PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Bard level 10 Magical Secrets: to Greater Steed or not to Greater Steed?

OgataiKhan
2020-11-21, 04:28 AM
I'm playing a Hexblade 1/Lore Bard X in a campaign and I want to plan my Magical Secrets in advance.

At Bard 6 I'm taking Counterspell and Conjure Animals, and the rest of my party is an Eloquence Bard, a Kensei Monk, a Gloom Stalker Ranger, and an Artillerist Artificer.

Normally I'd immediately lock down Find Greater Steed as one of my Bard 10 picks, but the campaign I'm playing is Out of the Abyss so I don't expect flying to be as useful as it would be overground (incidentally, please do not include spoilers for the campaign in the comments).

So, what would you recommend for my Bard 10 picks?

The spells I'm currently considering are:

Find Greater Steed because it lets me use yesterday's slots today.

Telekinesis to restrain bosses through legendary resistances, but my conjured Constrictor Snakes can already do that.

Spiritual Weapon because I won't have good 2nd level spells and it is non-concenctration.

Wall of Force because, well, it's Wall of Force.

But I'm open to alternatives, in fact different ideas is why I'm making this post, so I'll be happy to read your suggestions!

Eldariel
2020-11-21, 05:43 AM
Definitely Greater Steed. It being able to share spells opens up all sorts of great options. The second one is harder: I like Telekinesis or Wall of Force but OTOH you're pretty full on Concentration spells already. Still, one big spell that works on Legendary Res enemies like Telekinesis or WoF is very welcome.

BamBam
2020-11-21, 06:01 AM
Greater Steed is phenomenal. Grab Shapechange and Greater Steed is godly.

OgataiKhan
2020-11-21, 10:41 AM
Greater Steed is phenomenal. Grab Shapechange and Greater Steed is godly.

The campaign ends at level 15, I'll never have access to Shapechange.

BoxANT
2020-11-21, 10:56 AM
a bard flying on a pegasus is something you dont want to miss out on (dont forget feather fall)