PDA

View Full Version : Infiltrate the Cobra Unit

dangelo
2020-11-28, 07:18 PM
The abandoned train station was never really used - It's a failed project from a time when people thought they could build a railroad across the rainforest; before they could even finish making way for a lane, the forest already healed the first injuries, regrowing quickly and swallowing unfinished rails and stations with it.

The person responsible for the decoy attack is Mister Locke, a member of the brotherhood and a master of illusions. A phantom image of Locke's head hovers above the rails, waiting for the group to arrive.

When approached, Locke explains that "The attack is gonna happen in few minutes. You must head north through the woods until you reach the base; When the battle goes off, you must be already in position to sneak inside."

RossN
2020-11-28, 08:26 PM
Madam Clock

With crackle of magic rooting itself a circle of golden runes appears on the rich soil next to the track. Within their centre figures materialise, first undefined, then recognisable as humans, then in heartbeat more normal. The gilded light of the magic and them runes themselves fade away, leaving only the odd collection of mystics who had travelled here by teleportation spell.

"Thank you for your patience gentlemen and ladies," a clear voice calls out, in a refined English accent. It's owner is a pretty blonde woman who looks and sounds much younger than she really is and is dressed as it were still 1880. Madam Clock approaches each 'passenger' individually to make sure they had made the trip in one piece; though versed in the theory of magic teleportation was not her forte and the time enchantress was secretly glad they had not ended in New York, Hades or in each other's bodies.

Once assured everyone is themselves she smiles politely at Mister Locke and checks an antique golden fob watch for the time, before returning it to the pocket of her coat. "Well, it seems we have little time to waste. Let's show those rotters what's what shall we?"

Izzarra
2020-11-28, 10:06 PM
https://images2.imgbox.com/41/9a/5hDYmnT0_o.jpg
Burr (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CKBBpsD4knqsSrBf3A_XWYAMuxDAYObAuy3R7HTSUrw)
No conditions

The sharp red scales of the reptilian humanoid stand on end as Burr hisses in agitation from being teleported.

Crouching low to the ground her blue forked tongue flicks out smelling the surroundings.

Volthawk
2020-11-28, 10:22 PM
Reaching into one of his coat sleeves to touch the Aegis and confirm that it's intact (he didn't really have any reason to think it wouldn't be, but he felt like he had to check), Richard nods as Madam Clock checks that he's okay. It wasn't the first time he'd been teleported, but this was the first time it was done willingly and he was glad to see that it didn't feel quite as bad this way.

Pausing for a moment to sense the area for other magic, Richard grins at the suggestion they got going. He was one of those people that loved their job. "Alright! Let's do this."

Batcathat
2020-11-29, 05:53 AM
The rainforest bombarded Katharathasion's feline senses with what felt like a billion new sights, sounds and smells which in combination with a rather literal sensation of having been taken apart and put back together made for a supremely unpleasant experience. She would have thrown up if she had found a dignified way of doing so. "Marvelous. A construction site in the middle of the jungle. You do take me to some... unexpected places, Master Woodcroft."

As usual, Billy Woodcroft ignored her sarcasm. "Middle of the rainforest", he absentmindedly corrected her as he looked around.

"Do you know the difference?"

Billy thought for a moment. "This is... wetter?"

dangelo
2020-11-29, 06:57 PM
"It is wetter." Mister Locke's floating head follows the group, giving them directions. He asks Burr to "smell oil" to find the base.

"The secondary gate gives access to the barracks, one of many facilities in the base. My troops will storm the main gate soon, so security should lighten up over there."

Izzarra
2020-11-29, 10:25 PM
Burr (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CKBBpsD4knqsSrBf3A_XWYAMuxDAYObAuy3R7HTSUrw)
No conditions

Smell, Burr knows the word smell, there are lots of things to smell. She tilts her head not understanding what she is supposed to smell.

dangelo
2020-11-30, 04:38 PM
The phanton manifestation glances at the rest of the group, incapable of showing Burr a physical sample of what she's supposed to smell. "I did not foresee this. Anyone?"

RossN
2020-11-30, 04:54 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock glances at Mister Locke and then out the others. The British woman walks over to Katharathasion and Billy and smiles politely.

"Miss Katharathasion, I believe you are well versed in the glamour magics, the sorcery of illusion. Could you conjure the scent of motor oil for Miss Burr?"

