PDA

View Full Version : A Concerto Of Death [IC]

JNAProductions
2020-11-22, 08:15 PM
Inspiration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsER46YtKY&ab_channel=%D0%98%CE%BF%CE%BA%CF%84%D1%86%D1%8F%CE %B7%D0%B0%CE%B9)

https://i.redd.it/esk824zcj7h51.png

You wait in the empty cathedral. You know it's coming. You don't know exactly when-but you remain vigilant.

It's been about an hour. And then, you hear the beginnings of a powerful, haunting refrain. As you start to listen more closely, you see the ethereal form of the Tuba Angel begin to manifest.

You have mere moments before its massive, brass form fills the cathedral's hall.

What will you do?

truemane
2020-11-23, 07:57 AM
Awreen looks worried. It's hard to tell since his face is a big beak, but he has very expressive eyes.

"The monster comes. I will take to the skies, that at the very least we may surround the beast. I am no service at range. I must close with my foes. But I am very hard to hit. And I am very fast."

His great wings unfurl and he lifts from the ground.

"Good luck, my friends! It seems today we must all...
"...face the music."

And he swoops up to the roof of the cathedral, into one of the far corners.

Bunny Commando
2020-11-23, 08:12 AM
Junzen plucks the strings of his gold-engraved kugo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konghou), seemingly bored by the waiting. Then, finally, the angel starts to manifest itself and the tiefling approaches Lukas and touches his shoulder, singing a sweet little song in an unknown language; after that he too takes to the skies, or at least as high as he is capable, trying to find a nice perch where to wait for the battle to start.

"Destiny is calling! We win today, our names will be remembered for all time!"

Ikoma Junzen casts True Seeing on Lukas, then flies upwards

Lord of Gifts
2020-11-23, 03:47 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a9/2d/85/a92d85728700125672e7b4f4e49765b8.jpg
Reykr Ironeye (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2342246)
AC: 20 (22) | HP: 168 | CURRENT: 168 | HIT DIE: 1210; 8d6
Passive Perception: 17 | Passive Insight: 11
Level 1: 4/4 | Level 2: 3/3 | Level 3: 2/3 | Level 4: 3/3 | Level 5: 2/2 | Level 6: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1 | Indomitable: 1/1 | Relentless Endurance: 1/1 | Second Wind: 1/1
Power Surge: 1/5
Active Effects: None.
Conditions: Haste (Concentration).

Reykr stands tall, and grips the haft of his glaive with both hands. He feels fear, like he hasn’t in a long time, but breaths deeply and pushes it to the back of his mind. If they were to die today, it would be a glorious end, so long as they stopped the beast. If they failed, then nobody would outlive them for long. So, here was where they made their stand.

As the music echos through the cathedral, he quits his reverie, and turns his mind to more practical pursuits. Tracing a rune in the air with the tip of his weapon, and muttering ancient words of power, he infuses his form with arcane energies, quickening his limbs to move with blinding speed.

Reykr casts Haste on himself.

Estralita
2020-11-24, 12:01 AM
Lukas stood silently, staring off into the distance. For so long, this tune had followed him. He couldn't think, couldn't sleep, couldn't exist without that sound following him. Taunting him with the loss of everything he loved. Now it was finally time for silence.

Lukas also cast Haste on himself.

JNAProductions
2020-11-24, 12:25 PM
As it manifests fully, you are suddenly overwhelmed by its sound.

It is here! Make a DC 18 Wisdom save.

If you have advantage against being Frightened or Charmed, you have advantage on this save.
If you have immunity to one, you also have advantage.
If you have immunity to both, you don't have to make this save.

truemane
2020-11-24, 08:05 PM
Uttering the great War Squawk of his people. Awreen swoops down on the unsuspecting Tuba Angel. His clawed arms and legs fly in a blur as he strikes out again and again, and then swoops off again.

Attack Action, Extra Attack, 1 Ki for Flurry of Blows (+2 attacks). Disengage (Drunken Master), move 80 feet away.

Attack: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Extra Attack: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]
Flurry 1: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]
Flurry2: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]

JNAProductions
2020-11-24, 08:14 PM
Three of the bird's four attacks strike true, but leave no real impact on the brass body of the Tuba Angel.

Lukas
Awreen
Rekyr
Tuba Angel
Ikoma

Aw heck, I done goofed on the order. I looked at the wrong one-Lukas actually should've been first.

Don't think it'll matter too much. If you feel it should, let me know.

Damage total: 0.

Estralita
2020-11-24, 10:38 PM
There it was. The noise. He knew it was coming and yet it still somehow caught him off balance. He could feel the pull and the push of desire and fear. Threatening to sap his will to fight...

"AAARGG"

Lukas shouted wordlessly, as black feathered wings sprout from his back. He sprung in the air, attempting to battle the captivating sound.

Turns out the Avenging Angel capstone ability takes a whole action, so that's what Lukas is going to do. In addition, while he can't attack, he can at least move into position for next turn. I think.

Also, saving throws.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lord of Gifts
2020-11-25, 04:37 AM
AC: 20 (22) | HP: 168 | CURRENT: 168 | HIT DIE: 1210; 8d6
Level 1: 4/4 | Level 2: 3/3 | Level 3: 2/3 | Level 4: 3/3 | Level 5: 2/2 | Level 6: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1 | Indomitable: 1/1 | Relentless Endurance: 1/1 | Second Wind: 1/1
Conditions: Haste (Concentration).

