PDA

View Full Version : Grand Spheres Arena IC

Hellpyre
2020-11-20, 04:51 PM
OOC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?622524-Grand-Spheres-Arena-OOC)

Each of you has risen, the cream of the crop, to take your place at the Thelonian Grand Arena, home to feats of daring martial and magical prowess unheard-of elsewhere. Some among you have plied your trade here for years, slowly winning the notoriety and acclaim to participate in the headlining events each day. Others have been sent, and accepted, invitation to participate in the Grand Arena after a powerful sponsor or a well-loved gladiator saw your performance in another venue.

In the end, how you got here matters little. What matters now is the roar of the crowds, and the thrill of battle waged against worthy foes.

The arena stands alabaster around you, formed of intricate arches and impossibly thin supports buoyed by magic. You know that the stands themselves are protected by an invisible ring of magical force, allowing spectators to witness your deadly combat without risk. Below your feet, a thin layer of fine sand tops the hard packed earth, its parched dryness ready to absorb whatever blood is spilled while leaving those who yet stand a firm footing.

A tall, scarred man in opulent clothing stands before you. He is adorned in a suit of leather armor, dyed white and festooned with the remains of the accolades of his previous life as an arena champion. His right arm is bared entirely, with twenty-six different weapons tattooed upon its length.

"You fine warriors make me proud. You're in luck, as it would happen. Zanafar's prized catch slipped the net this week, so you're going up against his backup group. Let's see something exciting out there - stay frosty"

The man turns to leave and slips up a side staircase to his announcer's podium. Even through the closed gates of the gladiator's entryway, you hear his magically amplified voice boom out across the arena, the cheers and clapping of excited fans already beginning to grow,

"Ladies and gentleman, first-time visitors and longtime patrons, today we have a show sure to set your heart racing! Beyond this door lie our intrepid warriors, masters of arms all!"

The crowd screams out its excitement, nearly deafening even through the barriers separating you from them,

"And beyond that gate lies their mortal enemy, the cunning death that lurks in the northen wilds! Who will remain, when the dust settles? Who will claim triumph? Tell me, my dear friends, can you endure this wait any longer?"

The crowd shouts and cries for the fight to begin, and the gate ahead of you pulls open, revealing the glory of the full arena, and letting you see a pack of easily a dozen large, white wolves caged at the far end.

"Allow me to introduce our mighty gladiators..."

Feel free to craft your own introductions. The crowds are happy to see you, and the Master of Ceremonies wants to hype you up. Assume, if you'd like, that any flourishes you want to make have been worked out ahead of time for maximum effect. Once you've introduced the crowds (and us) to your characters, we will let loose the wolves and combat will more formally begin

Bansheexero
2020-11-21, 12:55 AM
"First up, we have a crowd favorite. Seductive graceful, elegant, and above all deadly."

As he says this, a shadow begins to creep across the pit, dark and seemingly highlighting the movements of a young, sensuous woman. She strides in spinning, prancing movements, accentuated by two fans she carries.

"Born of the light, but dancing with darkness, I give you the lovely Silvermoon!"

As he finishes, she comes out of her spin and the darkness bursts away from her, revealing her in full light, posing dramatically. Afterwards, she starts some basic stretches to ensure she is loose and ready.

thethird
2020-11-21, 10:18 AM
When the crowd calms down and stops fawning mist forms around the gladiator's gate. A tall man emerges from it. He is wearing what appears to be an exotic white robe and something like a black skirt. His hair is black and long, kept loose at his back. As he leaves the mist it sticks to him on ribbons that suddenly solidify in a frosty cape over his kimono.

"Give a warm welcome to "Black Fox" Oda. He is one of the coldest fighters around."

"OSU!"

Oda yells with both arms raised. In that moment he opens his hands and an icicle solidifies on them, reshaping itself on the form of a musket. Oda let's it rest on one shoulder while he bows slightly towards the attractive Silvermoon and then to the announcer. Once the people are properly saluted Oda studies the enemies far beyond.

Oda is taking a peek at those wolves trying to get to know what they are.
[roll0] (assuming it's k. nature, if it's k. arcana add a +3)
Assuming I can take actions I slap bane (animals or m. beast, whatever the wolves are) and reliable on the (dragoon) musket.
- Buffs active: Temperance (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/fate#toc45), Nature's caparace (Ice) (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/nature#toc77)

Binks
2020-11-21, 12:56 PM
The next figure to emerge from the gladiator area is a short young women dressed in bright, eye catching colors, who seems to alternate between skipping and walking normally every few steps.

"Joining them in the ring now. Is she actually insane? Is it just a performance? Does it really matter when you have as entertaining a performer as The Giggling Madwoman, Anastasia!"

With that she skips higher a few times, waving to the crowd as she approaches. Suddenly, her foot seems to catch on something, and she begins to fall. But as she goes to the ground it's quickly turned into a tumble that ends with her standing straight with both arms in the air, at which point a bright blast of light emerges from her hands, shooting upwards into the sky, shining like a beacon and riling up the crowd's excitement even further.

She then walks calmly to join the others, hand over her mouth, chuckling to herself for no apparent reason.

Burning one of my Adaptations to make the blast a bright blast type (probably Incandescent) and using the gauntlets for the burst shape (medium range line). Since Adaptation lasts a minute, I expect it will have burned out by the time the first starts, but entrances are important :P

redfeline
2020-11-21, 10:35 PM
Making her way into the arena right now, a new comer to the arena but a rising star after her last two matches. The Savage! Jenifer begins her way into the arena on cue. She casually walks in wearing a cloak on her shoulders, loin cloth and a wrap. Over her should floats a crystal following her. In her hand it the massive head of her large Bec de Corbin. She casually stands next to the others. She looks at the crowd and pulls on her innate spell casting ability. Suddenly she grows into a giant tilting her head back and lets out a burst of fire from her mouth. Letting go of her concentration she shrinks back to her normal size. She grabs the crystal floating in the air and slams it into her chest it begins to disolve and merge with her, a few seconds later she is wearing a semi translucent blue set of chain mail.

I am using the alteration sphere via concentration to grant a blank form with the alterations of size increase and breath weapon fire cone. Dropping it at the end and forming my astral armor.

Kaouse
2020-11-22, 08:40 AM
Ajax Grant sits in the waiting room, a towel covering his face. He sits, and he reminisces. Flashes of memories of long ago come to him, bits and pieces of a shattered world that he no longer has any place in.

Eventually, the memories stop, and he's left in an inky blackness. There's no point in hanging on to memories. In the Arena, the past didn't matter. All that exists, is you and your opponent. Everything else, was a distraction.

As he called in to the ring, the man gets up quietly, and ascends into the ring. Taking off the towel and tossing it to the side, he steps into the sight of the crowd, and bellows out a mighty roar!

"RAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRR"

His mind, now cleared of all unnecessary thoughts, focuses on the enemy before him. His body settles into the old rhythm, as he enters into a fighting stance.

Ajax will be in the Path of War "Caged Sun" Stance of Radiant Dawn. He has 2 points of essence invested in this stance. Unless otherwise specified or impossible, assume that Ajax Grant is always in this stance.

If short duration pre-buffs are allowed, he will expend martial focus on the Spheres of Might Versatile Fighter Stance, Offensive Style, causing it to last for the next 3 rounds. Finally, he will use total defense in order to regain martial focus.

OzzyKP
2020-11-23, 10:28 AM
"Last but not least, ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to welcome to the Thelonian Grand Arena hot off his decisive string of victories in the Irorium Arena, the mysterious, the deadly, Haerdi the Knife Thrower!! No one has seen beneath his make up or knows his real name, but he sure knows how to put on a good show!"

In walks Haerdi, dressed like a clown in a circus somewhere. He throws his hands up to welcome the applause he receives from the crowd, some at least seem to have followed his success in Absalom. He pulls out five daggers and juggles them high over his head then catches them behind his back as he bows to the crowd.

https://i.imgur.com/U7hk4f0.png?1

Initiative: [roll0]
Knowledge (nature): [roll1]

Hellpyre
2020-11-23, 06:22 PM
"Without any further ado, let the battle commence!"

The Master of Ceremonies raises a hand as he speaks, dropping it on the final word. The cage holding the wolf pack is pulled apart, releasing the beasts to engage the gladiators. Half of them break away immediately, circling counter-clockwise around the arena, clearly wary of the opponents before them. They howl and bark constantly, keeping up a dim drone of noise that cuts through the cry of the arena fans. There is more intelligence in their eyes than that of normal beasts, and a dark hunger can be felt in their gaze. It seems that the larger wolves are leaders of a sort, coordinating their assault. The one that moved keeps back from the gladiators, clearly waiting for something.

Most of the gladiators are surprised by the sudden start to the fray, but Oda is prepared and focused, acting before any more of the beasts can take positions of their choice.

The crowd stills, intent on watching for the first blood.

Pack A: 22
Oda: 21
Pack B: 19
Silvermoon:16
Anastasia: 10
Jennifer: 9
Haerdi: 8
Ajax: 5

OzzyKP
2020-11-23, 09:27 PM
Despite his colorful entrance into the arena, Haerdi has a more subdued beginning to the match. He took a step back from the approaching wolves, downing a potion as he moved. Suddenly the man shrank, now standing just over 3 feet tall, a minature version of himself. He said a short prayer to himself, made a few gestures and braced himself for battle.

I am accustomed to documenting every roll, modifier, action, resource, etc in my posts. Both for my own sanity to remain organized and for the benefit of the GM keeping me honest. I am aware that this game may involve PVP so I'd rather not give away all my secrets to my potential enemies. GITP doesn't have a nice private tag that can keep content fully secret from prying eyes like Myth-Weavers, so I am just have to trust that my fellow players are honest and won't open these spoiler tags to reveal secret info.

If you're not Hellpyre and you've made it this far, I implore you to turn back now.

