PDA

View Full Version : The new Mote Master build

Silpharon
2020-11-26, 10:21 AM
Chronurgy Wizard 10/Genie Warlock 10

Arcane Abeyance requires a short rest between mote making, with motes lasting only an hour. This usually then limits the existence of one mote at a time.

Enter Catnap spell (level 3 Wizard), allowing a 10 minute short rest for three creatures that can include one's self. This can be used only once per long rest.

Enter Genie Warlock's level 10 Sanctuary Vessel ability, which reduces short rest time to 10 minutes when you enter your Genie vessel. Unfortunately, entering the vessel can only be done once per long rest.

Now you can have 3 motes at a time. That's 3 4th level spells you can give to others for concentration. Maybe 3 summon greater demon, or 3 sickening radiance? You could combine with the tiny servant spell to get 3 servants to cast the spells and hold concentration. Any other ideas?

I know the build is mega MAD, but maybe focus on support spells on the warlock to avoid the need for high Charisma. Pact of the talisman could be good.

I believe this is the only way to get 3 active motes at a time presently, but does anyone else know a better way to get more?

ZiddyT
2020-11-27, 12:00 AM
If you're allowed UA, you might be able to get away with the Wild Talent & Metabolic Control feats. That gets you a 1 minute short rest, though even in games that allow UA, since psionics got printed without those, it may not be Kosher.

MaxWilson
2020-11-27, 02:21 PM
I believe this is the only way to get 3 active motes at a time presently, but does anyone else know a better way to get more?

Simulacrum to double the number of motes. Just go straight Chronurgy and you'll have 4 motes by level 14, plus two actual wizards. A genielock in the party adds 2 more motes, plus 3 more if the Genielock can Simulacrum you again.

Simulacrum is a busted-strong spell by RAW.

Silpharon
2020-11-27, 06:00 PM
Simulacrum to double the number of motes. Just go straight Chronurgy and you'll have 4 motes by level 14, plus two actual wizards. A genielock in the party adds 2 more motes, plus 3 more if the Genielock can Simulacrum you again.

Simulacrum is a busted-strong spell by RAW.

Nice! Thanks for the tip.