PDA

View Full Version : Causes for The Mourning?

suplee215
2020-11-20, 05:38 PM
I am just curious what other people came up with in their Eberron campaign. I am dming for the first time in this world and I finally decided on House Cannith was doing experiments to create more sentient versions of Living Spells using the same souls they use for warforged. A warforged who was upset about being used as deposable soldiers decided to free the most dangerous one, a living Wish spell. The warforged made a wish to end of the war, and so The Mourning. what are some things you have seen or made for this?

Harlequin42
2020-11-20, 06:00 PM
I think this is a really cool idea. The only thing I would change is that the warforged who made that unwise wish? Goes on to become the Lord of Blades.

Millstone85
2020-11-20, 06:23 PM
So there is apparently this gnome artificer Vi who travelled from Eberron to Sigil.

What if she was once part of a research team at a planar observatory in Cyre, where they opened the first portal to the "Outer Astral"? After she stepped through and travelled some distance, she saw the portal explode in a geyser of souls, freshly ripped from Dolurrh by the collective attraction of the Outer Planes. On her side, the deflagration was a psychic wind that hurled her away. On the other side, it was a storm of magical energies and planar frictions that became known as the Mourning.

suplee215
2020-11-20, 06:47 PM
I think this is a really cool idea. The only thing I would change is that the warforged who made that unwise wish? Goes on to become the Lord of Blades.

I got a complicated story for the Lord of Blades. THere are multiple Lords of Blades, it was a model of a new type of warforged and a powerful one. there are 7 in total and House Cannith denies making their existence. This specific Lord of Blade is actually a pacifist horrified at what she has done and creating a sanctuary for Warforged who wish to leave society there.