PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Constant Buffering for Streaming & Keyboard

Palanan
2020-11-19, 12:18 PM
Over the past number of weeks I’ve noticed a dramatic reduction in the streaming speed on my laptop, to the point that some videos have become unwatchable because of the constant pausing to load.

During just the past couple weeks I’ve also seen a sharp increase in the lag time between typing and letters appearing, most notably in browser windows. No idea if these are related, but these issues are making it difficult to get things done. Not sure if it’s a browser issue or something else, but I’d be grateful if anyone can help me with this.

snowblizz
2020-11-19, 12:47 PM
I'd be looking at the taskmanager to see what else uses resources cpu/network at the same time. If anything.

KillianHawkeye
2020-12-03, 01:37 PM
I'd be looking at the taskmanager to see what else uses resources cpu/network at the same time. If anything.

Agreed.

If nothing obvious is eating all your resources, here are a few other questions for you:

Have you restarted your computer lately?
Is your disk nearly full?
Is your Internet speed up to what it's supposed to be?
Have you run an anti-virus scan lately?
Did you install any new software or browser plug-ins around the time this started happening?
Does your system automatically update? What about your browser? If not, maybe you should update those.
How old is the computer?