HP: 42 (42 base)
AC: 27 (10 base, +5 armor, +4 DEX, +1 size, +5 natural armor, +2 shield)
Touch AC: 20 (10 base, +5 armor, +4 DEX, +1 size)

=== Actions ===

Free: 5 ft step back
Swift: Spend 1 fervor to cast Ironskin
Move: Use Corset of Delicate Moves to gain extra swift action to start Startoss Style
Standard: Drink Reduce Person potion
Free: Spend 1 spell point to Vital Magic to replenish 1 fervor

=== Ongoing Effects ===

Ironskin (+5 natural armor): 60 rounds remaining
Reduce Person (+2 DEX, -2 STR, +1 attack, +1 AC): 10 rounds remaining
Startoss Style

=== Daily Use Things ===

Fervor: 5/5 remaining
Spell Points: 9/10 remaining
Corset of Delicate Moves: 0/1 remaining
Pirate's Eye Patch: 1/1 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Ironskin - Used
Surmount Affliction

thethird
2020-11-24, 03:30 AM
Oda breathes deeply as the gates open and a pack of the worgs starts moving. They move pretty fast, and more importantly, behind cover. He decides that he doesn't want to give the other pack a similar chance. He stocks his ice cold rifle against his shoulder and slides his fingers along the stock, mutters something on Tien, and fires.

When the ice bullet hits the winter wolves pelt several crystals form around it restricting it's movement and cutting it's flesh.

Oda raises his rifle up in one hand as the crowd cheers for the first blood. He then moves, close to the left of Haerdi and further away from the wolves.

OoC: I rolled on roll20, it's my first time using it, so if I do something weird let me know.

Hellpyre
2020-11-24, 12:32 PM
1)[roll0] 2)[roll1]

The large wolf is hit by Oda's shot, becoming encased in ice almost immediately. The creature lets out a yelp of pain and then growls something to it's allies, who begin to gnaw at the great wolf's confining ice shell. The smaller wolves each snatch at the ice with their jaws before running forwards to form a screen, the third to do so finally cracking the shell and freeing the larger creature to re-enter the fray. Rather than move to the other side, this group advances towards the gladiators directly, though they advance with as much wariness as their companions. The larger wolf's eyes gleam with a clear and blistering hatred.

The crowd roars its approval, clapping and hollering as the shot lands, many spectators jump up out of their seats to lean in for a closer view. When the great wolf is freed by its smaller kin, the crowd audibly boos and hisses.

No worries, it's my first time with it as well. It doesn't hurt any to roll there, especially since it makes it easier to roll mid-action. I still plan to roll what I can either here or with an online roller (when I've found I need more rolls during the action), but feel free to use that roller

Bansheexero
2020-11-25, 02:40 AM
With the crowd's swelling excitement, Silvermoon begins her dance, striding over to the nearest wolf with lithe grace. When within range, she spins rapidly, slicing at the wolf with her fans, finishing with a flourish. As she does, darkness begins to swell around her again.

Uses double attack with blooded strike (2 bleed, due to having +4 BAB)

Attack roll #1 [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2] piercing
If crit, add [roll3] piercing damage

Attack roll #2 [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6] piercing
If crit, add [roll7] piercing damage

Assuming at least one hit, the target takes 2 bleed, and I start a sequence, in which I imbue the Dark Sphere, using Hungering Darkness (Fort save or take 1 Con damage per round within radius of darkness. I am immune thanks to being imbued. DC is currently 17).

Binks
2020-11-25, 09:13 AM
"Hehehe. Look at the nice little doggies!" Anastasia chuckles as she raises her arms, pointing one at each of the nearest little ones. "Fetch!" she yells as she looses a pair of small fireballs at each of them.

With a smile on her face she proceeds to sprint towards, then straight up the nearest pillar, not even breaking stride for a moment, before leaping up to balance atop it and flourish to the crowd.

Move Action: Adaptation to gain the Searing Blast (blast type) talent for the next 1m

Standard Action: Destructive Blast (blast salvo) (searing blast) - 35ft range, so there are 3 targets in range per the roll20 map. I'm targeting whichever ones Silvermoon did not engage.
Target 1 - [roll]v1d20+8[/rollv] vs. touch for [roll0] fire damage
Target 2 - [roll1] vs. touch for [roll2] fire damage

If either hit, this begins my Sequence and I gain my Armored Magic shielding aegis thanks to inspired sequence (which either bumps my AC up by 2 or 3, depending on whether I get to use the imbue sequence bonus to CL when activating the aegis or not, it's a little ambiguous on timing)

Additionally, if either hit, I should be able to make a performance combat check as a swift action per energy spells and effects correct? Assuming that's the case, I will do so, making use of my Mocking Dance talent first to move my speed (provoking normally). I will move 1sq up, 1sq up-left, then begin running up the pillar using Wall Stunt for 2 squares (at double cost each), then make an Acrobatics to jump the remaining 10ft (thanks, once again, to wall stunt with (climb) letting me jump normally while running along walls, and using Air Stunt to reduce the DC to 1 per foot so I auto-succeed thanks to my +17 bonus). This should cost 5ft+5ft+20ft+10ft per my calculations, and I have a move speed of 45ft, so should fit in no problem.

Acrobatics check (shouldn't be needed, but just in case) - [roll3]
Performance combat check - [roll4] (4 bab, 6 ranks in perform dance, +2 mocking dance)

Assuming I get the move I also get a miss chance until my next turn from Moving Target. So my defenses for the Wolves' next turns should look like:

AC: 17 (if I failed to start my sequence) OR 18 (if I succeeded on starting sequence but don't get to use the boosted CL for the Inspired Sequence talent OR 19 (if I do get to use the boosted CL for the Inspired Sequence talent but not my existing armored magic)
+3 against the first 4 attacks thanks to Active Defense (spending my 4 AoOs as needed)
Miss Chance: 20% vs. all attacks

redfeline
2020-11-25, 05:30 PM
Jennifer moves forward 15ft growing in size with each step she takes until she stands well over 10 feet tall. She readies her Bec de Corbin in her hands and issues a challenge to the pack leaders and the pair of wolves flanking the wolf in front of her. She lets her blood lust overcome her as she prepares to hit the first enemy that steps into her formidable reach.

Her reach is Large size x 2 = 20ft radius
Standard action was to cast a spell point to increase to assume Blank form with large size and fire breath.
Move action: move north 15ft should be with the column to the right.
swift action to issue a challenge to the listed dogs. Lasts 6 rounds.
free action: berserk

Kaouse
2020-11-25, 09:57 PM
Ajax narrows his eyes against the pack of worgs and winter wolves, studying them intensely. As the gaze of his intensity increases, he begins going through the opening motions of a Kata. During this, the aura that surrounds his body dims slightly as energy begins to be concentrated within his fists. Despite being far from his opponent, he pulls back his fist, as if about to strike with a melee attack. When he strikes forward, balls of light race forward towards the opponent!

Target: Wolf closest to Silvermoon, 35 ft away.

Move Action: Spend 1 use of Martial Flexibility to grab Dedicated Adversary against magical beasts.
Swift Action: Reallocate 1 point of essence away from the Caged Sun Stance and into his Hand Cannons
Free Action: 5 ft step close to opponent as part of Kata. Activate/Use Deadly Aim.
Standard Action: Barrage attack, expending martial focus to make 3 attacks at -4 each.

Barrage Attack 1:
Barrage Damage 1:[roll1]

Barrage Attack 2:[roll2]
Barrage Damage 2:[roll3]

Barrage Attack 3:[roll4]
Barrage Damage 3:[roll5]

EDIT: Barrage 1 Crit Confirm:[roll]1d20+8
Barrage 1 Crit Damage:2d6+7

NOTE: Hand Cannon Essence is now at 2 (30 ft range increment, +1 enhancement bonus)
Caged Sun Stance Essence is now at 1 (-1 attack, -1 AC, -1 saves)
Attack bonuses cancel out, but I still gain the enhancement bonus to damage.

Dedicated Adversary gives +2 attack and +2 damage as favored enemy
Deadly Aim (from Versatile Fighter) gives -2 attack and +4 damage at this level.

Hellpyre
2020-11-29, 06:09 PM
[roll0] Reflex save for Silvermoon
[roll1] Damage for breath weapon.

As Silvermoon moves to engage the closest wolf, its larger kin breathes out an arctic wind, chilling her to the bone as she moves in to strike. She is injured, but undeterred she slashes her target. As she makes contact, the light around her grows dim, and both the wolves and her allies within the sudden darkness seem suddenly less vigorous.

Reflex save succeeded; 11 cold damage

WW2[roll2]
W3[roll3]
W6[roll4]
W7[roll5]
W8[roll6]
[roll7] - success, no effect taken from the darkness.

As the others move to engage, Ajax spies a perfect shot, firing a fusillade of energy bolts from his hands. They strike into the wolf entangled in combat with Silvermoon, and the light leaves its eyes as it falls to the arena sands dead. The entire pack howls in unison upon seeing the loss, and many of them begin to move.

As the wolves split to swarm Ajax and Silvermoon, Jennifer takes a mighty swing from her enlarged vantage point, striking the first wolf to close before it makes contact with Silvermoon.

Attack[roll8]
No miss chance (Darkvision)
Confirmation if crit[roll9]
Damage roll (Bec de Corbin 1d8 medium->2d6 large)[roll10] 7+8+3+13= 31
Critical Damage roll if needed(Bec de Corbin 1d8 medium->2d6 large)[roll11]

The wolf takes the blow, yelping, but it continues on and attacks its target, leaping to try and bite at Silvermoon's shoulder
The smash of the hammer dashes the wolf to the ground, and it whines, its spine broken and death clearly soon to follow.

Attack[roll12]
Crit confirmation roll[roll13]
Damage roll[roll14]
Crit Damage roll[roll15]
Trip roll[roll16]

As it makes its strike Silvermoon is able to move out of the way, but another wolf attacks Silvermoon from the other side, going low as the other worg goes high and landing its bite as she gets out of the way of its comrade.
Silvermoon prepares to leap out of the way of the attacking creature, but is caught up short by the mighty weapon that crashes into the wolf from above them both. Her moment of suprise allows the other wolf to strike her from behind, and she reacts just a hair too slow to avoid it entirely.

Attack[roll17]
Crit confirmation roll[roll18]
Damage roll[roll19]
Crit Damage roll[roll20]
Trip roll[roll21]

The first bite misses, the first worg dies, but the second hits for 10 damage. The trip attempt fails.

Simultaneously, two other of the smaller wolves strike at Ajax in the same pattern. The first to hit takes Ajax to the ground, leaving him vulnerable to the teeth of the second.

