PDA

View Full Version : Techno

Old_el_Paso
2007-11-04, 11:54 AM
Who here likes techno? It's hard to find new artists, so I encourage you to post your favorites here.

My favorites are Basshunter, DJ Isaac, and DJ Silvia.

Jorkens
2007-11-05, 09:21 PM
I quite like a bit of techno techno techno business, although weirdly I much prefer it for listening to at home than for going out and dancing.

I mostly tend to go for old detroity stuff, Basic Channel style stuff and Villalobos style minimal, though - generally the chinstroker-friendly end of things.

Catch
2007-11-05, 09:30 PM
Techno has always been very hit-or-miss for me. A little trance, a little eurodance, a little synthpop, mostly samples of the best. It's very easy to make bad techno and very hard to make good techno, I think.

As far as artists go, the Chemical Brothers were always a favorite of mine, the Basement Jaxx, Master Zap, and a handful of odds and ends. I'm not exactly a connoisseur, though.

sealemon
2007-11-06, 12:57 AM
I loves me some good techno, but as Catch pointed out, it's hard to find the good stuff. I don't really have any favorites, beyond maybe some Crystal Method or Okenfold, I just get the compilations.

Semidi
2007-11-06, 02:45 AM
I don't know too much about the genre to put things in neat categories so I'll just list a few things that use a lot of synth sounds, but I like/love The Prodigy, some Crystal Method, and Covenant.

They may or may not be 'techno' but they're awesome nonetheless.

valadil
2007-11-06, 02:23 PM
It's really hard for me to find techno I like because everything I like is a remix of something else. Lately I've been listening to a lot of Astral Projection and DJ Doboy. Doboy had his entire catalog online for free for a while, but took it down while he got married. As of a couple months ago google still had cached links to the free stuff.

landadmiral
2007-11-06, 02:51 PM
I loves me some good techno, but as Catch pointed out, it's hard to find the good stuff. I don't really have any favorites, beyond maybe some Crystal Method or Okenfold, I just get the compilations.

These 2 bands were precisely what I was going to post. although paul oakenfold isnt' a band....
i also enjoy utah saints and orbital and old school information society

Om
2007-11-06, 03:54 PM
Its been a while since I've donned my "trance trousers" and headed out for a rave. Great days...