PDA

View Full Version : Savage Pathfinder

LibraryOgre
2020-11-27, 08:42 AM
https://www.peginc.com/big-surprise-for-savage-worlds-announcement-thanksgiving/

It’s Thanksgiving here in the United States. For our international friends, that’s a time when we come together as friends and family and tell everyone what we’re thankful for.

Today, Pinnacle Entertainment Group is INCREDIBLY thankful to our good friends at Paizo for letting us play in their amazing world of Golarion, setting of the phenomenally successful Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

Following the incredible reception we had with Kevin Siembieda’s phenomenal world of Rifts®, we’re bringing Pathfinder’s fantastic Adventure Paths to the Savage Worlds™ system, starting with the best-selling Rise of the Runelords™!

The Kickstarter begins mid-January, 2021, and will feature the Savage Pathfinder core rules, a boxed set with all the usual Savage Worlds accessories, AND the Rise of the Runelords boxed set with all six books of the Adventure Path and other deluxe accessories!

Tune in to Pinnacle’s social media for more information between now and the Kickstarter! #SavagePathfinder #WorldsCollide

This somewhat reminds me of the early aughts, when everyone was hastening to turn out a d20 version of their setting.

Morty
2020-11-27, 08:46 AM
Except this time it's thankfully the other way around. I can't say I have any interest in Golarion regardless of what system it's attached to, but this is interesting all the same. It might be helpful to people running fantasy in Savage Worlds in general. And who knows, maybe one of those APs could be fun without Pathfinder mechanics.

Delta
2020-11-27, 09:14 AM
Honestly, considering I have heard a many great things about a few Pathfinder APs but have absolutely no interest in running the game, I'm quite looking forward to this one.

paladinn
2020-11-27, 11:34 AM
I agree; the RP world seems to be going Savage Worlds, regardless of sales and market share. And yes, it's very much like the D20 craze back in the day.

That said, I also agree that the PF Adventure Paths are very well done.

Has anyone done any sort of conversion guide to/from D20 and SW?

Morty
2020-11-27, 12:09 PM
Honestly, considering I have heard a many great things about a few Pathfinder APs but have absolutely no interest in running the game, I'm quite looking forward to this one.

I'm in a similar boat. I don't know if I'd like them, but given how much they're talked about I'd like to at least try them... except I'd rather not touch Pathfinder with a very long stick. Converting them to a system that's not amazing but solid is just the thing I need here.

LibraryOgre
2020-11-27, 05:10 PM
I agree; the RP world seems to be going Savage Worlds, regardless of sales and market share. And yes, it's very much like the D20 craze back in the day.

That said, I also agree that the PF Adventure Paths are very well done.

Has anyone done any sort of conversion guide to/from D20 and SW?

I've done conversions for other things, but, generally, I find it's best to convert the idea, not the exact mechanics. Make the setting within Savage Worlds, rather than try to exactly reproduce the rules in Savage Worlds... your new wizard is likely going to have a relatively small list of spells, and cast them like Savage Worlds, rather than D&D's "Batman Wizard". A Sorcerer would be more likely to have fewer spells and special powers or traits related to their background.

GrayDeath
2020-11-27, 07:59 PM
having had to suffer through many a badly done conversion due to one of our long term DM`s being a Savage Nut: This! This, as strongly as you can!

Anonymouswizard
2020-11-28, 07:04 AM

Yeah. I mean, I like Savage Worlds as much as the next person, but I've basically started ignoring it until the craze blows over.

As for this, eh. I don't like adventure paths, and the setting is rather generic leaning dark. I could probably have a much better time with my own Savage Fantasy setting.

On the other hand, I wouldn't object to playing Inn it, partially because it's generic enough for me not to care about it. Might even go for a Cleric if there's any decent Pathfinder gods, like done kind of TN/LN Death Deity.

137beth
2020-11-28, 01:39 PM
I have no interest in Golarion or Rise of the Runelords. I'm curious if this product will be helpful to people running other fantasy in SW.

Also, the fact that Paizo is allowing this feels like a significant change in how they operate. I am curious to see what new licensed projects they'll allow in the future.