PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Proficiency Monkey(Stronger then the Skill monkey)

Amdy_vill
2020-11-26, 10:46 AM
So this is the plain, a Proficiency monkey. It's a skill monkey but with tools and all armor proficiencies.

Goals

Proficiency in light, medium, heavy armor, and shields.
Proficiency in all skills
Expertise in as many skill as posable
Proficiency in as many tools and instruments as possible.
If possible 6 levels of artificer for expertise in tools.
Know as many languages as possible.

My current thought was
Race Half-elf Common, Elvish, Dwarven, Skills: Investigation, Animal Handling

Background: Izzet engineer Arcane, investigation Calligrapher's Supplies Goblin

LV 1 Rogue 1: light armor, thieves tools, Acrobatics, Athletics, Deception, Insight, Expertise Acrobatics, Athletics. Thieves' Cant

LV 2 Rogue 2

LV 3 Rogue 3(Scout) Nauture Surivial Expertise Nauture Surivial

LV 4 Cleric 1(Knowledge) Draconic, Giant. Arcane Religion Expertise Arcane History

LV 5 Bard 1 Perception Bagpipes

LV 6 Bard 2 Half proficiency in every skill

LV 7 Bard 3 Sleight of hand, Stealth, Insight Expertise Sleight of hand Stealth

LV 8 Artificer 1 Thinkers Tools

LV 9 Artificer 2

LV 10 Artificer 3(Armorer) Smith tools heavy armor

LV 11 Artificer 4 Skill Expert Medicine Expertise Medicen

LV 12 Artificer 5

LV 13 Artificer 6 Expertise in tools

LV 14 Rogue 4 Prodigy Alchemist’s supplies, Intimidation, Gnomish Expertise Intimidation

LV 15 Ranger 1 Expertise Perception Undercommon halfling

LV 16 ranger 2

LV 17 ranger 3(fey wounder)

LV 18 ranger 4

LV 19 Rogue 5

LV 20 Rogue 6 Expertise Deception insight

Sepaulchre
2020-11-26, 11:16 AM
Add Ranger 1 for canny expertise.

Caelic
2020-11-26, 11:17 AM
Something interesting to consider:

"Expertise with tools" is interesting, because it's not expertise, and, unlike expertise, doesn't include the standard language stipulating that it can't be applied to a proficiency already benefiting from an Expertise-like ability.

Theoretically, you could take your six levels of Artificer, and then take, say, three levels of Rune Knight for the Fire Rune, thereby achieving triple your proficiency bonus with tools. Add in a Guild sponsor, and you could bump that up to four times the bonus when using the guild's facilities.

Darzil
2020-11-26, 11:26 AM
Another two expertise at Rogue 6 ?

Amdy_vill
2020-11-26, 12:03 PM
So if I have counted correctly I need 7 more expertise to have expertise in everything. is it possible? maby scrap the fighter for others?

Amdy_vill
2020-11-26, 12:33 PM
Just realized I don't need skilled if I choose a background. so I there any way to get 6 more expertise. or just any more?

Witty Username
2020-11-26, 12:42 PM
rogue 1/ ranger 1 gets you 6 skills, and 1 tool. starting high elf with the Tasha's options gets you 1 more skill, 4 more tools, and an extra language.

Naanomi
2020-11-26, 09:01 PM
All skills is pretty easy...

V. Human -> Skilled = 4
Background = 2
Rogue (scout) 3 = 6
Bard (lore) 3 = 4
Cleric (knowledge) 1 = 2

if UA is on the table we could get there even faster with Mystic or UA-exclusive Warlock Invocations

Tools and Languages are just a matter of time and money so I'll ignore

Armor proficiency can come from a variety of sources, but since you wanted Artificer anyways, pick it up from Armorer

Expertise... you can get 4 from Rogue, 4 from Bard... 2 from Knowledge cleric... 2 from Scout... 2 from Feats... Purple Dragon Knight can give you one more... As can a level of Ranger (though you are wasting some skills off of my build above that way, and you are running out of levels). Off the top of my head I don't think you can get to all 18 though.

End Build Would Be something like...
Race: Any (any proficiency you get here would be a waste)
Rogue (scout) 6/Bard (lore) 10/Cleric (knowledge) 1/Ranger 1/(Bard +2?)
Feats: Prodigy, Skill Expert

Proficiency in all skills; Expertise in 15/18 Skills