PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Goddess - Ostara/Eástre, The Goddess of Spring and Dawn (WIP)

JonathonWilder
2020-11-16, 01:03 AM
Name: Ostara/Eástre, The Goddess of Spring and Dawn
Portfolio: Dawn, spring, rebirth, and fertility.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Symbol: A single colorful egg, surrounded in rays of light.
Sacred Animal: The hare
Domains: Life, Light, Nature
Special Holiday: Spring Equinox
Ostara is a warm and compassionate goddess who heralds the beginning of spring. She is a maiden Goddess, full of potential, representing the opportunity of growth and rebirth after the stagnation of winter. Showing that new life is a time of celebration and of new beginnings. Even that of second chances, as she teaches that with every dawn and the rise of spring a clear path can reveal itself from darkness. With the light of hope chasing away the darkness and bring warmth from the cold. The passing of winter into spring. With an association nature, abundance, hope, discovery, balance, in finding one's full potential, and with believing in the promise of a new beginning. With hares and rabbits being her favored animals though all may find comfort under her protection. Where her influence is that of the first warm spring winds, the birds that return, the trees that bud and curl forth leaves and flowers. She is the awakening earth, animals stirring from sleep, the eggs that appear after a winter of no light. Ostara, as the divinity of the radiant dawn, of unspringing light, a spectacle that brings joy and blessings.

JNAProductions
2020-11-16, 01:22 PM
Looks fine to me. Not sure what exactly you want critique on, but nothing jumps out as weird or ill-fitting.

JonathonWilder
2020-11-16, 01:39 PM
Fair enough, I suspected deities would be a hard thing too mess up. Still, I put PEACH just to be sure and in case anyone might have issues with it, though I can remove that.

JNAProductions
2020-11-16, 01:40 PM
Fair enough, I suspected deities would be a hard thing too mess up. Still, I put PEACH just to be sure and in case anyone might have issues with it, though I can remove that.

I mean, if you want people to PEACH, leave PEACH up there.

But considering that, far as I can tell, the only actual mechanics in there are which domains a Cleric of her can have... Not much you can mess up. :P

May I ask if this is for a specific game, or just idle musing?

JonathonWilder
2020-11-16, 01:43 PM
Not really for a specific group, though I might see about using it in a campaign in the future, so more musings that I was working on.
I still have details I want to expand on which is why I put WIP, though more lore details such as about her church, followers, and holidays.

JNAProductions
2020-11-16, 01:47 PM
Fair 'nough. Good lucK! :)