The apocalyptic sound echoes throughout the cathedral, bringing despair to his comrades, but Reykr pushes through. Rushing forward to face his foe, he strikes a succession of heavy blows with blinding speed.

Moving up to the Tuba Angel, then using my attack action, bonus action attack from Polearm Master, and additional attack from Haste. All with -5/+10 from Great Weapon Master.

Attack 1: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4], Damage: [roll5]
Haste Attack: [roll6], Damage: [roll7]
Bonus Attack: [roll8], Damage: [roll9]

JNAProductions
2020-11-25, 11:19 AM
Two strikes land true-or at least, two would've, but the Angel lets loose a blast of sound against Rekyr. The sound, loud enough to be almost solid, stops one of the attacks from landing. But his last lands effectively.

It follows up with a sonorous hum.

And then, its melody explodes outwards, with an interweaving of defensive music.

Everyone, give me a DC 18 Wisdom save against Slow as a Legendary Action, then a DC 27 Con save against [roll0] Thunder damage.

If you fail the second save, you're deafened to all sounds except for the Tuba Angel's.

Finally, it is casting Blade Ward as a bonus action.

Damage total: 24

Bunny Commando
2020-11-26, 08:07 AM
Ikoma Junzen - HP: 81\123 - Conditions: Defeaned - Active Spells: Bigby's Hand (C, 1\10 rounds)
-------

Junzen quickly reacts to the Angel's casting, weaving with words and song a spell that would hopefully counter whatever the Angel would unleash upon the party. Before he could do anything else, though, the celestial music of his enemy overwhelm him and leaves him defeaned and unable to hear anything expect the otherwordly sounds the Angel is weaving.

With the kugo in his hand he starts singing a quiet, almost soothing song that in the end explodes in a cacophonic sound that he hurls at the enemy - a sound that takes the form of a huge fist that starts striking the Angel; he then looks at one of his companion, Reykr, trying to encourage the half-orc.

"Despair not, the battle's just started. We will prevail!"

Reaction: Counterspell against Slow
Action: Bibgy's Hand using a 7th level slot - Clenched Fist
Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration to Reykr

Bibgy's Hand Attack [roll0] - Force Damage [roll1]

truemane
2020-11-26, 10:12 AM
Still moving in the air, Awreen shakes off the magical lethargy, but it struck right in the beak by the thunderous sound that deafens him.

[roll0] - Slow - SUCCESS!
[roll1] - Thunder - FAIL!

Deafened, 101 HP remaining

JNAProductions
2020-11-26, 11:27 AM
Against the fist comes the blare of solid sound, interposing against the magical assault.

It then shoots out a massive blast of sound, focusing on Junzen, but the shockwave expands out greatly.

Reaction to grant itself 3/4ths cover against Junzen.

Legendary Action to retaliate with its attack.

[roll0]
[roll1] Thunder damage, and deafened to everything except the Tuba Angel on a hit

Anyone within 40' suffers the same hit, using the same attack and damage rolls.

Lord of Gifts
2020-11-26, 01:20 PM
AC: 20 (22) | HP: 168 | CURRENT: 142 | HIT DIE: 1210; 8d6
Level 1: 3/4 | Level 2: 3/3 | Level 3: 2/3 | Level 4: 3/3 | Level 5: 2/2 | Level 6: 1/1
Conditions: Haste (Concentration), Bardic Inspiration (d12).

As the first shockwave slams into him, Reykr reaches out with his mind. Grasping ahold of the deadly strands of magic, he hastily deflects as much as he can, channeling the energy into his blade.

Casting Absorb Elements as a reaction, giving myself resistance to Thunder damage until the start of my next turn.

Estralita
2020-12-01, 10:02 PM
Lukas stumbled under the power of the sound, but continued forwards to smash it as hard as he could

Fairly straightforwards. Using GWM to boost damage

Attack 1: [roll0] Damage[roll1] +[roll2]

Attack 2: [roll3] Damage[roll4] +[roll5]

Haste Attack: [roll6] Damage[roll7] +[roll8]

truemane
2020-12-02, 08:23 AM
Awreen decided that brawn was not going to be sufficient to win this fight. His prior attempt had not even dented or scratched the creatures otherworldly brass carapace.

He closed his eyes, concentrated, and anyone watching would see him fading from view.

Using my Action to spend 4 Ki to activate Empty Body. I'm invisible and have resistance to all forms of damage (except Force).
Bonus Action: 1 Ki to activate Patient Defense, which is the Dodge action.
Once I'm invisible I'm going to fly 80 feet to another corner of the cathedral.

Lord of Gifts
2020-12-02, 02:40 PM
AC: 20 (22) | HP: 168 | CURRENT: 142 | HIT DIE: 1210; 8d6
Level 1: 3/4 | Level 2: 3/3 | Level 3: 1/3 | Level 4: 3/3 | Level 5: 2/2 | Level 6: 1/1
Conditions: Haste (Concentration), Bardic Inspiration (d12).

Seeing that his strikes barely fazed the Angel, Reykr resolves to try a different tactic. As more blows fall, his glaive erupts with a mighty bolt of lightning, arcing from the tip to strike the beast.

Targeting the Tuba Angel with Lightning Bolt, and then using my Haste action and bonus action to attack.

DC19 Dex save with disadvantage (from Eldritch Strike) against [roll0] Lightning damage. Half damage on a successful save.

Haste Attack: [roll1], Damage: [roll2] Slashing
Bonus Attack: [roll3], Damage: [roll4] Bludgeoning