First hit lands for 7, and the free trip knocks Ajax prone. The second hits as well, for 7 more damage. A total of 14 damage dealt

Attack[roll22]
Crit confirmation roll[roll23]
Damage roll[roll24]
Crit Damage roll[roll25]
Trip roll[roll26]

Attack[roll27]
Crit confirmation roll[roll28]
Damage roll[roll29]
Crit Damage roll[roll30]
Trip roll[roll31]

Finally, the large wolf moves to close with Silvermoon, exhaling a wave of chilling air that blows across her and reaches to envelop Jennifer's enlarged form.

[roll32] Damage for breath weapon.

[roll33] Reflex save for Silvermoon
Reflex save succeeded; 11 cold damage]

[spoiler=Jennifer]
[roll34] Reflex save for Jennifer
Reflex save failed; 22 cold damage

Sorry about the delay. Thanksgiving weekend was more involved than I had expected it to be. Let's hope I managed to get all the rolls in a long post for once. That should take care of initiative into the next round - It is Oda's turn again. Silvermoon and Ajax have both had enemies enter their threat range (A winter wolf and 2 worgs for Silvermoon, and two worgs for Ajax), so if you want to take an opportunity attack, feel free.

thethird
2020-11-30, 04:57 AM
Oda looks as the winter wolf exhales his icy breath. And as the worgs jump in the melee and soon everyone is too engaged fighting. He considers for a moment firing at that combat, try to draw away some of the attention of the worgs towards himself. Ultimately decides against it. The best way of trimming the melee would be to keep the other wolves distracted. Thus he again levels his musket towards the big wolf that was his first target. Oda can barely see it, between the column and Jennifer there is almost no clear shot at the beast. Well, time to move, and try to send that big bad wolf in a wild goose chase.

[roll0] (reroll in case of one or in case of 20) [roll1]. This is against touch AC.

Damage [roll2]+[roll3]+[roll4]+8 = 35.

Once again the winter wolf is encased in icicles that cut at his flesh and pin him in place. If Oda can keep that pack distracted while the rest of the group deals with the other pack that would be great.

Hellpyre
2020-11-30, 01:41 PM
It fails both saves this time around. Instead of enlisting allies to help it out, it elects to use a move action to make a STR check to escape, and just makes it. I rolled these on my side so I could figure better how many rolls I needed to make in the actual post.

As the bullet hits the larger wolf, ice once more encases the creature. It snarls with rage, and then barks something to the wolves around it. Each of them barks a short acknowledgement and then move in to strike at the gladiators.

Two of the wolves wind around the enlarged body of Jennifer as their ally leaps at her. The first wolf jumps to bite at the now-massive woman. Its ferocity at the attack she made against the wolfs now-fallen ally drives it to attempt a devastating attack, and the desperate bite pays off.

Attack[roll0]
Crit confirmation roll[roll1]
Damage roll[roll2]
Crit Damage roll[roll3]
Trip roll[roll4]

9 damage, with it failing to confirm the threat

The two wolves split off, one continuing around to strike at the prone Ajax on the other side of Jennifer, while the other helps with the encirclement of Silvermoon that the wolves have been attempting.

Attack[roll5]
Crit confirmation roll[roll6]
Damage roll[roll7]
Crit Damage roll[roll8]
Trip roll[roll9]

Worg misses; no damage, no trip attempt

Attack[roll10]
Crit confirmation roll[roll11]
Damage roll[roll12]
Crit Damage roll[roll13]
Trip roll[roll14]

Wolf hits for 8 damage.

The large wolf makes a mighty effort to free itself, and shatters the ice around it, but is clearly unsteady on its feet, treading the line between unconsciousness and wakefulness.

OzzyKP
2020-11-30, 02:51 PM
ROUND 2 - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

Haerdi watched his ally fall to the ground, surrounded by the enemy. He said another quiet prayer, grasping the small holy symbol hanging from his belt and then moved forward to take up a position near one of the pillars. As he moved he drew his trusty dagger and launched it with expert precision at one of the worgs attacking Ajax.

I am accustomed to documenting every roll, modifier, action, resource, etc in my posts. Both for my own sanity to remain organized and for the benefit of the GM keeping me honest. I am aware that this game may involve PVP so I'd rather not give away all my secrets to my potential enemies. GITP doesn't have a nice private tag that can keep content fully secret from prying eyes like Myth-Weavers, so I am just have to trust that my fellow players are honest and won't open these spoiler tags to reveal secret info.

If you're not Hellpyre and you've made it this far, I implore you to turn back now.

=== Actions ===

Swift: Spend 1 fervor to cast Divine Favor
Free: Spend 1 spell point using Vital Magic to replenish 1 fervor
Move: 25 ft NE
Free: Draw cold iron dagger +1 as he moves
Standard: Attack! If first attack hits, then the dagger makes a second attack. If that hits it goes to a third. It comes back to my hand when the attack is finished.

Attack #1 (Worg 2): [roll0] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll1] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Attack (Worg 2): [roll2] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll3] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)
Attack #2 (Worg 7): [roll4] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll5] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Attack (Worg 7): [roll6] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll7] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)
Attack #3 (Worg 3): [roll8] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll9] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Attack (Worg 3): [roll10] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, +1 friendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll11] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

If I confirm a crit or kill an enemy I can make a combat performance check as a free action, if so here are two rolls (hopefully enough):
Combat Performance #1: [roll12] (5 CHA, +1 BAB, +1 gladiator ranks, +1 friendly crowd)
Combat Performance #2: [roll13] (5 CHA, +1 BAB, +1 gladiator ranks, +1 friendly crowd)

I forgot that I have 6 ranks in profession gladiator, so those performance rolls should be 1 higher.

=== Ongoing Effects ===

Ironskin (+5 natural armor): 59 rounds remaining
Reduce Person (+2 DEX, -2 STR, +1 attack, +1 AC): 9 rounds remaining
Divine Favor (+2 luck attack, +2 luck damage): 10 rounds remaining
Startoss Style

=== Daily Use Things ===

Spell Points: 8/10 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor - Used
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Ironskin - Used
Surmount Affliction

Hellpyre
2020-11-30, 10:14 PM
The dagger strikes with precision ricocheting between all of the three wolves who surround the prone Ajax. Their blood runs on to the sands, but they seem determined to savage the fighter regardless of the injuries they incur.

Indifferent
No bonus or penalty
Current DC to improve: 17

Bansheexero
2020-12-02, 11:22 AM
Preserved by her aegis against the cold, Silvermoon retains far more vigor than she lets on. In an effort to prevent the worgs from encircling her, she picks her moment and dashes between a gap in their formation. She positions herself behind two of them such that she can easily strike at both, spinning in a flourish again, while lashing out with her fans. As she does so, she burns some of the protective energy surrounding her to heal the bite wound she received.

Immediate action to end my Energy Resistance (Fire) Aegis for Healing (Succor) to recover 10 HP. Silvermoon deliberately moves to provoke at least one AoO (not sure if she can get in position without provoking more, but she tries to restrict it to one as best she can).

She uses Acrobatics to avoid said AoO('s).

Acrobatics checks (making 3 just in case more are needed):
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

If any of those succeed, she adds a link to her sequence (no more than one, however).

She takes her next action for a dual attack against one of the two she gets behind that she does not wound, and if her second attack hits, makes another attack as a swift action against the other worg and adds another link to the sequence if that third attack hits. Assuming at least one link is added, the DC for the darkness increases to 18.

*I am making this roll with the assumption that my acrobatics check succeeded and I added a link, otherwise subtract 1 from attack and damage.

Attack #1 [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5] piercing
If crit, add [roll6] piercing damage

Attack #2 [roll7]
Crit? [roll8]
Damage [roll9] piercing
If crit, add [roll10] piercing damage

Attack #3 (against other worg) [roll11]
Crit? [roll12]
Damage [roll13] piercing
If crit, add [roll14] piercing damage

My sequence should stand at 2 if at least one link succeeds, 3 if two do, and fall to zero if I fail at both.

Binks
2020-12-02, 04:43 PM
Noting the wolves' ferocity down below, Anastasia briefly frowns. It's a momentary change of expression, hardly even noticeable, before she's all grins again. Without a moment's hesitation she steps off the pillar, briefly striding on air as she moves to a place a short distance away from any of the wolves. She pauses for a moment, waving to the crowd, as she begins to fall, laughing and tumbling about wildly. She appears to be in danger of hurting herself for a bit before she effortlessly rights herself, lands, and fires another chain of blasts at the nearest wolf.

Move Action - Prodigy Link Component Disengage to move half speed and gain a link. I am using Air Stunt to just walk on the air 20ft down-ish (one square to the left, 4 down) and then falling. I auto-succeed on not taking damage from a 20ft fall (it's DC15 and I have +17) thanks to Air Stunt as well. So I end up on the ground in the square I've moved to with no harm in the silliest possible manner of getting there. (if it was slightly more than 20ft up, I can just use the Air Stunt walk to descend however far I need to get down to 20ft at no movement cost)

Since my sequence length is now 2, Inspired Sequence gives a +1 to atk/dmg/cl

Standard Action - Attacking Worg #2 with Blast Salvo, directing both attacks at it. If both hit it counts as 1 instance of damage, but they otherwise hit/crit separately.
[roll0] for [roll1] fire damage and
[roll2] for [roll3] fire damage

If either hit, I get a link and go to sequence length 3

Swift Action - If It hit, Mocking dance, moving 1sq left (not yet done on roll20) and rolling a performance check [roll4]

If I am targeted by any attacks I will use Active Defense burning an AoO on the first 4.
AC: 18 (+3 vs first 4 attacks from Active Defense)
Miss Chance: 20%

redfeline
2020-12-02, 09:08 PM
The giant savage takes a five foot step back and turns to face a nearby worg. Under the cover of darkness she opens her mouth and a rush of fire leaves her lips extending out in a giant cone the edge of which erupts from the other side of the darkness. She continues her reckless stance seemingly uncaring to any damage she takes. She then touches a hand against her chest with a faint glow and resumes a fighting stance.

