PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Recycling an old character for any possible future games: Lewys Harley

MonkeySage
2020-11-20, 10:28 PM
Lewys Harley is a human born illegitimately to a wealthy family, lesser nobility in fact. As a child, he was unloved by both his father, and his father's wife- his younger brother receiving all the love and attention in their family. Lewys made regular visits to the temple, speaking to the priest, praying. Unfortunately for him, the local priest of Sarenrae was hopelessly corrupt, refusing to acknowledge the emotional and occasionally physical abuse from his father.

One summer day, Lewys paid a visit to the local pub, and was surprised when the bartender overlooked his youth, providing him drink and even listening to Lewys's woes. This man that Lewys had only just met was paying more attention to him than his own father ever did, and when Lewys finished speaking, the bartender spoke. "Perhaps I can help." he said. Lewys was sure for a moment that he saw the bartender's eyes glow yellow, but at first played it off as a trick of the light- he was certainly feeling the effects of that alcohol. The bartender offered Lewys power, the kind of power he could eventually use to destroy his father, and only asked for one thing in return. That night, a raven came through the open window in his bedroom and spoke to him, and his lessons began. Lewys was a fast learner, and was able to use the spells the raven taught him to slowly destroy his father, taking everything from him.

Years later, at age 20, Lewys has put his past behind him, and hopes to build his own power, politically, economically, and magically speaking. Lewys is a Lawful Evil Witch, who worships Asmodeus. It's possible he could be played as lawful neutral, but what he did to his father was pretty ruthless.

denthor
2020-11-27, 07:44 AM
I tried this. I could not do it. Dynamic with other players was different. Wording from DM game world forced different character within the game. The decisions all came out differently even with a background that was fully developed.

MonkeySage
2020-11-27, 03:59 PM
What actually happened? What kind of character was it?