I think that this whole thing totally applies to what i said was going to happen in my last discussion thread. I win again. Also, bugs, about the eyepatch. I don't think the giant even reads R. A. Salvatore, so he wouldn't understand that reference. Unless you don't either...?

SteveMB
2007-11-04, 03:07 PM
Hinjo's statement "...also recommend that their family be granted a new title of nobility" would seem to imply that somebody else's approval is needed. Whose?

If the (incumbent) nobles need to ratify the elevation of commoners to their ranks, that could be another source of political headaches.

Well, I think that this whole thing totally applies to what i said was going to happen in my last discussion thread. I win again. Also, bugs, about the eyepatch. I don't think the giant even reads R. A. Salvatore, so he wouldn't understand that reference. Unless you don't either...?

He must be at least somewhat familiar with Salvatore; Zz'itri is clearly a parody of Drizzt Do'Urden.

tirsales
2007-11-04, 03:25 PM
The "blue wine" is just: Curaçao blue ;)
Okay, drinking it pure tastes a little bit strange - but hey, different worlds, different tastes.

Blanth
2007-11-04, 03:45 PM
On to V... that one is easy, they wouldn't let him/her speak during the wedding for brevity, so in a fit of rage, he/she is below decks, turning all the azure (not blue!!)wine to green wine :smallbiggrin:

Coming up in the next book: :vaarsuvius:'s Very Long Sermon.

Yes. It would take up the entire book.

You would buy it anyways. :smallbiggrin:

Roderick_BR
2007-11-04, 03:49 PM
Yay! Plot exposition :smallbiggrin:
Love how things went out. Kasumi and Daigo will be given nobility titles? Wow. Better than a medal, eh?

Matuse
2007-11-04, 03:50 PM
Important note that I'm not sure if anyone else has made mention of (I kinda skipped through some of the pages), but Elan gets his eyepatch in between the second and third nation visits. When talking to he Aztec and the ghost-floaty chinese people, Elan has both eye (or at least, no patch). When they go talk to the Tibetans, and again with the Indians he's wearing it.

So, something happened during that interim time. Maybe related the purple talking guy who wants to overthrow Hinjo...or maybe another training accident with the refugees.

AyuVince
2007-11-04, 04:01 PM
Early OotS is early.

Well, looks like the people who predicted a Kazumi and Daigo wedding were correct. It was way to early for Haley and Elan. Hope we'll find out soon about:

1) Elan's eyepatch
2) Haley's and Belkar's (and Roy's corpse's) whereabouts
3) O-chul? Probably still in the MitD's possession
4) Vaarsuvius?

So.. many.. questions...

Oh, and I fear that Rich will kill off Kazumi and Daigo somewhen in the future. Maybe not in the next 100 strips, but eventually...

...then again, being the only nobles on Hinjo's side, they could get a rez. So much speculation >_<

brionl
2007-11-04, 04:03 PM
Does nobody here watch Mythbusters? They did a segment a while back on this very thing - why do pirates wear eyepatches?

They concluded that when the wearer went down into the ship's hold or such place where it was very dark, they would just flip up the eyepatch and could easily see their way around without having to wait for eyes to adjust to the darkness.

Yeah, except that in hundreds of years of sailing, nobody ever wrote down anything about it, there are no oral legends, no nothing. Its just something people with too much time on their hands came up with. If somebody back then was wearing an eyepatch, it was because they were missing an eye.

Alacar Leoricar
2007-11-04, 04:14 PM
Awwww.. just as I expected. :)

Very well done, though I am wondering why Elan's missing an eye.. maybe it's to look more like a swashbuckler, or maybe it's a requirement if you've been out at sea longer than a month? So many questions left unanswered..

Pantler
2007-11-04, 04:21 PM
So much better than the previous one.

- absolutely fantastic visually wedding scene (I love the clothes)
- nifty peeks at other countries
- a good idea with recruiting new soldiers from the ranks of refugees
- Elan's pirate-y looking eyepatch
- where the hell is V?
- a LOXO! I love these creatures!
- and last but not least:
I, too, cry at good plot exposition.