Free action: Berserk
5ft step south
Action breath weapon [roll0] fire damage [roll1] dc 16 reflex (should hit worgs 7, 3, 4, 6, winter wolf 1 and silvermoon 1)
swift action lay of hands self [roll2]

Kaouse
2020-12-02, 10:58 PM
Ajax tenses his muscles as he is struck by the first two wolves; their bites and claws leave mostly superficial wounds as a result. However, his concentration is broken when he is taken to the ground, and in that moment a third worg attacks, dealing more lethal damage. Ajax grimaces, but he endures the pain. Calming himself, he takes a deep breath, and closes his eyes.

The aura energy that had gathered mostly around his fists returns to equal strength all around his body. As he opens his eyes, he focuses on everything within his immediate vicinity, attempting to predict where the wolves would strike next. Seeing an opportunity, he brings his arms and legs inward, before throwing out his legs and attempting to flip himself onto his feet in a defensive posture.

"Alright, now I'm getting into this!" Ajax states as he jumps back to his feet. Temperatures seem to rise around him, as small particles begin to ignite and spark.

14 damage from the first two wolves go into Ajax's delayed damage pool. At the end of his turn, this pool will become non-lethal damage due to the effects of Endure Pain. 8 damage from the last Worg is inflicted as lethal damage.

Swift Action: Reallocate 1 Essence from Hand Cannons to the Caged Sun (stats return to normal)
Standard Action: Total Defense (+6 Dodge bonus to AC & CMD, Martial Focus regained!)
Move Action: Stand up from prone
Free Action: 5 ft step diagonally
Free Action: Activate Greatness --> Scourging Totem (enemies take 3 fire damage when they enter my aura and at the end of each of my turns)

Current AC = 26
Current CMD = 30

HP = 47/55, Nonlethal = 14

Hellpyre
2020-12-05, 02:32 PM
Silvermoon moves gracefully between the wolves surrounding her, feigning an opening to goad them into striking at her. She slips through the space created by the failed attacks of the wolves. As her attacks land, the shadows around her grow even deeper, spreading out further and draining even more of the vitality out of the combatanants. One of the larger wolves, already struggling to stand, collapses into the sweet and final sleep.
[roll0]

Watching this, Anastasia moves the the ground and strikes a nearby wolf with a barrage of fireballs, incinerating it. The air fills with the scent of charred wolf, but the crowd does not respond well to her actions, seeming to deem her brief movement to the top of the pillar an act of cowardice, and even her powerful gouts of flame do not serve to calm their boos and jeers.

Jennifer exhales a breath of rolling fire, as though she were a dragon, and burns an additional wolf to cinders as she engulfs most of the remaining enemies, as well as her fellow gladiator Silvermoon.
[spoiler=Saving throw for Silvermoon][roll1] for half against 12 fire damage.
Save succeeds, 6 incoming fire damage from Jennifer

Ajax stands carefully and moves away from the now-broken encirclement, although the remaining wolf nips at his heels at he moves. [roll2] to hit
[roll3] to confirm crit
[roll4] to for damage
[roll5] to for damage on crit
[roll6] to trip on hit

Attack juuust barely hits, but the trip easily fails and the air around Ajax begins to burn and the sands by his feet start to glow a soft red. The wolf menacing him yelps and whimpers, the heat seeming to overwhelm the creature

A wolf near Silvermoon takes another bite at her, trying to take her to the ground so that the pack can fall upon her.
[roll7] to hit (-3 from challenge debuff)
[roll8] to confirm crit
[roll9] to for damage
[roll10] to for damage on crit
[roll11] to trip on hit

Attack misses.
At the same moment, the remaining large wolf moves in to pounce upon Jennifer's massive body, throwing itself into a final assault
[roll12] to hit (+2 for challenge)
[roll13] to confirm crit
[roll14]+[roll15] to for damage
[roll16]+[roll17] to for damage on crit
[roll18] to trip on hit

Attack lands, but the trip fails.

"It's looking good for our intrepid heroes, isn't it folks? The blows rain and the enemies fall, and nothing could be more exciting! Look at that barbeque they've got going on down there. I don't know about you, but I think it's one [i[hell[/i] of a show being put on for us here."

The Master of Ceremonies laughs softly to himself at the minor pun.

Silvermoon +1 immediate action check
Anastasia +1 free action check
Jennifer +1 free action check

Silvermoon's check would be while the crowd is still indifferent, at DC 18

the other two will be after Anastasia's flubbed check, so will be one category lower than it was after Silvermoon's check (if attempted).

DCs at that point will be 18 for Indifferent or 23 for Friendly or Unfriendly

Of the enemies that remain, only Worg #5 and the remaining Winter Wolf look really steady on their feet. The others are looking pretty heavily damaged at this point. Oda is up once more. Overall crowd attitude is going to depend on who wants to make checks, and how they do on them

thethird
2020-12-06, 04:31 PM
As his quarry falls Oda yells.

"That one was mine!"

He breathes in, steading himself. Takes time to check the rifle and then rests it on top of his shoulder. He looks at the fight. There is no clean shot to any of the remaining wolves. In fact he can barely see them shrouded in darkness. Damn it.

"Next time if you guys are going to turn off the lights let me know beforehand."

He moves to the side trying to line a shot at the remaining worgs. He kneels. Holds his rifle with certainty. And then tries to catch a glimpse of the moving shadows before shooting at the remaining winter wolf.

Shooting at the remaining winter wolf
(miss chance, that's a miss) (damn lightning rules, they are a pain in the ass, apparently that's a hit)
[roll1] (touch attack) (reroll, or crit confirmation [roll2]
[roll]1d12[roll]+[roll3]+[roll4]+8 (damage

As he hits the winter wolf is encased in ice.

Hellpyre
2020-12-06, 07:38 PM
Oda fires his shot, just missing his mark as the hazy edge of the shadowed enemies distorts his view of where to place his attack. The remaining small wolves each go for a different target, with the two flanking Silvermoon and Jennifer adjusting slightly before biting at the gladiators they menace, and another breaking away to try and run down Haerdi, but it is dashed against the arena floor by Jennifer's massive weapon the moment it looks away from the giant berserker.. The two who stand leap for their targets almost in unison, clearly feeling cornered and just as clearly hoping to take any enemy down with them.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] to confirm a crit
[roll2] for damage
[roll3] for crit damage
[roll4] to trip

[roll5] to hit
[roll6] to confirm a crit
[roll7] for damage
[roll8] for crit damage
[roll9] to trip

[roll10] to hit
[roll11] to confirm a crit
[roll12] for damage
[roll13] for crit damage
[roll14] to trip

Jennifer can take an AoO when Worg 5 provokes moving toward Haerdi (before the pillar can block it, you have a clear hit). I'm assuming you'll want to take it, since your turn will roll around before any enemies can move. If you wouldn't want to do so, I can ignore the results here.

[roll15] to hit
[roll16] to confirm a crit
[roll17] for damage
[roll18] for crit damage

Morale bonuses or penalties from crowd not included as of yet, but it would not matter much.

You get an immediate action performance check if you want to take it for downing an enemy.

Let me know if anyone is taking any of those performance checks that are available, so I can refigure what the attitude of the crowd is. Assuming no one took any, it would be at Unfriendly, but there are enough checks that it could be markedly different.

Bansheexero
2020-12-06, 10:13 PM
Performance Combat Check [roll0]

"Hey! Watch it hot head!! Are you trying to roast me!?" Silvermoon shouts at the Savage, along with a string of other colorful invectives.

With that small beat, she continues to weave her deadly dance, again weaving through the worgs as she slashes at them with her fans.

Moves through and around the worgs to trigger at least one AoO. Acrobatics checks to avoid are as follows (3 if needed, though I suspect I only need 2):

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

If at least one succeeds or an AoO fails to hit, sequence increases to 3.

*My math was off for adding to rolls earlier, I thought it was a 1-to-1 increase, but it is only half my sequence. It reduces my attack bonus and damage and CL by one for previous effects, but outside of losing 1 damage, all else should remain the same. Whether I add a link or not, this is my adjusted attack bonus and damage.

Silvermoon attacks the less damaged of the two targets first with her dual attack and the other with her second. If the second attack hits, I add a link to the chain and make a third attack (off-hand).

Attack #1 [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6] piercing (weird that the fans deal piercing damage, but that is how it is listed)
If crit, add [roll7] piercing damage

Attack #2 [roll8]
Crit? [roll9]
Damage [roll10] piercing
If crit, add [roll11] piercing damage

Attack #3 [roll12]
Crit? [roll13]
Damage [roll14] piercing
If crit, add [roll15] piercing damage

If both links hit, puts my sequence at 4, which would put my bonuses to what I thought they were last action.

Hellpyre
2020-12-07, 11:30 AM
Silvermoon weaves between the wolves, attempting to gracefully avoid them as she falls into a combat rhythm. However, given the tight spaces she deals with, the large wolf is able to take a bite at her, pulling out her legs as she moves. Still, her fans strike out at the two wolves she remains next to, each causing an enemy to collapse in turn. She hits the ground ahead of her foes, but knows that only she will be able to rise again. The crowd appreciates the display, though the flickering shadows make the display harder to read for the attendees.

There were three enemies surrounding Silvermoon, although only the winter wolf had a high enough CMD to get an attack. The other two failed, giving you your link (ahead of this, if it ends up mattering).

[roll0] attack
[roll1] crit confirmation
[roll2]+[roll3] cold for damage
[roll4]+[roll5] cold for damage on crit
[roll6] to trip

The cold damage gets eaten by your remaining aegis, so that should be 11 damage incoming

You down two enemies, killing one with the third attack, and have two free action performance checks available. As Kaouse noted in the OOC thread, your bonus is based off Perform ranks, but not in a 1-to-1 progression, and should be a +8 total, not a +12. If you want to use the modified bonus with the roll you already made, feel free, but it is up to you.

As far as the fans being piercing, I suspect that's because they are based on actual war fans, which had metal ribs which could be used to stab with when closed. Although, in the interest of accuracy, bludgeoning would honestly be closer to how they were used.

Kaouse
2020-12-07, 04:42 PM
Seeing the Worg back off from the intensity of his burning glare, Ajax smirks a bit, knowing that the battle is coming to a close.

"If you're not gonna fight me, that fine. I have bigger fish to fry!"

