PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Star Druid + Fey Touched Feat

Skuxintux
2020-11-22, 03:22 PM
I’m playing a Circle of Star, Wood Elf Druid for an upcoming campaign. The party is starting at 5th level and I’ve decided to take Fey Touched feat, which puts my Wisdom to a 16. I’m still debating on what extra Divination or Enchantment spell to get, I really need advice. I’m leaning towards Hex or Bless, but I’m looking for anything that synergises with my subclass’s abilities.

Silpharon
2020-11-22, 04:16 PM
I would recommend hex, works great with Archer star form! You can flavor it by calling it "bad omen" instead, as if the stars deemed it so.

Mikal
2020-11-22, 04:17 PM
I’m playing a Circle of Star, Wood Elf Druid for an upcoming campaign. The party is starting at 5th level and I’ve decided to take Fey Touched feat, which puts my Wisdom to a 16. I’m still debating on what extra Divination or Enchantment spell to get, I really need advice. I’m leaning towards Hex or Bless, but I’m looking for anything that synergises with my subclass’s abilities.

Touch of alacrity is always nice.
8 hour concentration less buff that adds a bonus to initiative rolls? It’s a beautiful thing.
I use that and a sentinel shield with my 10 dex Paladin and I’m almost always in the running for top of the init order

Silpharon
2020-11-22, 04:19 PM
Touch of alacrity is always nice.
8 hour concentration less buff that adds a bonus to initiative rolls? It’s a beautiful thing.
I use that and a sentinel shield with my 10 dex Paladin and I’m almost always in the running for top of the init order

Do you think that's kosher given it's not an official spell outside of the book with chronurgy? It wasn't reprinted...

Draz74
2020-11-22, 04:31 PM
Do you think that's kosher given it's not an official spell outside of the book with chronurgy? It wasn't reprinted...

I mean, obviously this is a question for their DM.

But it's legal RAW if you're using the EGtW source, which is hazy on the restrictions on its spells anyway. D&D Beyond also allows it, for what that's worth.

Mikal
2020-11-22, 05:11 PM

It’s an official book so... yes?

ftafp
2020-11-22, 08:05 PM

Dissonant Whispers is probably the best enchantment spell available at level 1 thanks to it triggering AoO

stoutstien
2020-11-22, 08:41 PM
Druids are pretty concentration heavy so second DW as long as you have 1-2 allies to take advantage of the AOO.

Silpharon
2020-11-22, 09:56 PM
Druids are pretty concentration heavy so second DW as long as you have 1-2 allies to take advantage of the AOO.

Yeah that's a good point, call lightning and the like will be much more useful than hex late game. Better to go for something without concentration. You could flavor it "Fall of Icarus" for flying too close to the sun.

RogueJK
2020-11-23, 12:19 PM
Dissonant Whispers gets my vote as well. Both as a solid low-level single-target damage spell, but also as a means to get a baddie that's in your face to go away, while triggering Opportunity Attacks in the process.

I would recommend hex, works great with Archer star form!

It's actually kinda anti-synergistic with Archer. Both Hex and Archer compete for your Bonus Actions. So the Hex+Archer combo couldn't come online until the 2nd round of combat, plus any time you defeat your current Hex target and have to move it to another enemy you can't use Archer than round.

Plus, as a Druid, you have better things to go with your Concentration.