PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help with an Eldar (High Elf reskin) Void Dreamer (Mystic reskin) Spelljammer corsair

Archangel
2020-11-18, 02:59 PM
Hello all. I'm a long time lurker of those boards but this is the first time I post something here.

We are going to start a 1-to-20 Spelljammer campaign shortly and the DM liked my Warhammer 40K crossover, reference heavy, concept of a small damaged "Eldritch Raiders" ship getting lost in the webway and finding itself in the more magical part of the GEEK-metaverse, with the only survivor being its navigator. Trying to survive in this new universe, seemingly away from Slaanesh's influence, he takes up the identity of a fictional space pirate he learned about from an old pict-recorder they found in a Mon-keigh ship they raided a while back, named Captain Phantom F. Harlock (yes, I'm that old). He never removes his helmet and uses voice modulation (and telepathy) to communicate, trying to obfuscate the fact that beneath that alien visage and terrifying helmet hides a beautiful Eldar lady (Metroid reference) (yes, space pirate elf waifu, get your &%# together now :P )

She still caries her futuristic equipment with her (witchblade, Shuriken pistol, Ghost Helm, and Rune Breastplate), but she lacks ammo, a way to recharge them or refuel her ship (solar sails are torn). Using Tasha's "Origin Rules", she has exchanged Bow proficiencies for pistols and rifles, and her High-Elf cantrip for a Mystic talent.

I envision her as a caster/support/leader type of character, and most probably the captain of the motley crew that will man her ship for the foreseeable future. I love psycoportation and psycokinesis so I plan to follow the "Order of the Nomad" and start with "Nomadic Step", "Nomadic Chameleon" as the bonus, and "Mantle of Awe", "Precognition" or "Telepathic Contact" as her starting disciplines.

And here is where you come in. I humbly request your help on building on top of this skeleton and optimize the character for a long campaign (as I said lvl 1 to 20). I'm not looking for cheese and rule bending, but for interesting combinations, ideas of discipline usage, feats, etc. I would prefer a straight mystic instead of multi-classing. All WotC sources, UA included, are fair game.

Thank you all for your time.

~Archangel