PDA

View Full Version : [3.5, no PF] Recovering Stunning Fist uses mid-day?

Zaq
2020-11-28, 01:48 PM
Possibly a short and simple question. Are there any methods of recovering uses of Stunning Fist during the adventuring day, and if so, what are they? Please, no "jaunt off to a fast time plane" or equivalent time-manipulation tricks.

I suppose having an allied squire of legend (Complete Champion pg. 110) devoted to Reikhardt can maybe give you an extra use per day via lesser squire's burden, but to be honest, even if that were practical (read: it's not practical), it's debatable whether it would work on a character who can use Stunning Fist more than once per day, since the ability in question says that it gives "a second use of an extraordinary or supernatural ability normally usable only once per day." So if you have more than one daily use of Stunning Fist, your use of Stunning Fist arguably isn't a valid target for lesser squire's burden. Weird.

Anyway, is there anything more practical? For context, I'm contemplating how to make a disciple of the word--not a real character, more a generalized guide--not simply run out of tricks midway through the day since all of their abilities pull from the same slowly-scaling pool (i.e., Stunning Fist uses), but I suppose any monk or similar SF user might benefit from knowing about a feat/item/PrC/etc. that lets you recover SF uses without moving to the next day.

3.5 only, not PF, please. Non-Dragon Mag preferred if possible. Admittedly I'm not currently aware of anything within that corpus (i.e., 3.5, non-Dragon) that actually does what I'm asking for, but hey, that's the point of the discussion! Love that Playground hivemind.

Quentinas
2020-11-28, 07:27 PM
A customized item that you can wear that give you the extra stunning feat ?But I don't know what happen if you remove something that give you extra use and then reuse that