PDA

View Full Version : can somebody answer this quetion for me?

EvilElitest
2007-11-04, 08:55 PM
I started a thread in the friendly banter section about hte Church of LInk's hat. IN the intro to this thread, i mentioned i was unsure of where the thread belonged. And before i knew it, it was closed. NOt moved, closed, and i didn't recieve any message personally or in the thread. I Pm'd a few mods, none of whom replied, so i'm just going to make a thread of it now, i'm very baffled and slightly angry that who ever closed the thread didn't tell me what i was doing wrong. Can somebody please explain what is going on?

The thread is on (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61934)
from,
EE

Haruki-kun
2007-11-04, 09:18 PM
I can only think of two reasons:

1) The thread was considered pointless, especially because "fanclubs" are (as I understand it) reserved for OOTS characters.
2) Somebody had already started the same thread.

But truly, the only peple who can answer that question for you are the mods.

EvilElitest
2007-11-04, 09:36 PM
I can only think of two reasons:

1) The thread was considered pointless, especially because "fanclubs" are (as I understand it) reserved for OOTS characters.
2) Somebody had already started the same thread.

But truly, the only peple who can answer that question for you are the mods.

1. Don't you have them on the silly board thread. Also the Church of link's hat does have a goal and belif, they just haven't gotton around to creating it yet
2. But wouldn't the mod in question put up a notice? I'm still very confused
form,
EE

Ego Slayer
2007-11-05, 04:14 PM
I keep forgetting specifics, since I've never paid attention to any of the fanclubs, but... I don't recall there being any non-OotS fanclub threads allowed. Though silly, OotS allowed, of course, because they're relevant to the site.

There have been so many 'pointless' fanclubs, so they just like locking them and moving on. Posting a "your fanclub is pointless" notice on every single thread gets tiresome, methinks. :smallconfused:

EvilElitest
2007-11-05, 04:39 PM
Just to calify, it was orginially a tool in the link vs. Seph thread, and after that i jokely asked people to join by puting a title on their sig. However, some people wanted to ask what the "church" stood for, and i realized it didn't have
anything to stand for and i wanted to see if it could stand for something (maybe they could oversee vs. threads or something silly like that) you know
from,
EE

Haruki-kun
2007-11-05, 05:13 PM
Vs. Threads actually involve a discussion, so they're not considered "silly" even if they can get pretty silly. Oranges and Apples.

But the Church of Link's hat does fall under the "Silly",that is, fanclub department, and after so many pointless fanclubs that people started just for the sake of it, a line had to be drawn. Sorry, man, but the mods' words are law.

EvilElitest
2007-11-05, 06:29 PM
Vs. Threads actually involve a discussion, so they're not considered "silly" even if they can get pretty silly. Oranges and Apples.

But the Church of Link's hat does fall under the "Silly",that is, fanclub department, and after so many pointless fanclubs that people started just for the sake of it, a line had to be drawn. Sorry, man, but the mods' words are law.

I could understand that, but i haven't had any mods word as of yet. If this is a case and a mod says that it is just to silly to start a thread over, then i'd be cool, could i just have some confermation please?
from,
EE

skywalker
2007-11-05, 08:35 PM
I could understand that, but i haven't had any mods word as of yet. If this is a case and a mod says that it is just to silly to start a thread over, then i'd be cool, could i just have some confermation please?
from,
EE

Yeah, I'm with EE, I don't think we should be saying "yea" or "nay" about something before we see the mods actually say something.

hyperfreak497
2007-11-05, 11:10 PM
Kinda like when the mods banned my new account without explanation. Here, I brought you a quote:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

That's what it said when I tried to log on.

Jack Squat
2007-11-05, 11:52 PM
Kinda like when the mods banned my new account without explanation. Here, I brought you a quote:

That's what it said when I tried to log on.

actually, that's because alt accounts aren't allowed anymore, I'm fairly certain it's listed in the rules...just don't feel like checking at the moment.

Ego Slayer
2007-11-05, 11:55 PM
^^: I translate that as "There is nothing significant important to the records as to why this account was banned." :smalltongue: He did tell you not to make another account.[/offtopic]

It's a pointless thread in the sense that it has no real topic of discussion. What more do you need to know? ><

The Mods have spoken on this already. They speak in Scary Red Text (their special weapon), and red "Locked" signs. The latter means "No, bad puppies! *Thwacks with rolled up newspaper*" :smalltongue:

Roland St. Jude
2007-11-06, 12:22 AM
If you have an question or complaint about a specific instance of moderation:
1. PM the moderator involved if you can identify who it was;
if not, or if that doesn't satisfy you...
2. PM WampaX.

This thread is closed to foreclose any further speculation and side discussion.