PDA

View Full Version : Armorer Artificer

nickl_2000
2020-11-18, 07:32 AM
At level 3, the new Armorer Artificer gets the thunder gauntlets and lightning launcher. Can they apply the +1 weapon infusion to those immediately, or do they need to wait until the level 9 ability? Or is this, like usual, a DMs call?

king_steve
2020-11-18, 12:46 PM
My understanding is that you can use either the Enhanced Weapon on the weapon or Enhanced Defense on armor, but I don't think you can have both until level 9.

Pex
2020-11-18, 01:55 PM
I am rather glad they nerfed it a bit from UA. Battlesmith now has a reason to exist. The UA version of getting to use Int for weapons and bonus action tempoary hit points all day long was way too much. Armorer is still great. I'm happy it now doesn't obsolete the Battlesmith.

stoutstien
2020-11-18, 01:57 PM
The wording wasn't changed as far as this is concerned. Up to DM.

Silpharon
2020-11-18, 02:01 PM
I asked about this in another thread for the Infiltrator. We decided the Lightning Launcher could be considered separate and hold a different infusion. Or for magic armor, at least the weapon could still hold an infusion. This is because it says a gem-like node appears that counts as a simple ranged weapon. For the gauntlets that's a harder case...

This is of course not crystal clear. There are a lot of unanswered questions on the Armorer. See here for more details:
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?621843-New-changes-to-the-Infiltrator-Armorer-Artificer

nickl_2000
2020-11-18, 02:11 PM
I asked about this in another thread for the Infiltrator. We decided the Lightning Launcher could be considered separate and hold a different infusion. Or for magic armor, at least the weapon could still hold an infusion. This is because it says a gem-like node appears that counts as a simple ranged weapon. For the gauntlets that's a harder case...

This is of course not crystal clear. There are a lot of unanswered questions on the Armorer. See here for more details:
https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?621843-New-changes-to-the-Infiltrator-Armorer-Artificer

Thanks, I will check it out. I tended to avoid most Tasha's related discussions prior to Tasha's coming out since I didn't know what was real or fake in leaks.