PDA

View Full Version : Positive Energy Resistance

ChaosStar
2020-11-22, 11:57 PM
Is Positive Energy Resistance a good feat for a LN Undead Cleric of Osiris?

Silent Alarm
2020-11-23, 12:15 AM
No it really isn't. That said, LN Undead Cleric of Osiris is definitely my next NPC for my players to meet up.

ChaosStar
2020-11-23, 12:33 AM
Current Planned Feats are Knowledge Devotion, Bane Magic (Undead), Lifebond, and Improved Turn Resistance. Need two more feats to finish with. No Idea about PrC.

Basic idea is a shy bookish girl, who develops as a hunter of Evil Undead. She's LN right now, but grows to be more LG as she gains levels. Before being turned she was a priestess in training to Kelemvor, but a Dread Necromancer forced her via Dominate Person to become a Necropolitan, then was Dominated again. After she regained her mind by some adventurers killing the DN, she found Kelemvor had abandoned her and she called out in despair for someone to answer her, and Osiris responded.

Doctor Despair
2020-11-23, 12:47 AM
Can't go wrong with Lifesense. Never be snuck up on again!

ChaosStar
2020-11-23, 12:50 AM
What about Sacred Vengeance? Spend a Turn Attempt as a free action to get +2d6 against Undead for a round. Sounds nice.

Darg
2020-11-23, 01:43 AM
Tenebrous Apostate sounds like it would fit your flavor very well, despite having the requirement of worshiping tenebrous. As a neutral cleric with tenebrous soulbound you can turn and rebuke depending on your choices and the PrC gives you extra effects when you do. Also, remember that you can choose to target yourself or not.

ChaosStar
2020-11-23, 01:59 AM
Tenebrous Apostate sounds like it would fit your flavor very well, despite having the requirement of worshiping tenebrous. As a neutral cleric with tenebrous soulbound you can turn and rebuke depending on your choices and the PrC gives you extra effects when you do. Also, remember that you can choose to target yourself or not.

Looking through Undead Cleric stuff was thinking about Sacred Purifier or Knight of the Raven. As I said she develops into a Lawful Good Undead Evil Undead Hunter. Just trying to figure out how to get immune to my own Positive Energy Burst if I go Sacred Purifier.

Darg
2020-11-23, 09:28 AM
Just trying to figure out how to get immune to my own Positive Energy Burst if I go Sacred Purifier.

You don't have to include yourself in such an AoE ability as it is centered on you. You are allowed to if you wish to though.

Zaq
2020-11-23, 12:27 PM
You don't have to include yourself in such an AoE ability as it is centered on you. You are allowed to if you wish to though.

I agree that this is often a sensible ruling, but I'm curious if it's actually RAW. Does it really say that anywhere?

Jazath
2020-11-23, 03:04 PM
Is Positive Energy Resistance a good feat for a LN Undead Cleric of Osiris?

You should really pick up something a little better.
Coming into contact with positive energy does not happen real often. I mean you could take it just in case. But i'm not sure you'll see much use.

I'm not sure, but maybe try to find some turn resistance while your at it

ChaosStar
2020-11-23, 04:07 PM
You should really pick up something a little better.
Coming into contact with positive energy does not happen real often. I mean you could take it just in case. But i'm not sure you'll see much use.

I'm not sure, but maybe try to find some turn resistance while your at it

I already have +2 from being a Necropolitan, +4 from being affected by Bolster Resistance and I plan to take Improved Turn Resistance for another +4.

Crake
2020-11-23, 04:51 PM
As a cleric, you have access to the life ward spell. Think death ward, but for positive energy instead of negative energy.

Thurbane
2020-11-23, 06:17 PM
There is a Ring of Positive Energy Resistance in the MIC, but oddly, does not protect against damage by positive energy effects. It does stop spells that channel positive energy from affecting you though.

There's also the Positive Energy Protection spell (Cleric 3).

Darg
2020-11-23, 08:31 PM
I agree that this is often a sensible ruling, but I'm curious if it's actually RAW. Does it really say that anywhere?

Well, for one a burst is centered on an intersection while this burst is centered on you. Meaning your square is untouched. In order to reach 30 ft. it has to. 0ft from the edge of your square to 6 squares out.