PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Infested and Create Faux Human

Khatoblepas
2020-11-18, 04:49 AM
I recently read an interesting spell called Create Faux Human that I think would be incredibly useful, if only I could find something for it. It turns Tiny or Small Animals into humanoids, permanently. Chickens are animals. So with Chicken Infested, you can have a functionally infinite supply of humanoids.

The main caster is a Human Archivist 10 with Uncanny Forethought. This allows him to cast Create Faux Human as a full round action rather than taking all day. It also allows him to cast Acorn of Far Travel, and with a Feather Token (Tree), he can throw up an oak tree next to the Standing Stones in Ossington and be considered to be under the canopy of that tree, and thus, in the standing stones. A bit of Plane Shift will get you to the right setting if you're not in that campaign. Being as you don't want a 50% chance of drawing a chicken instead of a spell component in the middle of battle, and having a level of Commoner is beneath you, you purchase a chicken from the market and create:

Henfield
Faux Human Commoner 1/Survivor 5/Whatever X.
Flaw: Chicken Infested) Quick Draw

Henfield is the one who will be drawing all the chickens, and you'll be turning them into faux humans. What can you do with all these humans, you ask? That, I'm not actually sure. You could:

Sacrifice them using the rules in BoVD for crafting gold and XP
Create an Ambrosia/Liquid Pain farm
Create an undead army of wights without actually killing anyone.
Steal their souls with a thinaun dagger and barter them away!

What would you do with functionally endless humanoids?

Efrate
2020-11-18, 08:39 AM
Raise a society of people who worship you as a god to raise yourself to godhood. Feed all the faux humans with infinite chickens, seeing food and housing is a huge problem in that adventure.

You could likely indoctrinate them to accept some form of lottery sacrifice to have fiends build your city with sacrifice rules for spellcasting services. With glibness or the like you can convince them fiends are you agents or something.

unseenmage
2020-11-18, 08:40 AM
Consumptive Field?
War Magic Study Distilled Joy?
BoVD sacrifice rules?
Hivemind the chickens first?
Starve out an enemy nation?
Spead rumors, plague, or catchphrases?
The world's longest Conga line?

Resetting magic trap of Mineralize Warrior?

Batcathat
2020-11-18, 09:13 AM
Raise a society of people who worship you as a god to raise yourself to godhood. Feed all the faux humans with infinite chickens, seeing food and housing is a huge problem in that adventure.

I'm not sure if this idea is awesomely disturbing or disturbingly awesome but either way I love it. I should really try to include a cult of pseudo-cannibalistic chicken men at some point in my life.

daremetoidareyo
2020-11-18, 09:43 AM
I was discussing this a few weeks ago,

The +1d3 cha seems like it stacks. So if you polymorph a faux human back into an animal and then hit him with faux human again, they get another 1d3 charisma.

Hire a marshal to train your reams of super charismatic multi-animal-faux humans.

Kalkra
2020-11-18, 11:25 AM
Source for the spell and the dagger?

Wildstag
2020-11-18, 11:52 AM
Are chickens a small animal? If not then they wouldn't be able to be Human. I'd be willing to bet they're tiny sized. You'd need a buttload of eagles if you want birds to become Faux-Human.

Efrate
2020-11-18, 01:24 PM
Spell is from the Standing Stones adventure, part of the 3.0 sunless citadel adventure path (kind of). Also if chickens are tiny it makes halflings IIRC.

The cannibalism idea is in the adventure. Someone routinely disappears to feed the people iirc. If those elves would just let people farm...

It is one of the greatest Judo flip antagonists however, and it's very easy to have the elves be eliminated and the ghost taken care of so your party sides with the tieflings crew.

unseenmage
2020-11-18, 10:02 PM
Q from my 3.P game...
Create Faux Human on a Lesser Simulacrum animal...
Does the new creature still wink out or does the Instantaneous duration mean we've made real from unreal?

Also the same Q but for Figurine of Wondrous Power animals.

Kalkra
2020-11-19, 01:24 AM
Q from my 3.P game...
Create Faux Human on a Lesser Simulacrum animal...
Does the new creature still wink out or does the Instantaneous duration mean we've made real from unreal?

Also the same Q but for Figurine of Wondrous Power animals.

It's a transmutation effect, so it's no different than casting Minor Creation to make some wood, and then making something out of that wood. It'll still disappear. Even in this case, where the change is a more fundamental one, the base materials are still the same.

That being said, I've seen DMs allow more.

Khatoblepas
2020-11-19, 06:56 AM
I read over the text of the spell, and yeah, it does lock Tiny animals to be halflings. Which doesn't really matter. What does interest me, though, is the text of the spell:

You transform a Tiny or Small animal into a sentient humanoid resembling a halfling or a human, respectively. To succeed, you must make a Will save (DC 10+the target's HD).

The newly created faux human has 3d6 Intelligence, +1d3 Charisma, and becomes a 1st level commoner, expert, or warrior (your choice). Faux human can speak Common but do not have the ability to communicate with other animals.

Faux humans (or faux halflings) are of the humanoid type. Spells that effect animals do not effect animals transformed into faux humans. Faux humans appear identical to humans (or halflings), though they sometimes exhibit behavior reminiscent of their original form.

