PDA

View Full Version : Redesigning my Lycanthrope

ChaosStar
2020-11-15, 09:39 PM
Okay. I've decided to do a full rework of my Lycanthrope natural weapon user. My original plan was using Psychic Warrior and Warshaper. You guys yelled at me about that. I have also been thinking about Totemist instead of Psychic Warrior, but I'm not sure. The concept of the character comes from reading Gold Digger and playing Trials of Mana. Stats before racial bonuses are 13/17/15/13/16/12. I just want to use unarmed strikes and claws to deal a lot of damage. Just please no Monk, no Rage, or anything that would get a book thrown at me.

Efrate
2020-11-17, 12:56 PM
Unarmed swordsage of a race with claw attacks, beast strike feat from dragon 355. Claw plus unarmed damage.

Grab a level or barbarian for whirling frenzy spirit lion totem pounce, or two totemist levels for sphinx claws. Take snap kick. Get every increase unarmed damage/increase natural weapon damage thing you can find. Maneuvers will give you damage which your stacking base damage will suppliment.

Alternately go totemist and just make a million attacks, grab assassins stance with an unarmed swordsage dip and you can pretty trivially get 7 attacks or so early with an extra 2d6 on each. Add as many riders to your +1 necklace of natural attacks as (savage species) you can for extra damage.

ChaosStar
2020-11-17, 02:01 PM
whirling frenzy spirit lion totem pounce

This would get the book thrown at me. I can only have 1 ACF or Variant per class.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-11-17, 02:09 PM
What type of lycanthrope are you using again? Could you replace it with +1/+2 LA for the divine minion template (https://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/lore/magicbooks13.shtml) (infinite wild shape into 1+ types of animals) and a level in shapeshifting ACF druid (PHBII)? That would give you a lot more levels to work with.

Doctor Despair
2020-11-17, 03:07 PM
There's that one LA +1 pseudo-lycanthrope template that gives DR10/silver. Quezo-something or other.

ChaosStar
2020-11-17, 03:39 PM
What type of lycanthrope are you using again? Could you replace it with +1/+2 LA for the divine minion template (https://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/lore/magicbooks13.shtml) (infinite wild shape into 1+ types of animals) and a level in shapeshifting ACF druid (PHBII)? That would give you a lot more levels to work with.

There's that one LA +1 pseudo-lycanthrope template that gives DR10/silver. Quezo-something or other.

Actual Lycanthropes only. My original idea was Wereleopard, but I am amenable to changing it so long as it is a Lycanthrope with claw attacks. Must be full natural Lycanthrope.

ChaosStar
2020-11-22, 03:59 PM
Alright, it's been a few days and I think I'm satisfied. Going with Wereserval with Azurin base, I start off with a level of Swordsage to get Shadow Blade, then am going to go into Totemist for 6 levels, then Warshaper for 3 levels to increase my reach and the stat bonus, and finish off with the rest of my levels in Totemist. So that will put me at Swordsage 1/Animal 1/Totemist 15/Warshaper 3. Bound Soulmelds will be Girallion Arms(Totem), Totem Avatar(Shoulder, Totem), Worg Pelt(Feet), and Sphinx Claws(Hands). Any thoughts?

Edit: Level 3 and 15 feats up for debate. Level 3 is between Dragontouched for shaping Dragon Tail or Shape Soulmeld for Planar Chasuble for Resistance to Electricity and Cold 10. Level 15 is between Snap Kick for an extra attack or Improved Natural Attack for improving my claws to d6s.