Weaving through the complex motions of a kata reminiscent of how he opened the battle, Ajax will once again enter into an offensive stance. Rather than attack from afar, however, Ajax will rush forward and deliver a series of punches directly at the Large sized Winter Wolf. These flurry of quick punches do not deal tremendous damage, but they keep the Winter Wolf so unbalanced and on the defensive, that it struggles to launch any sort of counter-offensive.

Swift Action = Re-enter Versatile Fighter Stance. This time, in Defensive Style, expending Martial Focus (it's been 3 rounds since he's used it prior to the start of combat, thus it expired on this turn).

Move Action = Activate Glory Rune, doubling move speed and moving ~20 ft towards the Winter Wolf. As a result, less than half of total speed is moved, thus Ajax regains Martial Focus via Mobile Focus.

Standard Action = Suppressive Rush, expending Martial Focus. 3 attacks at Full BAB against Touch AC, but at half damage. Enemy can choose to automatically block all attacks, but then they take a -4 to attack and damage until they Total Defense, or are not subject to hostile actions for 1 full round. Combat Expertise is also in play here, increasing Ajax's AC by +3 as a result of Defensive Style.

Attack 1: [roll0] vs Touch
Damage 1: [roll1] DIVIDED BY HALF = 5

Attack 2: [roll2] vs Touch
Damage 2: [roll3] DIVIDED BY HALF = 3

Attack 3: [roll4] vs Touch
Damage 3: [roll5] DIVIDED BY HALF = 5

Current AC = 23, CMD = 27
End of Turn = All enemies in Aura take 3 fire damage via Scourging Totem. Doesn't affect allies.

Binks
2020-12-07, 05:49 PM
Feeling rather put out by the audiences lack of applause for her shenanigans, Anastasia takes a moment to pout in her corner. "Alright, you want action, fine then." she says, mostly to herself, as she moves a bit closer. Pointing a hand towards the nearby worg she crouches down to be more level with it, making a big show of getting her hand at the right level, before firing off a blast of fire that spews forth in a straight line across the entire arena into the wall's magic shielding.

As an afterthought, as the fire fades out, she yells out "Oh, yeah, look out by the way!" before breaking into laughter at the thought of the reactions of those nearby. Standing once more she turns to face the crowd to judge their reaction.

I hit last time, so Sequence is at 3 to start with. Sadly crit-ing and hitting with a standard action attack don't stack since you can't gain more than 1 link from any single action :/

Move - Disengage to gain a link, just going up 2 squares

Sequence is now 4, +2 to atk/dmg and to caster level

Standard - Destructive Blast (sculpt blast - medium range line) (searing blast). Firing straight level to my right, should pass through Worg 7's square and 1 square below Haerdi before hitting the wall (medium range is something like 170ft right now)
Dmg: [roll0] fire (thanks to the +2 from sequence my CL with Destruction hit 7 instead of my normal 5, so my damage goes up a die)
Worg 7 may roll reflex for half, DC is 16 (CL is 7 and caster ability modifier is +3)

Unless it has evasion I should deal damage and get another link, ending at 5 sequence

Assuming I get a swift action performance combat check, mocking dance to move 1 to the right (not done on roll20) to the edge of the darkness and trying my luck. Btw, guess who didn't know it was a Charisma ability check and was forgetting to add their CHA bonus? :P . Not that it really mattered with that last roll, but whoops.
[roll1] (+3 CHA, +1 from BaB of 4, +2 from 6 ranks of Perform (dance), +2 from Mocking Dance feat)

If, by some twist of fate, I am attacked by 1 of the 2 remaining enemies, my AC will be 21 for the first 4 attacks thanks to active defense and there is a 20% miss chance against me from Moving Target.

OzzyKP
2020-12-08, 09:44 AM
ROUND 3 - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

As enemies fall left and right, Haerdi makes one final throw hoping to bring this match to a swift and bloody end.

=== Actions ===
Free: 5 ft step SW
Standard: Attack! If first attack hits, then the dagger makes a second attack. It comes back to my hand when the attack is finished.

Attack #1 (Worg 7): [roll0] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll1] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Attack (Worg 7): [roll2] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll3] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)
Attack #2 (Winter Wolf): [roll4] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll5] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Attack (Winter Wolf): [roll6] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll7] (1d8 base, +5 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

Last I saw the crowd was unfriendly, so I baked that into my rolls. Of course if the crowd is different by the time I come up please adjust.

If that first attack is a crit or a kill, then I will Boast as an Immediate action and make my second attack roll twice (taking whichever is best). Here is my second attack again:
Immediate: Attack #2 (Winter Wolf): [roll8] (4 BAB, +5 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)

I'm not terribly clear on "special attack actions" but if all the above can be done as a special attack action I'll make the above attack a Deadly Shot and expend martial focus to add [roll9] damage to the first attack (or second? I guess I need to have martial focus to be able to boast, and that'd be after the first attack... I dunno)

If I crit, kill or successfully make two attacks I can make a performance check. I will use my swift action on that. If there is an additional performance roll as a free action, I'll take that too.
Swift: Combat Performance #1: [roll10] (5 CHA, +1 BAB, +2 gladiator ranks, -1 unfriendly crowd, +2 Hero's Display)
Free: Combat Performance #2: [roll11] (5 CHA, +1 BAB, +2 gladiator ranks, -1 unfriendly crowd)

If I do end up making a swift action combat performance check I can attempt to demoralize all enemies in 30 ft (so both of them).
Free: My intimidate roll: [roll12] (6 ranks, +5 CHA, +3 class skill, -1 unfriendly crowd)

Move: Then, I will spend 1 spell point to use the Totem of Doom to make all enemies in 30 feet shaken (no save). Or, if they are already shaken, it'll make them frightened (no save).

=== Ongoing Effects ===

Ironskin (+5 natural armor): 59 rounds remaining
Divine Favor (+2 luck attack, +2 luck damage): 10 rounds remaining
Startoss Style

=== Daily Use Things ===

Spell Points: 7/10 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor - Used
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Ironskin - Used
Surmount Affliction

redfeline
2020-12-08, 02:15 PM
"Woman up Silver, if you stand in the wrong spot you get hurt! That is the way the arena works! Jennifer touches her chest with a faint glow. She then brings the hammer down in a firm swing at the frost wolf. (Second attack at the survivor)

Swift lay of hands [roll0]
free berserk
full round full attack: First attack [roll1] [roll2] crit [roll3] [roll4]
second attack [roll5] [roll6] crit [roll7] [roll8] If winter wolf dies, I go for the worg otherwise second attack at the big white beast.

Hellpyre
2020-12-09, 11:58 AM
As Ajax rushes the winter wolf that remains on its feet, Anastasia burns the worg she targets to a smoking husk. The other gladiators feel the flow of the combat pushing them inexorably to victory, and compete to land the final blow. Haerdi deftly throws a knife to strike a vital spot of the massive creature, but it while it buckles it does not fall until it, too, is crushed beneath the mighty hammer of Jennifer the Savage.

"Looks like that's it for the mighty wolf pack! The chips fall where they may in the arena, and it seems they fell in our mighty gladiators favor tonight."

The crowd applauds for the conclusion of the bout, but the gladiators can tell their hearts are not in it. Perhaps because the gladiators tripped over each other somewhat in the fight, or maybe simply because it ended so decisively, without any real threat to the gladiators themselves.

"But if this was not enough to excite you, worry not. Consider it merely an appetizer for tomorrow, when we have a delegation of warriors from the Temple of the Spirit Dragon who are coming to test their mettle against the finest warriors this land has to offer. Who will fall? Who will emerge victorious? There's only one way to find out, and only one time to see it happen. And that is to come out again tomorrow!

With that, the Master of Ceremonies descends from his podium back down to the gladiator's waiting room.

redfeline
2020-12-09, 02:42 PM
Jennifer shrinks down in front of the audience and waits holding her hammer in one hand. She waits until Silvermoon walks by when she does so she gives Silvermoon a shove. You pissed off the crowd, you wimp!

Bansheexero
2020-12-09, 05:41 PM
"Whatever you say, Girl-Crush. I took out two and did it with panache. I gave the crowd a show rather than just lumbering around blasting and swinging brutishly. People come for a show, and I give it to.them, with both style and substance. I hit my targets without collateral damage rather than just randomly fire off magic, hoping to catch a target in an explosion's range."

Binks
2020-12-09, 08:47 PM
"Aww...the puppies are all tuckered out." Anastasia says sadly. Glancing up at the crowd she frowns briefly at the crowd's lackluster response, before shrugging.

Noting the little argument going on between some of her fellow gladiators she giggles, pumps a fist in the air, and throws some fuel on the fire with a brief chant of "Fight! Fight! Fight!" before dissolving into laughter as she turns and skips, cartwheels, and generally makes a spectacle of her return to the waiting area.

redfeline
2020-12-10, 01:58 AM
The pair of ladies argue until they are safely in the gladiator's waiting room. Once inside she looks at Silvermoon. She punches her lightly in the chest "See you later friend." She flips her off and storms to a distant corner of the waiting room.

Kaouse
2020-12-10, 06:52 PM
Ajax stares silently at his fist as the last light leaves the winter wolves eyes.

He feels a tremble, a sensation...and then nothing.

For a second, something about punching that rough fur pelt had stirred in the shadows of his recollection. But just as soon as the feeling came, it was already gone.

"Not Enough..." Ajax mumbles. "Still not enough...I need...more."

With that, Ajax turns on his feet, and walks back to the gladiator holding pen, silent.

Hellpyre
2020-12-11, 04:00 PM
I've been trying to figure out a decent way to introduce his name without breaking the flow, but the name of the Master of Ceremonies is Notus. I'm going to use them interchangably because his actual name is shorter to type, and feels less stilted writing it out.

Walking down into the waiting area, Notus is rubbing his sholder and cracking his neck.

"Sorry about the lack of a decent fight today. I know the crowd turned on you a bit by the end, but I blame the lack of any sense of spectacle on the wolves' part. Bloody amateurs."

He chuckles grimly to himself a bit at that, then assumes a more formal and controlled tone:

"You are all here because you have the skills, the panache, and the desire to truly bring the crowds on your side. So for the sake of all the gods, high and low, don't go bumbling into each other's way

He shoots a quick glance at Silvermoon and Jennifer

"And if you have a problem to settle, you know how I feel about trying to bring it into a group bout. If you want to light each other on fire, do it for a crowd that's come to see that."