Ravenlord
2007-11-04, 04:27 PM
Yeah, except that in hundreds of years of sailing, nobody ever wrote down anything about it, there are no oral legends, no nothing. Its just something people with too much time on their hands came up with. If somebody back then was wearing an eyepatch, it was because they were missing an eye.

Not to mention that wearing an eyepatch for a long time and for no reason would really degrade your vision.

WuanAnselm
2007-11-04, 04:31 PM
Heh, this comic was cute, I wonder for how longer the redshirts are going to be wedge characters

Webwalker
2007-11-04, 04:32 PM

It was the first thing I thought of when I saw that, but I knew it wasn't right just because it was the first thing I thought of. Still, when I read this comic, I felt relief that I was wrong about it being Haley and Elan, and right about it not being Haley and Elan.

Scribble
2007-11-04, 04:38 PM
Alright, there was a breif instance where I thought it may have been Elan and Haley, but then I thought that would be too easy. Nice to see the 'redshirts' getting their come upance.

Going to allies was cool.. I wonder who the floaty ghost dude was..

dragongirl13
2007-11-04, 04:50 PM
Yay! Daigo and Kazumi forever!

Why is Elan wearing an eyepatch?

targetpractice
2007-11-04, 04:55 PM
ok i know they are the villians but what about the wacky shinanigans of redcloak, Xykon, and MitD. Oh and i guess Belkar, Haley, and Roy:smallfrown: are really important:amused:

maxon
2007-11-04, 05:01 PM
First questions without reading everyone else's comments first:

What's that on Elan's eye? He's wearing it just for fun isn't he?

Where's V?

awww a wedding. A shotgun wedding. Awww.

And now having read everyone's comments:

I think V got off the ship in one of the 4 ports, to travel back to Azure City and sneak back in, trying to learn what happened to Haley and company -- and why they can't seem to communicate with them via spells (the Cloister spell).

I think you might be right.

And I think I'll add that I like Kazumi's embarassment when Hinjo, in all innocence, tells them to go off and start on the heir. Oh dear.

Fez
2007-11-04, 05:13 PM
Who is worried about the poison, yet another rebellious noble house put in the wine?

Don't drink the wine! :)

kukn
2007-11-04, 05:18 PM
Brilliant! Great! Awesome!

Just great, seriously. The change away from Roy was a breath of fresh wind and the sheer amount of information, plot and character shown, hinted at and explained is amazing. Also lovely punchline :smallbiggrin:

Oh, and three thumbs up at the graphics on this one aswell.

Harmandil
2007-11-04, 05:26 PM
The third port was obsivously Elbonia - the OOTS characters are seeking help from the world of Dilbert :smallsmile:

The place would seem to be at a high altitude because the bearded man's breath is steaming and mountains can be seen on the background.

happyturtle
2007-11-04, 05:45 PM
Random observations:

1. Daigo and Kazumi had another reason for Durkon doing the ceremony... he saved Kazumi's life. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0455.html)

2. If Hinjo disapproves of premarital sex, does that mean he's a virgin? That must be really hard difficult with all the attention being given to his junk lately.... :smalleek:

3. This is a 1 3/4 size comic, so the last panel from 500 will match up with the 3/4 page on this one to make a full page. But it was a fun cliffhanger to split them up. :smallsmile:

Maratanos
2007-11-04, 05:50 PM
Am I the only one that is sincerely disliking (nay, hating) Elan's eyepatch? Right-eye looked badass with an eyepatch. Elan just looks... somber.

Too somber for Elan.

I hope it gets removed soon.

teratorn
2007-11-04, 05:58 PM
2. If Hinjo disapproves of premarital sex, does that mean he's a virgin? That must be really hard difficult with all the attention being given to his junk lately....

Paladin discipline. No amount of «attention» impacts on his resolve.

