PDA

View Full Version : ICewind Dale

PartyOfRogues
2020-11-20, 10:54 PM
Icewind Dale has become trapped in a perpetual winter. Ferocious blizzards make the mountain pass through the Spine of the World exceedingly treacherous, and this land has not felt the warmth of the sun in over two years. In fact, the sun no longer appears above the mountains, not even in what should be the height of summer. In this frozen tundra, darkness and bitter cold reign as king and queen. Most dale residents blame April the Frostmaiden, the god of winter’s wrath. The shimmering aurora that weaves across the sky each night is said to be her doing — a potent spell that keeps the sun at bay.
Dalefolk live in a scattering of settlements known as Ten-Towns. The drop off in caravans coming from the south and travel between settlements in this never-ending winter has left everyone feeling isolated. Although each town has resolved to appease the Frostmaiden with sacrifices of one kind or another, no respite from winter’s fury seems forthcoming. For adventurers such as yourselves, Ten-Towns is a place to test one’s mettle and, in the spirit of heroes who have come before, leave one’s mark on this blighted land.
You are at the Northlook Tavern in Bryn Shander, the largest of the settlements of Ten-Towns. Today it is abuzz with news about a series of recent killings. The only question on everyone’s minds is whether they’ll be the next victim. Nothing breeds paranoia like a killer with no face.
Three murders have been committed in the past month: a halting trapper in Easthaven, a human shipbuilder in Targos, and, just three days ago, a dwarves glassblower in Bryn Shander. Each round with a dagger of ice through their heart.
The drunken lot in the tavern discusses the murders, throwing out ideas of how they might be connected, but sitting apart from them is an elderly dwarf with a nasty scar across her nose who looks like she has something worth knowing. And she’s been smoking her pipe and eyeing you since you walked in.

gryffydd65
2020-11-21, 01:26 AM
The shy forest gnome drank his spiced hot cider and warmed his hands on the mug. His weasel Nubbins snuggled inside Barque 's leather and cloak. He smiled at the dwarf and quickly ducked his head.

I assume I have already cast this spell

Bobthewizard
2020-11-22, 12:57 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b9/5f/95/b95f951a6b52c6a7133a1c957375e462.jpg
Gorak (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2334025)
Goliath Cleric 1
AC: 18 | HP: 10/10 | HD: 1/1d8
Spell Slots, 1st: 2/2
PP: 21 PInv: 15 PIns: 16
Conditions: none

Gorak sits next to his friend Barque. The goliath towers over the gnome but still respects the little man for his skill with a blade and a quick wit. Gorak notices the dwarf looking at them and points it out to Barque. He gets up, gets a round of beer for all of us and an extra for the dwarf,

"We should talk to dwarf. She looks like knows something. Come with me?"