He motions for the gladiators to sit if they so desire. After everyone has, he squats down on the floor of the waiting room, with a sly grin.

"Now tomorrow, that will be a fight to show your stuff! We've got the temple monks coming in, and I have it on good authority that they're bringing their 'dragon spirit' along for the ride. I don't want to spoil you too bad, but you can trust the name to be accurate. They'll bring fire and scales, and if they have the old man riding along you can bet they'll all know how to make the crowd cheer."

The Master of Ceremonies claps his hands once, then stands up to head out.

Bansheexero
2020-12-15, 07:59 AM
Silvermoon sneaks a wink at Jennifer, and prepares to turn in. She plans to prepare for the next days activities, but needs to mend a bit.

She is capable of indirectly healing herself through her Healing Aegis talent, so she should be easily able to restore her HP back to full

Hellpyre
2020-12-21, 10:27 PM
The gladiators sleep and dress their wounds, taking their well-earned pay and spending it as it pleases them. The rest of the day passes in myriad pastimes - haggling for goods, training and sparring, and even such entertainments as light reading occupy some of the gladiators. But time does pass.

The next day, the appointed time for the match approaches. The gladiators gather once more in the waiting room as Notus begins to explain the fight before them:

"Now remember, this isn't a place for killing people. You don't want to die, I'm certain, and neither do the fine folk we bring in for a good spectacle. If someone goes down, leave them there. If you're too close to the edge, feel free to signal me and I'll see to it that you're pulled out alive. I went over the whole deal with the monks before you all, and they know the score as well."

He smiles as he motions for you to come in closer and gives a conspiratorial wink as he says

"Now, I may have put a bet on you to trounce the other side, but that doesn't leave this room. Get ready and head out there with your heads held high. Give that crowd a show they can tell their grandkids about. And for the sake of all the gods, don't let them corral you together. I promised I wouldn't spoil the surprise for them, but there's more going on there then you'll see. All I'm willing to say is that there's a fifth fighter on their side that you won't see. Watch out for that."

With that, he waves to the gladiators to ascend and take their places in the arena above, then departs.

As you ascend to the level of the arena, you're greeted by the sight of 4 monks in flowing robes, heads shaved and bodies toned. One, an old man covered in scars, stands in front of the others, holding a large shield and no visible weapon. He spins the shield on his arm idly, revealing that it hangs from a complicated series of straps and loops rather than being held fast to his arm. Behind him stands an unlikely pair - A man standing nearly 6 and a half feet tall, who has an unusually lithe physique and a pair of intricately designed bracers adorning his arms; and a short woman, bulky with musculature and tapping her foot with impatience, who seems to be ever so slightly uncomfortable in her own skin. Finally, standing at the back just next to the exit from which they entered their side of the arena, there is a thin man with deep-set eyes and a tattooed white dragon which encircles his torso, ending in a depiction of a dragon with open jaws on the side of his face. When he sees the gladiators begin to file into the arena, he he cracks his neck, then suddenly unleashes a massive gout of blue-white flame into the air, filling the space for what looks to be a few hundred feet as the fan of flame emerges and spreads.

Feel free to do entrances if you'd like, and roll for initiative at the end of your post. Some of the other monks will have a bit of showboating to do as well, but I'll fold that in after everyone has reappeared. Sorry about the delay - COVID has been making a mess of work and I've been coming home too tired to put together the post even though I put together the enemy a while ago.

A[roll0]
B[roll1]
C[roll2]
D[roll3]
S[roll4]

Huh. I didn't realize until here that I had them filed with descriptions starting with A, B, C, and D. Convenient.

Binks
2020-12-22, 10:34 AM
Anastasia rushes to enter the ring as soon as the Master of Ceremonies finishes his speech. Pausing for a moment at the entrance she schools her expression, slightly adjusts her outfit, and steeples her hands. Calmly walking forward with a flat expression on her face she ignores the fire show in favor of doing her best to look calm and meditative. Whether it's to mess with her opponents or troll anyone who say yesterday's show, who knows, but she makes a good effort at looking like a calm and quiet fighter prepared for battle.

I have my Armored Magic (shield) up since it lasts hours/lvl. I'm putting Steady Skill on Escape Artist. Forgot to declare what it was on last fight so declaring it now. That one lasts all day but takes 10m to prep in the morning.

Adaptations are back to full, SP at 9/10

Bansheexero
2020-12-24, 11:25 AM
Silvermoon enters the arena at a slow run, quickly switching to a bunch of acrobatic flips, handsprings, and cartwheels, much like a gymnast's floor routine. She finishes off with a breakdancing flourish, spinning on a headstand, pushing herself up like a corkscrew and spreading her fans out as she lands in a standing pose.

Silvermoon has 5 Aegi up: Deflection along with Energy Resistance (Acid, Cold, Electricity, and Fire). The resistance value is 14.

Initiative is 18 (rolled in OoC thread, since I forgot to do it here when I posted).

thethird
2020-12-25, 06:40 AM
Oda goes into the Arena, he is sporting a new cloak, made of soft winter wolf pelt, with the wolfs jaw atop his head like a barbarian from the north. Ice and cold seems to emanate from the pelt encasing him. Resting above his shoulder he carries a musket, like the one he used in the last combat.

Rolling to identify what we are against (I am assuming knowledge local works) [roll0]
Rolling initiative [roll1]
Active buffs (Temperance; Greater Enhance Equipment on the dragoon musket, with a spellpoint spent; Deep Energy enhancement (cold) on the dragoon musket, with a spellpoint spent; Legacy weapon on the musket, to apply bane (human) and reliable on the dragoon musket)

redfeline
2020-12-26, 12:59 AM
Jennifer steps into the arena, she is wearing her usual revealing "loin cloth and wrap" and has warpaint on her body. She comes out, hammer in hand looks at the combatants and her body begins to contort and shift growing lager, curving in inhuman ways, and shifting to a purple color. Before long she is a large purple drake and roars defiantly at the monks. A small crystal that was flying behind her flys into the dragons body and suddenly the dragon is covered in iron bradding, covering her thick scales.

She has shifted into the form of a dragon, she has an acid cone attack with enhancements to breath weapon size and gaining large size. Spent a spell point, so it should last 1 hour (Sorry I need to look up stats later.) Crystal became armor, as normal.

[roll0]

OzzyKP
2020-12-30, 08:46 PM
Initiative - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

Haerdi enters the arena with panache, cartwheeling end over end for a good 20 feet before ending in a front flip, planting his both legs firmly down on the arena floor. Then he pulls out a set of knives and once again puts on a quick juggling show for the crowd. He catches some behind his back, others he throws from between his legs. Several of the blades come dangerously close to his face and, clown that he is, he makes an exaggerated leap away from his daggers as if running for his life. After they clatter to the ground he cartwheels over the knives, picking them up as he passes over them and finishes his routine by throwing them up 20 ft above his head and catching each one behind his back. He takes a bow so low he trips over himself, but comes up with a somersault putting his hands in the sky to accept whatever cheers the crowd was willing to give him.

I am accustomed to documenting every roll, modifier, action, resource, etc in my posts. Both for my own sanity to remain organized and for the benefit of the GM keeping me honest. I am aware that this game may involve PVP so I'd rather not give away all my secrets to my potential enemies. So, please don't read. Thanks!

AC: 22 (10 base, +5 armor, +3 DEX, +1 natural armor, +2 shield)

=== Actions ===

=== Ongoing Effects ===

=== Daily Use Things ===

Spell Points: 10/10 remaining
Corset of Delicate Moves: 1/1 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Cleromancy
Surmount Affliction

Kaouse
2021-01-05, 02:26 AM
Ajax steps back onto the stage. The air is fresh. The crowds cheers are deafening. It was...addicting. On the stage, things like your name, or your family or your past - all of it loses all meaning. On the stage, there is but a single notion. On stage, there is only victory... or defeat.

As Ajax steps on the stage, he smirks, and bellows out a roar, before getting into an appropriate fighting stance.

Move Action: Move onto the stage.
Swift Action: Enter into "Giant Physique" stance, expend martial focus.
Standard Action: Total Defense, recover martial focus.

Hellpyre
2021-01-05, 02:45 PM
The old man at the forefront of the group snorts audibly at the entrances of the more acrobatic gladiators, then yells across the arena floor "It's nice to see they brought us a fight with a bit of spunk, but you'll have to do better than that to impress an old hand like me." He throws out is arm in a sweeping motion, and the shield he carries on it detaches, ricocheting wildly around the arena. He leisurely raises his arm and the shield returns just as his hand extends to his full reach. "Now, let's have some fun, then."[color]

Notis signals for the combat to begin, and all of the monks and gladiators begin to act. The first to move, bursting forwards like a coiled spring, is the small woman. She dashes across the sands and then abruptly stops, centering herself and giving off a clear indication that she is ready to strike anyone who comes close to her. She calls out mockingly to Jennifer [COLOR="#DDA0DD"]"Come on lass, is that the best dragon impression you can manage? Why not come closer, so I can show you what a real dragon looks like.

The other to move quickly is the large man, who stalks forward with a grace that belies his size. A calm born of fierce concentration descends on him, and he gestures silently for his enemies to try and attack him. He seems very confident in his ability to deal with the gladiators.

It's a shame it took so long to get onto this second fight, but between the holidays and the state of the world, it isn't too surprising. At least we are here now. Oda, Silvermoon, then Ajax have initiative before any more of the enemies move. Good luck - this should be a more dangerous encounter than the last one by a fairly large margin.

Kaouse
2021-01-05, 05:37 PM
Ajax takes a second to analyze his opponents, their positions, their strengths. His eyes are instantly drawn towards the armored and shielded target already at the center of the stage. At a glance, Ajax can already tell that the man is an experienced combatant. But right before diving in towards the opponent head first, he catches a glimpse of a person far off in the distance. This person is unarmored, but unlike the monks in the area, seems rather lackadaisical in fighting stance.

Ajax stares blankly for a moment, as if trying to recall, but the answer quickly comes to mind. "Ugh, a caster," he thought out loud. "Probably best to deal with him first, then I can have my glorious martial arts combat with a more worthy opponent," he states to himself. Almost as if he had said those very words before...but, no matter. It was time for a fight!