3. This is a 1 3/4 size comic, so the last panel from 500 will match up with the 3/4 page on this one to make a full page. But it was a fun cliffhanger to split them up. :smallsmile:
It makes sense, I think 500 minus the last panel would be a nice end to the third OOTS book.

Zimmia
2007-11-04, 06:16 PM
Brilliant!! Love it!!! Couldn't be happier with Daigo and Kazumi getting married, and making them nobles is an excellent 'to boot!'

I've got two guesses for where Hayley and company may be - hopefully it's the happier one.

Long live House Kato!

shakes019
2007-11-04, 06:20 PM
Speculation on why V isn't in this strip.
If Vaarsuvius has teamed up with Haley and Belkar, it allows for a number of loose ends to be tied up.

1. Break Enchantment on Belkar's Mark of Justice.

2. Preserve (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/gentleRepose.htm)Roy's body indefinitely.

3. Facilitate communication between groups.

But then there's the question of why split the group at all. If V can get to Haley and Belkar, why wouldn't everyone else?

So the fact that V is not shown should mean that V is not with the rag tag fugitive fleet, but I don't think that V has managed to rendezvous with H and B.

SteveMB
2007-11-04, 06:25 PM
Paladin discipline. No amount of «attention» impacts on his resolve.

It makes sense, I think 500 minus the last panel would be a nice end to the third OOTS book.

I'm pretty sure the Giant has stated that the next book will end at the start of his hiatus (i.e. with the first panel showing Roy and Eugene in the afterlife).

Bilgore
2007-11-04, 06:55 PM
You know... Exactly because it's Elan... And exactly because of what he got us used to, I believe that eyepatch is there for another reason, not just show-off. But that could be just what HIM wants us to believe... ARGH!

I suspect it's just for appearances, but there could be another reason as well.

Not only would Elan be concerned about appearances, be he will want protection from skeleton dust (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0115.html) if there's ever a rematch.

5tephen
2007-11-04, 06:55 PM
OOO! Nuts!

Now we OOTSLand Mappers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5171) have a lot more WILD SPECULATION to be getting on with.

That looked like "Cambodia?", "Japan", "Tibet" (isn't the real Tibet landlocked?) and "India".

Fun, fun, fun...!

Lumenadducere
2007-11-04, 06:56 PM
Great strip, but all it really does is leave me wanting the next one.

And yes, the third book will end with the last strip before the hiatus. Book 4 will start with Roy's time in Celestia.

teratorn
2007-11-04, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure the Giant has stated that the next book will end at the start of his hiatus (i.e. with the first panel showing Roy and Eugene in the afterlife).

Yes, I was aware of that. But strip #484 looks a bit like the reforging of Roy's sword. It could be followed by an epilogue like in the other book. The Roy in the clouds thing looks like an end, while Kazumi and Daigo's marriage looks like a beginning.

Felixaar
2007-11-04, 07:12 PM
Good job Rich.
I bet: Elan just thinks the eye patch looks cool.

Yarr, Seconded.

dogmac
2007-11-04, 07:20 PM
Aww, they'll make wonderful nobility.

And well done for the exposition Hinjo. And the explanation of why Durkon was doing the wedding, Giant.

David Argall
2007-11-04, 07:46 PM
strip #484 looks a bit like the reforging of Roy's sword. It could be followed by an epilogue like in the other book. The Roy in the clouds thing looks like an end, while Kazumi and Daigo's marriage looks like a beginning.

No, 484 is a much better ending for a book that wants to say "to be continued". 120 gives us warnings of a number of threats the party will be facing. 300 shows the lich starting his army to the city. 484 shows the same pattern of threats and challenges the party will be facing.
500 by contrast hardly has much of a break at all. We are switching scenes of course, but the break is just not clear.

the_tick_rules
2007-11-04, 07:55 PM
guess that's why they're at sea still.

