PDA

View Full Version : you can retrain alternate class features

newguydude1
2020-11-26, 07:38 AM
Alternative class features replace class features found in the original class description. If you have already reached or passed the level at which you can take the feature, you can use the retraining option described on page 192 to gain an alternative class feature in place of the normal feature gained at that level.

i remember asking this question before but the answers i got were iffy and unclear. but now that i found this, its 100% raw that you can retrain acfs.

thought id share so you guys all know about this and spread the word next time anyone asks.

InvisibleBison
2020-11-26, 08:40 AM
It's clear that you can use retraining to give up the standard class feature for an ACF. It's not clear whether you can use retraining to give up an ACF for another ACF or the standard class feature. It would be absurd to rule you couldn't, but the RAW is silent on the issue, so if you care about RAW that's something you'll have to think about.

newguydude1
2020-11-28, 07:34 PM
heres another quote from complete champion

If a character has already passed the level at which the alternative feature is available, you can use the retraining option described on page 192 of Player’s Handbook II to acquire it retroactively.