With that, Ajax kicks off with the ball of his feet and dashes to a nearby pillar. With a clear line of fire against the hapless caster, he draws back his fist. Light begins to gather in his fist, growing brighter and brighter. Too bright. Impossibly bright, even. With a roar, he slams his fist forward as a ball of light races towards the caster!

Move Action: Move 30 ft to just north of the south east pillar.
Swift Action: Exit Giant Physique Stance, Enter Versatile Fighter [Offensive Style] Stance
Standard Action: Expend 3 stamina points to initiate the Blinding Ray Strike Maneuver (target is just barely in the second range increment, so -2)

Ranged Attack w/ Hand Cannon: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Penalties from range increment (-2) and Deadly Aim (-2) already included. If the attack hit, then the target is blinded for [roll2] rounds, no save.

Hellpyre
2021-01-05, 08:22 PM
The lanky man in the back suprises Ajax by standing in place and moving only slightly backwards, allowing the shot to go wide. The crowd can see the heat of the attack gently stir the man's robes, but he is unharmed.

Bansheexero
2021-01-06, 01:26 AM
Silvermoon begins to saunter forward with a slightly different cadence than her last match, a deeper and more bounding stride. She sees the large man step forward and determines he makes a fine target. Her bouncing movements belie an off-pace suddenness to them. With her fans in hand, she strikes, lunging much more linearly and deeply than she had prior, seeking to leech some of the lifeblood out of her opponent.

Starting with a Cryptic Strike on the big guy this time, spending 2 spell points and using Curse (Ghost Strike) to inflict -3 to all attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks, with a Will DC of 17. As long as the attack hits, regardless of whether the Curse takes effect, I am imbuing the sequence with the Death Sphere rather than Dark. It adds half my level as negative energy damage to my attacks, which I gain as temporary HP that can stack up to twice my level. This won't take affect until after my sequence starts, so I would gain no additional benefit from using dual attack for it when I open. Also, if the attack hits, the big guy takes 2 bleed damage.

Attack roll [roll0]
Crit? (x3) [roll1]
Damage [roll2] piercing and 2 bleed
If crit, add [roll3] piercing damage

As she connects, Silvermoon looks up with a smile. "Darkness may be fluid and flow freely, but death is sudden and can strike without warning."

Hellpyre
2021-01-06, 05:15 PM
The silent man tries to strike Silvermoon and intercept her blow, but his fist is too slow to catch her as she darts in. A surge on magic envelops the hapless combatant, and it seems that his strength is sapping away before the eyes of the crowd. His blood flashes in the sun overhanging the arena, to the cheers of the crowd.

As Silvermoon moves to strike, the silent man strikes in with an attempt at a decisive attack on the hand carrying her fan.

[roll0] versus AC 23 (The +1 to deflection bonus is your Deflect Aegis being factored in, right? Let me know if you have an additional +1 on top of that in case it matters here)
[roll1] crit confirmation
[roll2] damage
[roll3] crit damage

Regardless of the results, he will be hit and have to make his
[roll4]

Silvermoon makes first blood, and so she can make a performance check as a free action. The DC at the moment is 10 (Indifferent) + 4 (Massive crowd) + 4 (Medium Battle) +2 (Outnumbers the other side by less than 2:1) for a total DC of 20. Feel free to make the check here or in the OoC thread if you want to take it.

Silvermoon also notices that her fans do not penetrate as deeply as she would have expected from how solidly the blow landed

Bansheexero
2021-01-06, 10:20 PM
Retracting her fan, Silvermoon simultaneously claps her hands and stomps her foot twice, as if keeping beat to a samba.

Performance Combat roll [roll0]

thethird
2021-01-07, 08:51 AM
Oda hears Ajax and he can't but agree, to quote Lord Nefarius, kills the ones in the dress first. He advances till he is just within range, even if he is too close for his own taste to the enemies. Fortunately he will have time to get out of there, or at least time to get someone else in between.

As he fires an icy flower blooms around the caster.

Shooting at the caster ('it's a touch attack)

[roll0] (in case of 1 (reroll) or 20 (crit confirm) [roll1])
Damage [roll2]+[roll3]+[roll4]+8 = 31 Damage

The caster needs to make two reflex saves (DC 17) one to not be entangled with ice, the other to not be stabbed with ice like caltrops

OzzyKP
2021-01-07, 10:09 AM
Round 1 - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

As their opponents move forward, Haerdi goes into his battle routine of saying a short prayer to himself, made a few gestures and braced himself for battle. He then downed a small glass vial and, like last time, shrunk down to a miniture version of himself. Finally, he took a step forward.

I am accustomed to documenting every roll, modifier, action, resource, etc in my posts. Both for my own sanity to remain organized and for the benefit of the GM keeping me honest. I am aware that this game may involve PVP so I'd rather not give away all my secrets to my potential enemies. So, please don't read. Thanks!

AC: 22 (10 base, +5 armor, +3 DEX, +1 natural armor, +2 shield)

=== Actions ===

Swift: Use Fervor to cast Eagle's Splendor
Move: Use Corset of Delicate Moves to gain another Swift action
Swift: Begin Startoss Style
Standard: Drink reduce person potion
Free: 5 ft step

=== Ongoing Effects ===
Startoss Style
Eagle of Splendor (+2 Charisma): 60 rounds remaining
Reduce Person (+2 DEX, -2 STR, +1 attack, +1 AC): 10 rounds remaining

=== Daily Use Things ===

Spell Points: 9/10 remaining
Blessings: 6/6 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Cleromancy
Surmount Affliction

Hellpyre
2021-01-07, 03:20 PM
Flat-footed vs. a touch attack is a hell of a thing :smallbiggrin:
Luckily for him, the caster is especially good at Reflex saves

[roll0] versus entangling effect
[roll1] versus caltrops effect
[roll2] to reroll with the Replenish rally if needed whoops, I forgot he can't take immediate actions (since he is flat-footed). He would have expended martial focus to avoid being entangled without that as backup, but I'll move that roll down and have him take the caltrop effect

I'm going to take a peek at how this played out before I roll up the action sequence, since a failure has some strong implication for strategy here. Either way, Oda has the option of a swift action performance combat check 15 (Unfriendly)+2 (Outnumber the other side less than 2:1) +4 (Massive Crowd) +4 (9-16 combatants) for a total DC of:

DC 25 to improve the crowd's attitude back to Indifferent, if you want to try that option

Hellpyre
2021-01-07, 04:49 PM
The lanky man in back is too busy smirking at Ajax to properly dodge the bullet Oda aims at him, but for a moment his eyes blaze with a silvery-blue light and he rolls with the impact, throwing himself out of the icy trap before it can close on him, though he is clearly injured. He rushes forwards with an unnatural flame gathering at his feet as he runs, ending just short of the two who have moved forwards, and raises an silver orb in front of his mouth. He exhales a massive stream of flame, washing over all of the gladiators but Ajax. He then seems to fade backwards a few feet, moving without seeming to do more than skip back. The fire seem to sear at the gladiator's spirits as well as their physical bodies, attempting to draw away their energy and slow them down.

Damage [roll0], half nonlethal force damage, half lethal fire damage
Mana Siphon: [roll1] spell points lost if you failed both the Reflex and Fortitude saves.

Reflex for half [roll2] vs DC 23
Fortitude to avoid Mana Siphon if Reflex failed [roll3] vs DC 23
Will save to avoid Slow [roll4] vs DC 19

Reflex for half [roll5] vs DC 23
Fortitude to avoid Mana Siphon if Reflex failed [roll6] vs DC 23

Reflex for half [roll7] vs DC 23
Fortitude to avoid Mana Siphon if Reflex failed [roll8] vs DC 23
Will save to avoid Slow [roll9] vs DC 19

Reflex for half [roll10] vs DC 23
Fortitude to avoid Mana Siphon if Reflex failed [roll11] vs DC 23

Reflex for half [roll12] vs DC 23
Fortitude to avoid Mana Siphon if Reflex failed [roll13] vs DC 23
Will save to avoid Slow [roll14] vs DC 19

For those who failed the Will save to avoid slow (Only the closest few were targeted with that effect)

Until the caster's next turn, you are staggered and have halved move speed, along with a -1 to AC, attack rolls, and Reflex saves.

After his fire is spent and the man retreats, the woman who moved earlier seems to briefly shift into a new stance, with none of the barely-restrained anger that was part of her countenance before. She claps her hands together and intones in a voice that is not her own "A true dragon is more majestic, youngling." As she says this, her body begins to flow into a larger shape, resolving into a massive (read: Huge size) dragon adorned in translucent silvery scales, complete with spreading wings. She beats her mighty wings, lifting herself just above the sands of the arena and stirring those same sands into a cloud of fine particles that serves to blind the fighters as well as the crowd.

The winds generated can snuff torches, small campfires, exposed lanterns, and other small, open flames of non-magical origin. Clear vision within the cloud is limited to 10 feet. Creatures have concealment at 15 feet to 20 feet (20% miss chance). At 25 feet or more, creatures have total concealment (50% miss chance, and opponents cannot use sight to locate the creature).

The caster makes a performance combat check as a swift action for dealing damage with an energy effect
[roll15] against DC 18

The monk-become-dragon's going to make a performance combat check to avoid pissing off the crowd for this, which can only lower the crowd's attitude.
[roll16] against DC 23, unless the other check didn't shift the crowd either direction.

Crowd attitude goes up, crowd attitude goes down. Such is life.

Nobody is down, but some of you are pretty close to unconscious from the non-lethal.

Binks
2021-01-08, 06:48 PM
Anastasia, barely conscious after the attack, fumbles around a bit, seeming to do nothing of importance to the crowd or enemies.

Well. I'm at effective 4 (24/43hp with 20 nonlethal marked). Neat.
Standard: Adaptation for 2 talents that last 1m. I'm grabbing:
Shield - Blockade (expend focus as immediate when area attacked to gain evasion and add shield bonus to save, allies in a 20ft cone behind me gain the same benefit)
Destruction - Stone Blast (change destructive blast damage type to S, P or B, ignores effects that trigger on spells and are not counted as magical)

Move: Taking 2 steps back to gain Moving Target bonus

Swift: Nothing

Wish I could do something to actually start my sequence, but attacking seems foolish when I go down on the next area attack.