Gol_Stoan
2007-11-04, 08:11 PM
I guess they finally got that cup of "Absolutely!" :smallwink: (Which is blue apparently :smalltongue: )

Burrito
2007-11-04, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=sednanalien;3461288And what kind of drink is everyone drinking? Blue wine?[/QUOTE]

Romulan Ale.

Santino18
2007-11-04, 08:13 PM
I actually said "Awwww" when I saw the begining of this episode. Do you realize how embarasing that is? I'm a 19 year old guy! Males of that age Do NOT say "Awwww".

Blaznak
2007-11-04, 08:16 PM
Elan?

An Eyepatch? ... its grey ...

Well, that's different. Although it does make him look tougher!

I loved the idea that Thor doesn't mind the 'ahem' status of the bride and groom when they get married. Very funny...

Later!

lazyBum1
2007-11-04, 08:21 PM
pirates vs. ninjas = ? = !

Kayvaan
2007-11-04, 09:19 PM
I always enjoy it when characters who have previously been unexplored get some more content. Yay for Kazumi and Daigo! :smallsmile:

Not that this is a bad thing, but I reckon our Giant is a fan of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica series. A fleet of ships, far from home. Enemies not happy with the current rulers. Friends and family separated and stranded. Main character loses an eye. Large passage of time between arcs. I'm a fan of BSG myself and it's just interesting to see so many parallels, intended or unintended. Here's to the next 500 episodes of OotS!

kabbor
2007-11-04, 09:27 PM
Elan's Eyepatch? It will probably be drawnlike Roy's boots: Always on the eye away from the 'camera', whatever way he is facing. Edit: Drat. The flashback panels have it towards the camera, and the other panels show it away from camera. [insert "give my right eye" pun here.]
Well, the plot's thickening nicely.

HealthKit
2007-11-04, 10:49 PM
Rich, you got a minor glitch in panel 15- Daigo's speech bubble arrow thingy goes too far into the white parts.

Also, no one here seems to have noted that Daigo's theory/belief that having a name will prevent an untimely demise has been somewhat trumped- Just ask Roy Greenhilt.

And one more thing. Why the hell is Elan always with Hinjo in front of the nation's leaders? DON'T TELL ME HE'S THE CURRENT LEADER OF THE NAVAL DIVISION OF THE ORDER! O___O

Maybe he needed someone with high Charisma score to help out with Diplomacy checks and whatnot.

Having functional tear ducts and having a functional eye have nothing to do with one another.

Yeah I thought as much too.

Overall, it's a good enough comic of itself, but it seems to clash with 484. What has Lord Kubota been doing these 4 months? 484 even hinted that he would be trying something that very night. Even if we be reasonable about that, something, likely several somethings, should have happened by now, and now any drama to them is pretty much gone. A lot of stuff is apparently getting swept under the rug here.

Mmm, yeah, I'm dying to know what was up with that unseen person/thing with the black/red speech bubbles.

Finn Solomon
2007-11-04, 10:55 PM
I love any comic with Thor and Loki in it. Thumbs up!

loser0ll
2007-11-04, 11:00 PM
I've got a possible theory about why Belkar isn't there, at least... But it's formed in the shape of a question...

-Why- wouldn't you want Belkar stuck constantly on a ship full of mostly untrained Lawful Good Azurite Human refugees? >.> Think on it... Wouldn't it be pretty vital to plot stability to -not- have a psychotic Halfling on board?

PS : And judging from the smirk on his face when he says "And try to do a better job than the current crop of nobles" in panel #14, there have been both attempts and noteworthy failures.

Loxley
2007-11-04, 11:07 PM
Presumably, Roy hasn't been revived because they want to get some support for when they get back to AC (which makes sense considering how many Hobgoblins and undead are there at present). Also, they probably still need to find 10,000 GPs of diamonds due to the AC "allies" presumably only giving essential supplies like food.

Or perhaps they have been unable to contact haley

ref
2007-11-04, 11:26 PM
I actually said "Awwww" when I saw the begining of this episode. Do you realize how embarasing that is? I'm a 19 year old guy! Males of that age Do NOT say "Awwww".

