PDA

View Full Version : I greatly appreciate how polite this community is

Trafalgar
2020-11-15, 11:12 AM
I was on a completely unrelated internet forum this week and started a thread asking for some exercise advice. I immediately got flamed by two users for asking what they saw as dumb questions. I have a suspicion that the two users are the same guy with two accounts because the language seemed very similar and that he does this for kicks.

I was struck by how civilized things are on GITP compared to other forums. I don't know if it is the moderators or the users or what but thank you all for keeping things relatively polite, even when the discussion is something controversial like alignment.

Khedrac
2020-11-16, 03:37 AM
I was on a completely unrelated internet forum this week and started a thread asking for some exercise advice. I immediately got flamed by two users for asking what they saw as dumb questions. I have a suspicion that the two users are the same guy with two accounts because the language seemed very similar and that he does this for kicks.

I was struck by how civilized things are on GITP compared to other forums. I don't know if it is the moderators or the users or what but thank you all for keeping things relatively polite, even when the discussion is something controversial like alignment.

I think most people on most forums are pretty civilized and friendly - it only takes 1 person posting abusively to lower the whole tone, so personally I put it down to the great work our moderators do keeping out the few who won't be civil allowing the rest of us to enjoy the friendly atmosphere.

Conradine
2020-11-21, 05:09 AM
I appreciate the discipline too.
Which is weird since I'm mostly Chaotic.