This is what mechanically happens to the animal when you cast Create Faux Human on it. Unlike what I assumed, it doesn't acquire Human or Halfling racial traits at all. All it gets is:

Humanoid Type
3d6 Int, +1d3 Cha
1 level of Commoner, Expert, Warrior
Ability to speak Common

Does this mean that it retains all it's other stats and abilities? Does a Faux Halfling Rat Swarm retain the swarm subtype and become a swarm of halflings?

unseenmage
2020-11-19, 07:26 AM
I read over the text of the spell, and yeah, it does lock Tiny animals to be halflings. Which doesn't really matter. What does interest me, though, is the text of the spell:

This is what mechanically happens to the animal when you cast Create Faux Human on it. Unlike what I assumed, it doesn't acquire Human or Halfling racial traits at all. All it gets is:

Humanoid Type
3d6 Int, +1d3 Cha
1 level of Commoner, Expert, Warrior
Ability to speak Common

Does this mean that it retains all it's other stats and abilities? Does a Faux Halfling Rat Swarm retain the swarm subtype and become a swarm of halflings?

Oh. Oh fun. Check out this thread of templates (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?372681-How-do-template-stacked-Animals-compare-to-more-common-corpses-for-necromancy) that dont change the animal's type.

Half-Machine faux human amuses me. As does woodling.

Inherited Templates are applied in any order first, then Acquired Templates are applied in any order.
Ignore duplicate results; Unique NPC Abilities can be used multiple times but it is unadvised.

Roll to determine which chart to roll from
01 Untemplated
02-33 Inherited Templates
34-98 Acquired Templates
99 One of each
100 One of each and roll again

Inherited Templates - applied before Acquired templates
01-16 Chameleon Creature (Un83) -- animal or vermin
17-32 Dark Creature (ToM161) -- animal or vermin
33-48 Dungeonbred Monster (Du113) -- large or larger only, animal or vermin
49-64 Horrid Animal (ECS287) -- dire animal only
65-81 Magebred (ECS295) -- animal only
82 Paragon Creature (SRD) (stop rolling and disregard all other templates) -- animal or vermin
83-98 Woodling (MM3pg197) -- animal only
99 Roll an Inherited Template and roll again
100 Roll an Acquired Template and roll again

Acquired Templates - applied after Inherited templates
01-07 Advanced, Increased Hit Dice
8-16 Beast of Xvim (MC:MoF85) -- animal or vermin
17-24 Half-Golem (non-construct variant from appendix) (MM2pg210) -- animal only
25-33 Half-Machine (Dungeon #91 pg106) -- animal or vermin
34-41 Lolth-Touched (MM4 pg93) - animal or vermin
42-50 Mineral Warrior (Un96) -- animal or vermin
51-58 Poisonous Creature (Dragon #350 pg35) -- animal or vermin
59-66 Remade (Dragon #352 pg46) -- animal or vermin
58-63 Stonebone Creature (Dragon #350 pg36) -- animal or vermin
67-73 Titanic Creature (MM2pg217) -- medium or smaller only, animals or vermin
74-81 Unique NPC Abilities (DMG2pg157) (pseudo templates, roll once on chart below) -- animals or vermin
82-89 Voidmind Creature (MM3pg187) -- tiny to huge only, animal only
90-98 Warbeast (MM2pg219) (must be applied last to give resultant creature a price so stop rolling you're done) -- medium or larger only, animals or vermin
99 Roll an Inherited Template and roll again
100 Roll an Acquired Template and roll again

Unique NPC Abilities (DMG2pg157)
RAW it looks like an NPC can only have one at a time and only one NPC per "every two levels that the party advances" can have them.
"(Note: most of those abilities ... are (Su) by nature. So, if you going to make undead with simple Animate Dead (or Fell Animate), Su abilities will be lost"
-- Thanks ShurikVch)
01-05 Aberrant Limbs (Ex) (DMG2pg158)
06-10 Abysmally Wretched (Su) (DMG2pg158)
11-15 Arcane Adept (Su) (DMG2pg158)
16-20 Divinity (Su) (DMG2pg158)
21-25 Doomwatcher (Su) (DMG2pg158)
26-30 Dragon Touched (Su) (DMG2pg158)
31-35 Fey Spirit (Su) (DMG2pg158)
36-40 Graced from Outside (Su) (DMG2pg158)
41-45 Gravetouched (Su) (DMG2pg159)
46-50 Guardian Spirit (Su) (DMG2pg159)
51-55 Lifemate (Su) (DMG2pg159)
56-60 Naturebond (Su) (DMG2pg159)
61-65 Past Life (Su) (DMG2pg159)
66-70 Poisonlaced (Ex) (DMG2pg160)
71-75 Prodigy (Ex) (DMG2pg160)
76-80 Prophet (Su) (DMG2pg160)
81-85 Spore Carrier (Su) (DMG2pg160)
86-90 Stormtouched (Su) (DMG2pg160)
91-95 Unearthly Beauty (Su) (DMG2pg160)
96-99 Vestigial Twin (Ex) (DMG2pg160)
100 roll twice again

Kalkra
2020-11-19, 12:07 PM
Oh. Oh fun. Check out this thread of templates (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?372681-How-do-template-stacked-Animals-compare-to-more-common-corpses-for-necromancy) that dont change the animal's type.

Half-Machine faux human amuses me. As does woodling.

Not to mention Paragon, because Paragon.