PDA

View Full Version : Time to Errata Tasha's

Silpharon
2020-11-17, 01:26 AM
Oh well, they couldn't catch everything. Introducing the best new item:

Amulet of the Devout (requires attunement by a cleric or paladin):

This amulet bears the symbol of a deity inlaid with precious stones or metals. While you wear the holy symbol, you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to spell attack rolls and the saving throw DCs of your spells.

While you wear this amulet, you can use your Channel Divinity feature without expending one of the feature's uses. Once this property is used, it can't be used again until the next dawn.

----------

Compare to all the other similar items released, for example:

Moon Sickle (requires attunement by a ranger or druid):

This silver-bladed sickle glimmers softly with moonlight. While holding this magic weapon, you gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it, and you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to spell attack rolls and the saving throw DCs of your druid and ranger spells. In addition, you can use the sickle as a spellcasting focus for your druid and ranger spells.

When you cast a spell that restores hit points, you can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the amount of hit points restored, provided you are holding the sickle.

----------

If I was a RAW kinda guy, I'd multiclass into Cleric just to get this amulet for my Druid spells while stacking with Moon Sickle. :)

Regardless, it's still a cool item.

MrCharlie
2020-11-17, 01:41 AM
Oh well, they couldn't catch everything. Introducing the best new item:

Amulet of the Devout (requires attunement by a cleric or paladin):

This amulet bears the symbol of a deity inlaid with precious stones or metals. While you wear the holy symbol, you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to spell attack rolls and the saving throw DCs of your spells.

While you wear this amulet, you can use your Channel Divinity feature without expending one of the feature's uses. Once this property is used, it can't be used again until the next dawn.

----------

Compare to all the other similar items released, for example:

Moon Sickle (requires attunement by a ranger or druid):

This silver-bladed sickle glimmers softly with moonlight. While holding this magic weapon, you gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it, and you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to spell attack rolls and the saving throw DCs of your druid and ranger spells. In addition, you can use the sickle as a spellcasting focus for your druid and ranger spells.

When you cast a spell that restores hit points, you can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the amount of hit points restored, provided you are holding the sickle.

----------

If I was a RAW kinda guy, I'd multiclass into Cleric just to get this amulet for my Druid spells while stacking with Moon Sickle. :)

Regardless, it's still a cool item.
I suspect they will simply say that when a section is detailing the benefits one class gets all mentions of "spells" is implicitly referring to that class, like they did with the PHB.

It is sloppy writing though, good catch.