No, they don't. Further proof that Rich is a unique genius.

Also, you all made me wonder where V is. She is my favourite character.

akumadaimyo
2007-11-04, 11:44 PM
She? Since when is V a she? It's not decided what gender V is. I think Elan is wearing the eye patch for looks. He IS a Bard after all and a stupid one at that. He may not be missing a eye at all. He does things for showmanship after all like when he and Roy espaced from that explosion well ahead of time but he waited down to jump so the explosion would be just behind them.

targetpractice
2007-11-05, 12:19 AM
i know that the state of the refugees is important but Giant summed that up in one strip. i'm making a prediction that the next strips will deal with haley and Belkar :belkar: +:haley: +city of goblins that pose as easy targets of oppurtunity= lots of adventures. but dont hold me to it 'k

p.s. thog owns i made a D&D character based off him :thog:

Armond
2007-11-05, 01:38 AM

Seconded. :P

†Seer†
2007-11-05, 02:15 AM
Tee hee. I like happy comics...
/emotional me.

Nicely done as usual, Giant!

Fabio_MP
2007-11-05, 02:38 AM
New comic is up.

beautiful... poor :elan: he lost an eye!

waiting for more

thanks

warmachine
2007-11-05, 02:56 AM
If Azure City is like historical, medieval societies, the rest of the aristocracy will not like titles being given to non-aristocrats. And these lords have their own troops, resources, alliances and ambitions.

Mojique
2007-11-05, 03:14 AM
Love the eyepatch! I'm betting Elan sees just fine with both eyes, he just thought it was appropriate for an "at sea" adventure.
Agree! On the last two panels we can see that he is crying with both eyes.

factotum
2007-11-05, 03:14 AM
She? Since when is V a she? It's not decided what gender V is.

So it doesn't matter which personal pronouns you use, does it? He or she makes no difference if his gender is indeterminate.

banjo1985
2007-11-05, 04:00 AM
Heh, Elan has an eye-patch...now why doesn't it surprise me that he's getting into the spirit of things? He sure does love a good plot exposition :smallsmile:

Adeptus
2007-11-05, 05:40 AM
Also, no one here seems to have noted that Daigo's theory/belief that having a name will prevent an untimely demise has been somewhat trumped- Just ask Roy Greenhilt.

Roy is no proof. Daigo is an NPC, and having a name instead of being a nameless redshirt made all the difference when mortally wounded (a nameless mook goes down in one hit, an important NPC has hitpoints).

Giscard76
2007-11-05, 07:41 AM
Love It.

Did the Blue Wine Make any one Else think of Tigana? I know its probably just the whole every thing in Azure city is blue thing. Still the whole nation by an evil Sorcerer thing seems to fit.

Killer Munchkin
2007-11-05, 07:57 AM
Nobody mentioned this before. But Elan got his eyepatch between visiting the second and third southern nation. During the wedding he is wearing the string of his eyepatch differently than when visiting the third and fourth nation.

So, what happened while travelling from the second to the third nation? Dun-dun-DUN!!!!

Solmage
2007-11-05, 08:01 AM
So goood! And I just want to say, I love Thor. :smalltongue:

Fingolfin
2007-11-05, 08:37 AM
*cries with Elan* :smallsmile:

Lovely comic Rich!

Darkhands
2007-11-05, 09:36 AM
About the blue stuff they toasted with... They were only given critical supplies... I'm sure they're making due with what they have and toasted with water.

Drascin
2007-11-05, 09:47 AM

Yes, yes they do. Or at least I do, rather frequently, and I have no embarrasment on admitting it, and I happen to fall within said demographic.

This particular strip didn't elicit such a response, however. Though that might be due to my tendency to see marriage as nothing more than a not-so-meaningful formality - the *awww* was more when they started :smalltongue: .

Anyway, nice strip, neat to see the brave ex-redshirts get a well-deserved commendation and reward, and hilarious appearance by the Northern Gods. Why is it that the Norse pantheon seems to always be the funniest one? (just google the Brat-Halla webcomic if you don't believe me).

