PDA

View Full Version : What Deity is a solid match for this?

jaappleton
2020-11-26, 09:23 AM
Looking to play a Cleric. Likely Twilight. Leaning very much into the aspects of healing and shelter, between their channel divinity and Tiny Hut.

I’m looking to play them as a Prophet for Profit. Sign here, initial here, pledge 15% of your career earnings in the name of ______, put the date here, and alrighty we’ll get you healed right up and back in the front lines!

......so you can make more money in the name of _____, of course. >_>

Sure, you can rest at the Portable Inn of Tiny Hut (Name suggestions welcome), but first let’s talk multiclassing for you and potential franchise opportunities! At the end of this presentation, you get a free Cure Wounds and a George Foreman Grill!

(No, I’m not actually going to take anyone’s gold or earnings. It’s just a dumb personality I came up with.)

So, any deities come to mind? Waukeen maybe? Wouldn’t mind something with a slightly more sinister aspect to it.

Unoriginal
2020-11-26, 09:38 AM
Looking to play a Cleric. Likely Twilight. Leaning very much into the aspects of healing and shelter, between their channel divinity and Tiny Hut.

I’m looking to play them as a Prophet for Profit. Sign here, initial here, pledge 15% of your career earnings in the name of ______, put the date here, and alrighty we’ll get you healed right up and back in the front lines!

......so you can make more money in the name of _____, of course. >_>

Sure, you can rest at the Portable Inn of Tiny Hut (Name suggestions welcome), but first let’s talk multiclassing for you and potential franchise opportunities! At the end of this presentation, you get a free Cure Wounds and a George Foreman Grill!

(No, I’m not actually going to take anyone’s gold or earnings. It’s just a dumb personality I came up with.)

So, any deities come to mind? Waukeen maybe? Wouldn’t mind something with a slightly more sinister aspect to it.

Well, if you don't want Waukeen, then Mammon's the one for you.

Sure Mammon isn't a deity nor can he grant spells to Clerics, but Asmodeus is more than happy to handle this for his sub contractor in exchange for a percentage (100%) of the powers granted by the worship.

Or you can cut the middle man and plain worship Asmodeus. Beside he's much more likely to favor a young, dynamic go-getter than Mammon's yesterday's-news style, isn't he?

Otherwise, there is still Raxxivort, who *is* genuinely divine, and also a greedy accountant.

J-H
2020-11-26, 09:47 AM
That...was a very good advertisement.

Corran
2020-11-26, 09:51 AM
Tiamat. Leaning to the opportunistic profit-making and greedy aspect, without necessarily playing to the draconic element. You are there because of your ideals and the pragmatic way of thinking that the cult... eh, the faith promotes, not because of some connection to dragon kind (though people might start wondering if there's some draconic blood running through your veins).

If your DM allows it, Galder's Tower (3rd level spell from lost laboratory of Kwalish IIRC) could be used as the deluxe resting package and you might also be able to get some good deals from... astronomers! There are a few more thematically appropriate spells that you'll be able to find on dnd beyond, with distort value being the one I remember (though I dont remember what it does or if clerics get it -mentioning in case you like it and you are allowed to take it because rule of cool, only remember that I had considered it for a greedy dwarf draconic sorcerer; yeah, overkill).

Name for the hut? I'd probably go with something unimaginative like the rest of adequate comfort or something. But that's probably a job for your marketing employee (another pc).

Unoriginal
2020-11-26, 09:56 AM
As far as getting spells goes, having Incite Greed from Acquisition Inc. would be pretty thematic.

jaappleton
2020-11-26, 10:06 AM
As far as Tiny Hut goes, I’m going to offer it to the party as three different versions.

The Inn of Squalor. Available for free. It’s just a bare hut.

Inn of Adequate Rest. The same thing but with pillows, although it’s consistently short one pillow.

Magnificent Inn of Spectacular Splendor. This one comes with pillows AND a throw rug!

JackPhoenix
2020-11-26, 12:08 PM
The Keeper from Eberron is a god of greed (amongst other things), and the way faith works in Eberron, there are multiple possible interpretations. Requires a specific setting and doesn't fit twillight domain, though.... unless combined with Mark of Hospitality halfling.