HP: 24/43 (20 nonlethal)
SP: 6/10
Sequence: None
Adaptation: 5/6

AC: 15 (18 for the first 4 attacks with Shield)
Miss Chance: 20%
If targeted by an area attack I am burning my martial focus as an immediate to use Blockade and gain +3 reflex and evasion

redfeline
2021-01-08, 09:30 PM
After the explosive energy and the shape shift into frankly a better dragon, Jennifer briefly had a moment of inferiority complex. She wanted to shout spread out but could not. Instead she darted to the side as fast as she could in her armor. She then lets her rage focus her iron will not to collapse aims and lets loose a massive blast of acid from her purple dragon mouth. She could not see the dragon but was confident they were at least in part of her cone that should hit all her foes except the muscly guy and avoid all her allies. Most of the acid hits harmlessly on the barrier of the arena, in what almost resembles fireworks of yellow arcane energy consuming pools of liquid green. To Jennifer the acrid taste in her mouth was similar to the flavor of vommit, just adding to her personal displeasure. Hopefully the "unseen one" is some where on that corner of the arena.

[roll0] rounds until next breath
[roll1] acid damage save dc is 16 ref for half. I am aiming directly to the north, the area effect should hit part of avatar after missing ajax, before going all the way to the end of the arena.
free action berserk.

Hellpyre
2021-01-11, 01:07 PM
As Jennifer finishes her exhalation, she sees a soft glow and hears a chime signifying that someone has been removed from the arena for incapacitation. A moment later, the old man calls out from inside the sandstorm "You're doing us more harm than good, Nessa - the lad just caught a face full of acid. I'm in position already, bring it down." Silvermoon sees the man that she has attacked move cautiously around her, still bleeding from the previous wound, before he drops and attempts to sweep her legs from beneath her, the bracers he wears lighting up briefly as he does so.

[roll0] vs Silvermoon's 22 CMD to trip

On a success, he makes two attacks

[roll1] to hit
[roll2] for damage

[roll3] crit confirmation
[roll4] for crit damage

[roll5] to hit
[roll6] for damage

[roll7] crit confirmation
[roll8] for crit damage

Silvermoon falls to the ground, and the man attempts to kick and stomp at her when she does, but it unable to connect as Silvermoon uses her dance training to control herself in the fall. He then returns to his full height and visibly pulls his fists in, his eyes flicking back and forth as he scans for threats. Silvermoon observes that he has an almost manic heat to his gaze.

At the same time, the giant dragon lands in front of Ajax, the brief serenity vanishing as the creature leers contemptuously at Ajax before biting at him viciously and seeking to tear into his flesh.

[roll9] to hit
[roll10] crit confirmation
[roll11] for damage
[roll12] crit damage

The sandstorm subsides as she lands, and it becomes clear that the lanky fire-breather in the back was overwhelmed by Jennifer's breath attack, while the others in the way were hurt, though not as badly. The old man has advanced to be closer to the two allies still standing, and he holds his shield at the ready, his eyes set gazing into the middle distance.

Bansheexero
2021-01-11, 10:41 PM
Silvermoon stands up from the blow, hoping to avoid a reprisal from the brute. She focuses to maintain her cadence. As she does so, she jabs in quickly with her two fans, hoping to poke a bit more at her bulky assailant.

Stands up from prone as a move action, expends martial focus as a free action to add a link to her sequence.

Double attack with fans (-1 from Unfriendly Crowd, +1 from Sequence):

Attack #1 [roll0]
Crit? (x3) [roll1]
Damage [roll2] piercing damage and 3 negative energy damage
If crit add [roll3] piercing damage

Attack #2 [roll4]
Crit? (x3) [roll5]
Damage [roll6] piercing damage and 3 negative energy damage
If crit add [roll7] piercing damage

Gain temporary HP equal to the amount of negative energy damage

thethird
2021-01-12, 08:11 AM
As the sand settles Oda looks miffed, the layer of ice is reforming but it no longer it's a clean and sparkling white, it now is mud. Damn dragon man doing stupid stuff. He looks around and sees the caster that had thrown a ball at them down on the ground, and for a moment he feels some relieve. Another of those energy balls would be a pain in the ass to deal with. He looks at his allies, and sees Jennifer who looks to have been beaten up pretty bad. He looks as the dragon, that stupid dragon, jumps to strike at Ajax. And as he does a wall of golden Akasha spuns around Ajax in the shapes of dragon-y scales blunting some of the blow.

Then Oda moves.

Well first he takes a shot. He lines the big scary dragon on his sight. And fires at him. He is no longer saving his power for a rainy day and then there is a lot more oomph in it than there was before. It again tries to encase the dragon in Ice, pinning it in place, since it was nice enough to land.

Then he moves, to take cover, not wanting really scary dragons to retaliate.

Before Oda's turn using Bolster (https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.com/wiki/Bolster) to give Ajax 5 DR. It should blunt the blow a little.

During his turn shoot at the big scary lizard man, spending a spell point to increase the damage of the blast.

[roll0] (rerolling in case of 1 or 20; [roll1] (crap, that's a 12, I didn't account that I am shooting at melee, it's fortunately a touch attack against a huge opponent)
damage: [roll2]+[roll3](human bane, don't know if that applies)+[roll4]+[roll5](this is cold damage if it matters) + 10 = 48 damage, burning a mental focus point, to have it bypass DR

OzzyKP
2021-01-12, 02:18 PM
Round 2 - Haerdi the Knife Thrower

The nimble Haerdi is able to dance out of the way of the worst of that blast, but still is quite singed by those flames. Instead of running away, the clown steps forward toward his enemies and speaks a shout of warning to his enemies. Mixed in with his bellow are the clear words of a spell calling down doom upon his enemies. The quick moving gladiator says a quiet prayer to his god and then hurls his dagger at the huge dragon. He puts an uncanny spin on the blade and it bounces between targets before ending up back in his hand.

HP: 32 (42 base, -10 fireR1) 10 nonlethal damage
AC: 23 (10 base, +5 armor, +4 DEX, +1 natural armor, +1 size, +2 shield)

=== Actions ===

Free: Prowess (since I succeeded on a save): Roll twice and take best for next attack roll
Swift: Use fervor to cast Divine Favor
Free: 5 ft step
Move: Use/cast Totem Of Doom to make Avatar & Bruiser shaken (no save). If they are already shaken, they are instead frightened. I spend 1 spell point to make it last 3 minutes.
Standard: Attack Avatar (can roll twice, take the best)
Attack roll #1 vs. Avatar: [roll0] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
Attack roll #2 vs. Avatar: [roll1] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll2] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

If that hits, then my dagger flies to attack the Defender:
Attack roll vs. Defender: [roll3] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll4] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

If that hits, then my dagger flies to attack the Bruiser (no cover, since it comes the Defender's square):
Attack roll vs. Defender: [roll5] (4 BAB, +6 CHA, +1 size, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +1 weapon focus, -1 unfriendly crowd)
----Damage (dagger): [roll6] (1d8 base, +6 CHA, +2 divine favor, +1 fate's favored, +1 enhancement, +6 startoss)

I don't have any swift actions left, but if I have an opportunity to make a free combat performance check, here you go: [roll7] (6 CHA, +1 BAB, +2 perform, -1 unfriendly crowd)

=== Ongoing Effects ===
Startoss Style
Eagle of Splendor (+2 Charisma): 59 rounds remaining
Divine Favor (+2 luck attack/damage): 10 rounds remaining

=== Daily Use Things ===

Spell Points: 7/10 remaining
Blessings: 6/6 remaining

=== Prepared Spells ===

---- 1st level ----
Entropic Shield
Remove Sickness
Remove Fear
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

---- 2nd level ----
Weapon of Awe
Eagle's Splendor
Cleromancy
Surmount Affliction

Kaouse
2021-01-18, 01:39 AM
Ajax growls furiously at his gigantic opponent. As he is bitten, he tenses his muscles and blocks with both of his arms, aiming to reduce the lethality of the damage. With the timely aid of an ally, he's able to avoid serious injury.

Ajax took 23 points of damage (seemingly wasn't a crit, by the strikeout line, I'm assuming). 18 points of that hit goes into his delayed damage pool, which becomes non-lethal at the end of his turn. This leaves 5 damage remaining. Luckily, the use of Bolster gives Ajax DR 5/-, meaning he takes no lethal damage from this attack.

Ajax briefly considers attempting to dispel whatever trickery allowed this woman to turn into a dragon, but he thinks better of it after hearing her words. No, there's a very real chance that she's a REAL dragon, and all she did was return to her original form. No point wasting time on something that might not fully work, then.

Instead, he'd probably be better served trying to aid his allies. While he was lucky to have sustained relatively minimal damage, it was clear that the others weren't nearly as lucky.

Of course, he'd have to first deal with the giant dragon in front of him.

With a herculean effort, Ajax wrenches his arms from the dragon's jaw and lets loose a flurry of attacks!

Standard Action: Suppressive Rush
Attack 1: [roll0] vs touch
Damage 1: [roll1] half, for 3 damage

Attack 2: [roll2] vs touch
Damage 2: [roll3] half, for 3 damage

Attack 3: [roll4] vs touch
Damage 3: [roll5] half, for 3 damage

Enemy can choose to automatically avoid/deflect every attack, but if they do so, they take a -4 penalty to attack and damage rolls until they total defense, or aren't attacked for 1 full round.

If enemy took damage:
Swift Action: Tear Flesh (Creature takes 2 bleed and loses 2 points of natural armor as long as they are bleeding)

Otherwise:
Swift Action: Giant Physique Stance (+2 effective size categories for purpose of combat maneuvers)

After his flurry of blows meant to destabilize the enemy's footing, Ajax will then barrel through as many of his opponents as he can, wheeling around the battlefield to come to Silvermoon's aid.

Move Action: Strength Rune's Movement's Ability, henceforth dubbed, "Ceaser's Charge" (allows Ajax to bull rush and/or overrun enemies without provoking)
CMB check 1: [roll6] (+2 if in Giant Physique stance) vs Dragon Lady
CMB check 2: [roll7] (+2 if in Giant Physique stance) vs Defender guy

If both Overrun attempts are successful, they'll be knocked prone, and Ajax will end his turn North of Bruiser. Otherwise, he'll have to go around these guys and end up Northeast of Bruiser.