Libra
2007-11-05, 10:27 AM
I believe you, but then I've long since added Brat-Halla to my list of favourites.:smallcool:

Mr Burlew, since this is my first post on these fine forums I thought it appropriate that I state my admiration and enjoyment of your webcomic.

(I hope that wasn't too grovelling, but I meant every word.)

Libra
2007-11-05, 10:30 AM
Oh, Ppst*:

Nobody mentioned this before. But Elan got his eyepatch between visiting the second and third southern nation. During the wedding he is wearing the string of his eyepatch differently than when visiting the third and fourth nation.

I have the strage suspicion that he's wearing it for dramatic effect, but that's just one of those strange ideas that flutter into my brain like butterflies and are then mugged and stuck into an ever-increasing collection of notebooks.:smallcool:

Curses. It seems someone has already suggested that.

Note to Self: Read the entire thread before posting.

Baidas Kebante
2007-11-05, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure, but I think Daigo's surname starts with a "D". Any other characters also starting with "D" as well?

STupendous
2007-11-05, 11:07 AM
Well, this explains some things, but not why Roy hasn't been resurrected, or where Haley and Belkar are. Also, I think Elan is probably just wearing an eye patch to fit into his pirate theme thingy. Can't wait for the next one. :smallbiggrin:

maus
2007-11-05, 11:31 AM
Somehow I don't think that Elan's eyepatch is all about his loosing an eye. It might have to do with an increase in level on his rogue class. Afterall, Pirates didn't wear the eyepatch because they lost an eye. They wore it because they were on ships and it allowed one eye to be preadjusted to darkness while the other was adjusted to daylight. It allowed for an advantage during the day and night. That's my thinking at least.

jameslt0
2007-11-05, 11:44 AM
Its all fun and games 'til Elan loses an eye.

drmike
2007-11-05, 11:51 AM
Its all fun and games 'til Elan loses an eye.

Didn't your mother warn you about such things?

"Don't run with scissors or Elan will lose an eye!" ;)

I did notice one thing though. The actual eyepatch looks a tad fuzzy within the comic. Not complaining about Rich's artwork or anything but to me it almost looks like it was added as an after thought. Hmmm....

I can't draw worth a *cough* so it may be a moot point.

drmike
2007-11-05, 11:52 AM
Somehow I don't think that Elan's eyepatch is all about his loosing an eye. It might have to do with an increase in level on his rogue class. Afterall, Pirates didn't wear the eyepatch because they lost an eye. They wore it because they were on ships and it allowed one eye to be preadjusted to darkness while the other was adjusted to daylight. It allowed for an advantage during the day and night. That's my thinking at least.

Was also a Mythbusters episode on that as well.

Messenger
2007-11-05, 12:08 PM
1. Nice to see Kazumi and Daigo getting married. :smallredface:
1.1 Even with their "Save Daigo's last name for when it's needed" reason, it's not too unusual for Japanese (and perhaps Japanese-inspired) cultures to follow the wife's name during weddings and for clans.

2. Whoa! Elan is wearing an eye patch! :smalleek:
2.1 I hope it isn't because he lost his eye.
2.2 I agree with the "It's for show" people.
2.3 I also agree that it's possible that it's a magical item. Doesn't that mercenary Drow Elf from the Drizz't series have one of those, while having a perfectly working, normal eye underneath? And yes, he does switch that thing around from one eye to another, so Elan could do the same.
2.4 Comes to mind: the Mythbusters on pirate myths, the myth of wearing an eyepatch to continually accustom one eye to darkness. By keeping one eye adjusted to low levels of light, entering a dark place (like the inner hold of a ship) wouldn't not disadvantage them so much with one eye already adjusted for low light. Then again, Elan isn't that scientifically savvy.