Batcathat
2020-11-30, 05:30 PM
Kat rolled her eyes. "Should I use my ancient blessings from glorious Lord Kazolath to teach local children their ABCs while I am at it?" She saw Billy about to say something and sighed. "Very well."

An oil barrel suddenly seemed to appear in the air between Kat and the red lizardish creature, accompanied by a strong scent of motor oil. "Will this be all or should I just go ahead and make giant glowing arrows so everyone knows where we are going?"

"Oh, be nice." Billy smiled apologetically towards the others. "She means well." Kat glared at him. "Well, not really. But in her defense I think she's quite polite for a demon."

Volthawk
2020-11-30, 08:45 PM
Richard just shakes his head at Billy's apologies. "It's a demon. That's what its nature is - if you intend to keep using it, you need to understand that, and not bother expecting virtue from it."

DaOldeWolf
2020-11-30, 10:42 PM
"I am just glad to be here." Frankford replies in releief though trying to stay in the back. He was at least ready to call the appropiate companion according to the situation. Hopefully, things would go smoothly. He just had to be careful since he was still quite vulnerable himself.

Izzarra
2020-12-01, 12:42 AM
No conditions

The barrel seemingly materializing out of nowhere is scary and Burr almost vanishes from sight as the pigment in her normally red scales changes to match the colors around her.

Cautiously she approaches the thing, tongue flicking in and out. It smells like the large noisy things that lumber around without legs. Not good to eat.

Pointing a claw at the the barrel she says with a voice that sounds more like the chirp of a lizard or an exotic bird then a person "Find?"

dangelo
2020-12-01, 01:35 AM
The phantom head nods. "Remarkable! Yes, find."

Izzarra
2020-12-01, 02:53 AM
No conditions

Prowling off through the underbrush running quiet as a cat with her torso parallel to the ground and tail outstretched like some an ancient dinosaur Burr covers a mile zig zagging all over the forest after the scent before realizing that none of the others have even really moved from their position. She takes a more direct route back and stares at the others waiting for them to come.

Moving at Speed 7 of 8. Gone for 3 rounds.
Concealment (All Vision), Blending, Partial
Concealment (Hearing), Blending
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Batcathat
2020-12-01, 02:56 AM
"Oh, I am quite capable of both virtue and politeness in the right company, hunter." Kat's eyes narrowed. "I'm not the one wearing one of your kind as a fancy suit, after all. Though now that I think about it..."

"Don't think about it", Billy interrupted, before turning to Richard. "I'm well aware of what to expect, thank you."

Seandiggersby
2020-12-01, 09:02 AM
Lunaris was in the train station listening to the others conversations and sharpening his blade waiting for something to happen.

”Did you find anything?” he asks Burr.

Volthawk
2020-12-01, 10:32 AM
Richard sighs again in response to Kat's retort. "You can pretend, perhaps. I haven't found one of you that is truly good, and I don't expect I will."

Lunaris and Burr distract him from his verbal sparring, and he turns to look at Burr. "I suppose that means she's found it. Let's get going."

Batcathat
2020-12-01, 10:57 AM
"That's funny. I was about to say the same thing to you, human."

After pointedly ignoring his familiar, Billy nodded at Richard's second comment. "Indeed. It would only be polite to at least give the enemy a chance to tear us to shreds before we do it to each other."

dangelo
2020-12-01, 07:59 PM
The ghost slowly fades away, but his voice can still be heard. "I have set up a telepathic network so that you can communicate in any situation. Aside from that, you're officially on your own."

The small gate is a heavy steel door blocked by a password; a very low profile entrance, hidden by bushes and rocks that could be easily overlooked among the trees. There are soldiers watching the gate, all wearing camouflage and face paint and carrying assault rifles.

The moonlight shines over the military base's defenses, thick walls of concrete and metal raising above the wild jungle.

Someone calls for backup through the soldiers' radio and many of them rush inside with their weapons at hand. Two of them stay behind to watch the gate.

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-01, 08:56 PM
"Considering the situation, how should we handle this?" Frankford asks the rest hoping they could decide together what to do. He then adds the following trying to remind everyone of the objective. "We need to make this as silent as possible and attracting the least amount of attention."

