PDA

View Full Version : Brand of effervescent descent...

aglondier
2020-11-19, 03:26 AM
Pathfinder/3.x item creation. Looking to price a magic item that lets you imprint a one-use spell onto a willing target once per day, that sticks until used...in this case Feather Fall one use only, use activated...something like a brand or tattoo gun that imprints the one use spell.

ParasocialTroop
2020-11-22, 08:41 PM
Cool item idea. It's kinda like an item that makes other items. There are a couple of ways I could think about how this would work.

You could look at it like an item that casts imbue with spell ability cleric spell once per day. It is a level 4 spell, that does what you are wanting. But to grant the ability to cast feather fall is at the low end of what it does.
It'd cost 4 (spell level) X 7 (CL) X 1800 / 5 (once per day) = 10,080 gp or soemthing around there.
But that seems like way over pricing, since imbue with spell ability would also be able to grant more spells than just feather fall.

You could look at it as an item that casts feather fall once per day, since it's kinda doing that, but to others. Using the formula it'd be: 1 (spell level) X 1 (CL) X 1800 / 5 (once per day) = 360 gp
But you're not casting featherfall you're giving others the ability to cast feather fall.

I might put it at 1800, the cost of an item that does a level 1 spell as a command word action. Optionally you could make it cost material components to brand/tattoo someone. You could use the craft price for the above feather fall 1/day which would be 180 (half of 360 for crafting). Being that it's limited to once per day and I'd assume any one character can only have one feather fall brand at a time, I would probably allow for skipping the material cost but that's me.

aglondier
2020-11-23, 03:14 AM
Maybe a tattoo gun enchanted with Imbue Spell Ability, while the ink just has to have the spell's material components ground up into it, costing the equivalent of a scroll to mark the one use spell onto a willing target...

TheCount
2020-11-23, 06:32 AM
Sooo.... the Glypstones from the Magic Item Compendium?