Greebo
2007-11-05, 12:24 PM
Was also a Mythbusters episode on that as well.
Don't even know why Mythbusters would look at that as a myth. The technique of preserving night vision by covering one eye is well established. Many pilots use it when departing from a bright airport at night.

Greebo
2007-11-05, 12:25 PM
2.4 Comes to mind: the Mythbusters on pirate myths, the myth of wearing an eyepatch to continually accustom one eye to darkness. By keeping one eye adjusted to low levels of light, entering a dark place (like the inner hold of a ship) wouldn't not disadvantage them so much with one eye already adjusted for low light. Then again, Elan isn't that scientifically savvy.

Elan probably would be wearing the eye patch because at some point he decided he was a pirate.

No other reason.

I mean remember when he decided he'd be a wizard?

Umbra
2007-11-05, 12:28 PM
Yet, we haven't seen Belkar on the boat. Since the Oracle previously told that Belkar would die (http://http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html) before his next birthday, is it possible that our little halfling has already passed on?

Greebo
2007-11-05, 12:47 PM
Yet, we haven't seen Belkar on the boat. Since the Oracle previously told that Belkar would die (http://http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html) before his next birthday, is it possible that our little halfling has already passed on?

Neither Belkar NOR Haley NOR Roy's Body made it to the boats as they departed Azure City, so why would him not being on the boat now be a speculation point other than "I wonder where Haley and Belkar and the stiff are"?

sihnfahl
2007-11-05, 12:52 PM
Neither Belkar NOR Haley NOR Roy's Body made it to the boats as they departed Azure City, so why would him not being on the boat now be a speculation point other than "I wonder where Haley and Belkar and the stiff are"?
Other than doing a twisted 'Weekend at Bernie's' thing, of course.

Body, body, who's got the body...

Umbra
2007-11-05, 12:59 PM

Because of the Oracle's prediction. Belkar's death comes in any time within twelve months after the prediction. It might have happened already.

sihnfahl
2007-11-05, 01:11 PM
Because of the Oracle's prediction. Belkar's death comes in any time within twelve months after the prediction. It might have happened already.
Or it may not have happened yet.

No evidence either way...

Dwarkanath
2007-11-05, 01:12 PM
Don't even know why Mythbusters would look at that as a myth. The technique of preserving night vision by covering one eye is well established. Many pilots use it when departing from a bright airport at night.Well, it made for some entertaining television (Lots of "Yarrs!" and "Mateys!" bandied about and all that). And, hey, Kari in a wench costume... (ahem)

-- Dave

Adeptus
2007-11-05, 01:14 PM

That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard. Argh! Just try walking around with an eyepatch* for one whole day and then think if you want to be doing it just to get a short lived advantage (or rather a lessened disadvantage) when entering a dark room from full daylight. The ideas people get...

* In case you didn't get it, wearing an eyepatch will take out about 30% of your field of vision, and take away your depth perception. Both of these things make life a lot more difficult. Gaining an occasional advantage from wearing one will in no way compensate for the trouble. Mythbusters is a nice show, but some of the stories they test are inane to start with.

Lord Zentei
2007-11-05, 01:21 PM

The Oracle said Belkar should savor his next birthday cake. That implies he will get his next birthday cake, but presumably not the one after that.

Greebo
2007-11-05, 02:01 PM
That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

One word for you.

Elan.

Point made?

atteSmythe
2007-11-05, 02:41 PM
About the blue stuff they toasted with... They were only given critical supplies... I'm sure they're making due with what they have and toasted with water.
Brilliant. Yes, and it fits with the Battlestar Galactica-esque 'exiled fleet' theme. If the Giant is making that reference intentionally, it would also explain Elan's eyepatch. With Roy gone, he's sort of been Hinjo's second-in-command, making him Tigh's equivalent. Third stop = third season?

Probably coincidence, though.

