PDA

View Full Version : Midnight d20 - Spell Energy Feat(s)?

Gwynch
2020-11-20, 02:51 PM
Does anyone familiar with Midnight d20 know if there are any feats you can take for extra points of spell energy? For example, a feat that just gives 2 points of spell energy?

thorr-kan
2020-11-20, 05:43 PM
Does anyone familiar with Midnight d20 know if there are any feats you can take for extra points of spell energy? For example, a feat that just gives 2 points of spell energy?
A quick scan of the 1E and 2E Campaign Setting Books doesn't show anything. Only the "Natural Channeler" racial feature.

Gwynch
2020-11-25, 12:21 AM
Racial features are not what I'm looking for.

I checked Sorcery and Shadow and the various race and regional books but wasn't able to find any there either. I was hoping there was something in a sidebar I might have missed or a book I might not have, but it looks like I may be the most knowledgeable person about Midnight d20 on this entire board :smallfrown:.

thorr-kan
2020-11-25, 12:28 AM
Racial features are not what I'm looking for.

I checked Sorcery and Shadow and the various race and regional books but wasn't able to find any there either. I was hoping there was something in a sidebar I might have missed or a book I might not have, but it looks like I may be the most knowledgeable person about Midnight d20 on this entire board :smallfrown:.
Yeah, racial features were all I could find that were even ballpark what you were looking for.

I have and have read most of the supplements, but it's been a decade. While awesome, Midnight was a niche product to begin with. But awesome.

Skysaber
2020-11-25, 06:16 PM
There are a few of us that know the system well. I've always described it to my friends as "The Lord of the Rings, only with the serial numbers filed off, and the good guys failed."

None of my group has really been interested in a setting where the good guys have already lost, and the baddies are doing what amounts to clean up operations. But the setting does yield some interesting material.

And it does have what might be the most attractive spell-point system every presented in D20.

So how picky are you? Does a feat have to increase your spell energy cap, or would one of those feats for recovering it faster help? Cause if we can come at this sideways, there are ways to get more spells per day.

Blood Channeler (Midnight: Sorcery p40), the first two points of constitution you spend to fuel spells each day yield two Spell Points each.

Draw on Earth Power x3 (Midnight: Fury p148-9, includes Minor, Lesser and Greater versions of the feat), when within its sphere of influence, you can tap the arcane energy from any ancient monolith and utilize up to three times your wisdom bonus of bonus Spell Points from these sources each day.

You would, of course already know about and have harnessed spell talismans and greater spell talismans.

Aha! And, just what you are looking for, it seems.

Energy Focus (Midnight: Tome of Sorrows v1 p17), each time you take this feat gain one extra spell point more than the last time you took it, starting at one spell point with the first feat.

If it helps, my DM has already ruled against the 'can only take this feat three times' cap on Energy Focus.

thorr-kan
2020-11-27, 12:06 AM
Skysaber, nice finds.

"The War of the Ring is over. Sauron won."

A potential, if risky, end game for the good guys: let Izzie complete his fiendish plans and pierce the veil. Gamble that the other gods haven't forgotten their missing followers and are massed on the veil, waiting for a break in the veil. This, of course, assumes Izzie's endgame doesn't strip the world of all life.

Skysaber
2020-11-28, 01:38 AM
Skysaber, nice finds.

"The War of the Ring is over. Sauron won."

A potential, if risky, end game for the good guys: let Izzie complete his fiendish plans and pierce the veil. Gamble that the other gods haven't forgotten their missing followers and are massed on the veil, waiting for a break in the veil. This, of course, assumes Izzie's endgame doesn't strip the world of all life.

Thank you.

I've always been hesitant to rely on the mercy of the Evil Overlord. So few have any. And asking him to forget about me... yeah, I've never been that lucky.

I've always been the player who discovers ways to do things like, "Hey, the black mirrors the enemy keeps all of the magic he's stolen from the world in? Yeah, the ones that explode like nuclear bombs once exposed to true sunlight or holy water? Well, my player is a Quickling with a 240ft base move, and I've got my father's Sunblade as starting equipment. Let's see how the enemy's advance goes when the enemy's strongholds carpet nuke themselves."