PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Aptitude Rules

Eraknephobia
2020-11-15, 02:07 AM
So I am an awful person abusing the aptitude weapon enhancement. I am doing the standard disgusting crit fishing and getting extra attacks through such awfulness. My question is would Improved natural attack up the attack of my aptitude weapons? It seems like it should, however I can't seem to find any rulings on it to confirm.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-11-15, 03:43 AM
"Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack)"

"A wielder who has feats that affect the use of a particular type of weapon..."

You don't select a weapon for Improved Natural Attack, you select a type of natural attack, which is not the same thing as selecting a weapon. Thus it can't be applied to an Aptitude weapon, the only exception being if you could somehow get Aptitude added to one of your natural attacks and took Improved Natural Attack for a different type of natural attack.

SirNibbles
2020-11-15, 03:59 AM
"Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. (https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#improvedNaturalAttack)"

"A wielder who has feats that affect the use of a particular type of weapon..."

You don't select a weapon for Improved Natural Attack, you select a type of natural attack, which is not the same thing as selecting a weapon. Thus it can't be applied to an Aptitude weapon, the only exception being if you could somehow get Aptitude added to one of your natural attacks and took Improved Natural Attack for a different type of natural attack.

Pedantry, especially considering the next sentence:

"Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. The damage for this natural weapon..."

bean illus
2020-11-15, 11:42 AM
So I am an awful person abusing the aptitude weapon enhancement. I am doing the standard disgusting crit fishing and getting extra attacks through such awfulness. My question is would Improved natural attack up the attack of my aptitude weapons? It seems like it should, however I can't seem to find any rulings on it to confirm.

"Choose one of the creature’s natural attack forms. The damage for this natural weapon..."

My first reflexive hunch is 'mundanes can't have nice things'.

Actually, i think it makes sense, and sounds legal.

What's the worst thing your trying to break? Something already broken? lol