PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody worked out an artificer guide yet?

Klorox
2020-11-14, 12:50 PM
The rock gnome, Stony Tark, is waiting.

And do I want to multiclass a couple of abjuror levels to get access to the shield spell?

Wraith
2020-11-14, 01:05 PM
There's 3 of them linked in one of the sticky'd posts in this forum, along with guides for all the other classes too. See for yourself. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=18262697&postcount=1)

Klorox
2020-11-14, 01:19 PM
There's 3 of them linked in one of the sticky'd posts in this forum, along with guides for all the other classes too. See for yourself. (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=18262697&postcount=1)

OMG, thank you! IDK how I missed this!

I can’t wait until they’re updated with the official armorer!!

Griswold
2020-11-14, 11:31 PM
The rock gnome, Stony Tark, is waiting.

And do I want to multiclass a couple of abjurer levels to get access to the shield spell?

Two of the subclasses of artificer get the shield spell. Unless you really want to be an alchemist with shield, I wouldn't multiclass for that.

Klorox
2020-11-14, 11:33 PM
Two of the subclasses of artificer get the shield spell. Unless you really want to be an alchemist with shield, I wouldn't multiclass for that.

I really want to be an armorer with the shield spell.

I think dipping war wizard is much better than abjuror though.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 12:01 AM
I really want to be an armorer with the shield spell.

I think dipping war wizard is much better than abjuror though.

Abjurer gets you Arcane Ward which is very nice, especially with Armor of Agathys.

Tho, i personally wouldn't dip 2 levels just for Shield and AW, unless you really wanna be iron man that bad.

Klorox
2020-11-15, 12:10 AM
Abjurer gets you Arcane Ward which is very nice, especially with Armor of Agathys.

Tho, i personally wouldn't dip 2 levels just for Shield and AW, unless you really wanna be iron man that bad.

I think the initiative and saving throw bonuses really sell WW.

I could always go more than 2.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-15, 12:10 AM
Most of these guides will need amendments when Tashas comes out. So check back to see which ones get edited.

Klorox
2020-11-16, 09:24 AM
Most of these guides will need amendments when Tashas comes out. So check back to see which ones get edited.

Thanks. Yeah, I got a warning here for thread necromancy for replying to the artificer guide.

I'm a little peeved about that one.

AttilatheYeon
2020-11-16, 10:34 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I got a warning here for thread necromancy for replying to the artificer guide.

I'm a little peeved about that one.

Try bringing back an old thread about a necromancer wizard. Then they get really upset! 😄

Klorox
2020-11-16, 10:36 AM
Try bringing back an old thread about a necromancer wizard. Then they get really upset! 😄

I've been told by mods that it doesn't matter on an official guide thread.

IDK man, it just seems kinda weird.

I don't even do it on purpose. I never notice the date on a post I'm about to reply to. Even if I look up an old thread, my ADD kicks in and I forget that I searched for it; that it wasn't just a thread that popped up on my feed.

Maybe old threads should get auto-locked if it's such a big deal. IDK.