PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Deity Resources?

Vault756
2020-11-28, 06:17 PM
So I'm looking for a Deity that is Sun, Travel, and Healing Domains and I can't really find any easily compiled resources for Deities. I just keep google searching and going through pages. Is there like a search engine for Deities?

Silent Alarm
2020-11-28, 06:43 PM
To my knowledge, no one has had the foresight or genius to make a searchable list of deities by domain for 3.5e. That said? You are looking for Taiia's Creator Aspect from Deities and Demigods, page 203.

Quentinas
2020-11-28, 06:54 PM
I don't have a searchable resource without using the browser search but if you search on google "deities list mithrilcircle dnd 3.5" you should find an index made by that group, and yes from what I know by that index only the Creator aspect of Taiia have each one of these domains, but you could use the Sovereign host from Eberron with the prestige class of the Sovereign speaker if needed. Dol Arrah has the sun domain, Kol Korran has the travel domain and Olladra has the healing domain

Thurbane
2020-11-28, 07:22 PM
Troacctid's database (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?571607) is pretty thorough.

Looking at that, Syrkarn maybe?

Mordante
2020-11-30, 09:13 AM
Troacctid's database (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?571607) is pretty thorough.

Looking at that, Syrkarn maybe?

I get errors when opening that file.

This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit?usp=sharing might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Palanan
2020-11-30, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Mordante
I get errors when opening that file.

I can access both of Troacctid's links without any trouble, so it may be a local issue for you.

Biggus
2020-11-30, 01:27 PM
So I'm looking for a Deity that is Sun, Travel, and Healing Domains and I can't really find any easily compiled resources for Deities. I just keep google searching and going through pages. Is there like a search engine for Deities?

Is this for a particular campaign setting?

Vault756
2020-11-30, 01:33 PM
To my knowledge, no one has had the foresight or genius to make a searchable list of deities by domain for 3.5e. That said? You are looking for Taiia's Creator Aspect from Deities and Demigods, page 203.

Okay perfect. This works. You da best.

Technically it's a homebrew setting but I still have to use Deities from official sources. I ran it past the DM and Taiia was fine so I'm good.

tyckspoon
2020-11-30, 02:13 PM

Deities & Demigods has suggestions for setting up a non-standard cosmology/pantheons; IIRC Taiia is the example for a 'one god with multiple aspects' setup, a kind of Zoroastrian styled dualism thing where you have the Creator and the Destroyer, beginning and end, day/night, sun/moon etc, etc, etc gods. Taiia herself is not a part of any current setting, but if you absolutely need a god that was written down somewhere it qualifies.

(Although personally if you have to use a god that doesn't actually exist in-world to get the domains you want, you may as well just argue for a Cleric of an ideal or philosophy, as you're functionally making up your own god/domain access at that point anyways.)

Vault756
2020-12-03, 03:05 AM
1d4chan lists Pelor as having the Travel domain but for the life of me I can't find any resource that actually supports this.

1d4chan . org / wiki / Pelor

Biggus
2020-12-03, 12:09 PM
1d4chan lists Pelor as having the Travel domain but for the life of me I can't find any resource that actually supports this.

1d4chan . org / wiki / Pelor

Me neither. AFAIK the official sources for him in 3E are the PHB and D&DG, and neither of them list it, so it's either a mistake or something he has in another edition.

Thurbane
2020-12-03, 04:43 PM
Odd. Even the unofficial Greyhawk Deities Expanded Domain List (http://www.seankreynolds.com/rpgfiles/we/greyhawkdeities.html) doesn't add travel to Pelor.

GrayDeath
2020-12-05, 12:55 PM
Thats just to prevent people from realizing he is Zarus in disguise.

If he had travel, he could come from other Settings, and that would increase scrutiny. ^^

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-12-05, 01:34 PM
I had several links in my bookmarks to this exact info, but alas, every single one of them is now broken.