Rockphed
2007-11-05, 02:43 PM
This might be the wrong place to ask, but why is Loki berating Thor for getting another goddess pregnant? Are they married despite their totally different view on life, the universe, and everything?

sihnfahl
2007-11-05, 02:54 PM
This might be the wrong place to ask, but why is Loki berating Thor for getting another goddess pregnant? Are they married despite their totally different view on life, the universe, and everything?
Edit: Meh, if you ignore the fact that Sif has gold hair, not brown... could be Sif.

Loki just LOVES poking Thor.

SteveMB
2007-11-05, 03:03 PM
This might be the wrong place to ask, but why is Loki berating Thor for getting another goddess pregnant?
It's an opportunity for Loki to amuse himself at Thor's expense. What more reason does he need?

RyuTakarashi
2007-11-05, 03:28 PM
Also Thor tried to make Sif's pregnancy not his fault so I think It was ok for Loki to hmmm taunt him. Also It is Durkon's fault to some degree. Weather Control thing :P

One Skunk Todd
2007-11-05, 03:53 PM
I think the "nations" could be:

1. Southeast Asia - Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vienam, the "Jungly" areas.
2. China (I believe the Chinese have used swords of all types, both curved and straight) and note the ghost or ancestor, very important in Chinese culture
3. Pan-Himalaya - Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet (no longer exists, thanks China), Burma (or Myanmar if you prefer), high, cold (note visible breath) mountainous areas (I realize mostly landlocked)
4. India

If you reversed 1 and 2 that would be the order you arrive at each when sailing west from Japan.

Nerd_Paladin
2007-11-05, 05:08 PM
Meh, I never much cared for trying to make up for clumsy writing (in this case, awkward exposition) by making light of it. Better just to let it fall by the wayside. The Thor panel was bloody hilarious though.

Hann
2007-11-05, 07:39 PM
Anyone else think that the guy in the third nation panel looks like the Ancient One from Dr. Strange comics?

Zythran
2007-11-05, 08:33 PM
hmm, first post, i'll try to make it epic :smallbiggrin:

at first, respect to rich burlew, very nice and surprising story, at the moment a bit party-spreading-lotr-like...

second, i wonder how much attention the giant can bind with a wedding, blue wine and elans eye patch, so that noone noticed the sailor guy in #501 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0501.html) panel 1 (not the only panel), standing right next to captain axe... ? :smallconfused:

geez, found this guy back in #414 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0414.html)... well, so much for epicness :smallyuk:

at least, may the twelve gods bless your comic forever ! try to do a better job then our current crap of artists :smalltongue:

berrew
2007-11-05, 08:59 PM
Re: Eyepatches. Back when I was in the submarine force and periscopes were still tall things that stuck through the hull and into the sub, the Officer of the Deck would often wear an eyepatch to allow for night vision through his periscope eye. I imagine that nowadays, with everything being digitally transmitted and displayed on flat screen, that habit has died out.

Nikolai_II
2007-11-06, 12:40 AM
If Azure City is like historical, medieval societies, the rest of the aristocracy will not like titles being given to non-aristocrats. And these lords have their own troops, resources, alliances and ambitions.

It happened, though. Nobility would as a rule not be upset about peons getting ennobled as long as it was a reward. Mobility existed both ways, after all (nobles who could no longer afford being nobles would stop being nobles, since doing otherwise would bring shame to the nobility at large who were expected to live with a certain largess).

What nobility would get upset about would be things impinging upon their already existing rights, or whatever they perceive as belonging to them. So if Hinjo would offer the new house Kato land that belonged to other noble houses, then all sorts of hell would arise. Or could arise, at least. All depending upon the nobility and the ruler in question, and the latter's hold on the former through power, tradition or sheer charisma.

akumadaimyo
2007-11-06, 09:34 AM
I knew the eyepatch was just for show. It's silly how you guys try and read into everything in the strip like it's some mystery. Don't let Rich play you so much. Elan is a showman and a bard. The eyepatch was for show and I knew this when I saw it. It's how Elan is.

Silverain
2007-11-07, 01:30 AM
hmm. Well this strip answers my question about why Durkon was performing a marriage ceremony ...

p.s. Love the wedding outfits!