PDA

View Full Version : Could this work as a conquest paladin?

KyleG
2020-11-27, 02:45 PM
Once a conquering people the gods saw fit to curb their nature. A few were spared and told "to rule the people, first you must serve the people". Hired out via the service stones the rustaka serve only those who hold the pair of the stone they carry. No matter the task. The only task they may not undertake is to kill themselves. This instruction nullifies the contract.
The idea was stolen from a book but I thought it could make for an interesting character. Could conquest fit? Would something else fit better? What services could they undertake as part of a party?

RogueJK
2020-11-27, 02:49 PM
Flavor-wise, that sounds more like a Crown Paladin, with their focus on duty, the sanctity of oaths, and obligation to your superiors.

Amdy_vill
2020-11-27, 02:50 PM
Once a conquering people the gods saw fit to curb their nature. A few were spared and told "to rule the people, first you must serve the people". Hired out via the service stones the rustaka serve only those who hold the pair of the stone they carry. No matter the task. The only task they may not undertake is to kill themselves. This instruction nullifies the contract.
The idea was stolen from a book but I thought it could make for an interesting character. Could conquest fit? Would something else fit better? What services could they undertake as part of a party?

this really seems like it fits Crown more. because the other oaths tend to be between oneself, not others. Crown is the only one I can think of that is deeply linked to a person. but to be honest you could go with almost any oath here. The oath breaker even works with the whole idea of redemption through action to regain an oath.

KyleG
2020-11-27, 03:31 PM
Maybe im trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I just love the conquest abilities and I've been trying to find a way to use them. You are right thou Crown does fit.

Gtdead
2020-11-27, 05:10 PM
Perhaps you can augment the concept by adding the idea of the exemplars. For example, from the people chosen to lead, each represents a value like wisdom, knowledge, might, self sufficience.

They aren't a conquering people anymore, but the ideas remain, and conflict is part of nature. This is where the conquest paladin comes in. He represents the might of the people.