RossN
2020-12-02, 01:20 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock looks thoughtful, her green eyes flicking back towards the moonlit guards in the distance. "I could perhaps cast the Eyes of Aion on one of their number, freezing him between the ticks of the clock. May one of you handle the other guard in similar fashion?"

Seandiggersby
2020-12-02, 01:48 PM
Lunaris chimes in. I'll be able to Sneak past them but sadly their isn't much I can to to help the rest of you, or take out the other guard

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-02, 08:19 PM
"I could try creating an illusion to lure the soldiers but I dont have a fast and decisive way to deal with with those soldiers." Frankford admits.

Izzarra
2020-12-03, 03:34 AM
No conditions

While the others speak lots of boring words, Burr considers which of the many animals that she can smell should she chase down and eat first.

Volthawk
2020-12-03, 06:53 AM
Richard shrugs. "Does taking him down hard and fast enough count?"

Batcathat
2020-12-03, 07:12 AM
Kat turned to Frankford. "One of us could create an illusion for Miss Lizard, the Moon Man and Sir Douchebag to hide behind until they get close enough to strike." She looked around. "What would be the most inconspicuous option here? Maybe some friendly, nonthreatening animal?"

Seandiggersby
2020-12-04, 07:31 AM
Lunaris thinks for a moment before speaking once an idea comes to him. ”There is one thing I can try to get us all past safely, I can dig a tunnel underground so that we can get past the guards”

Batcathat
2020-12-04, 04:55 PM
Kat made a sound that was half appreciation of the idea and half annoyance at not having thought of it herself. "That is not the most awful idea I have ever heard. Dead guards might worry the rest if they come back. Do your thing, Mole Elf." Kat looked at the guards with an expression cats usually save for mice. "I will keep them distracted."

It was a shame, really. She could have shown them a fire-breathing dragon. A thousand attacking warriors. A tornado of sharks. Whatever unthinkable things had haunted their childhood dreams. But alas, that might not really serve the purpose at hand. Another time. Instead, she settled for showing them a version of reality that was just a little tailored to her will. The gunfire grew a little louder, the explosions a little closer, seemingly shaking the ground itself.

Seandiggersby
2020-12-04, 05:01 PM
"This shouldn't take too long, it's best if we move quickly the longer we stay in one spot the more likely we are to bump into trouble" Lunaris moves behind a large rock to hide the entrance to the tunnel. Then he starts to channel moon magic shooting a small beam from his hand that drills through the ground beneath him leaving a hole behind him.

Izzarra
2020-12-04, 09:22 PM
No conditions

After initially hiding from the fantastical means of digging a hole Burr begins to understand the premise and happily joins in on the hole digging wondering what they are digging after. If they are digging there must be something tasty to dig up.

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-04, 11:38 PM
Frankford decides to wait since it seemed like the plan had been decided. And it was better this way since they seemed confident on taking the foes down quickly.

RossN
2020-12-05, 12:58 PM
Madam Clock

"Oh jolly good show Mr. Stevens," Madam Clock said in enthusiasm, smiling at the half elf. She turned to the cat demon and politely, if perhaps less enthusiastically (for the creature was rather beastly.) "And thank you too Miss Katharathasion."

The pretty British woman patiently waited, idly twirling her still folded parasol.

dangelo
2020-12-05, 01:06 PM
The party makes their way through the rich soil, the magic structures holding the dirt together. They find out that the walls of the base actually reach a few meters below ground surface, but Lunari's spell cuts through concrete with ease.

As they follow Lunaris, the muffled voices of the soldiers echoes through the tunnel.

"You heard it?"
"Yeah..."
"Shouldn't we go and help them?"
"No way. Our orders are to stay here."
"What if somebody dies?"
"Well, we're soldiers, aren't we?"
"..."
"What?"
"You're cold, man."
"Well, I'm honest, that I am."
"Still. We shouldn't be treated like cannon fodder. That's wrong."
"Climb your ranks, then. You got a lighter?"
"Here. But I mean it. We're people."
"Where are you going with it?"
"What?"
"What's your point?
"Nah. I'm just wondering. Forget about it."
"Uh?"
silence
"You're weird."

Lunaris eventually finds another concrete wall. When it crumbles into moonshine particles, they see a long room that's apparently one of the dorms.

"The recruits' dorm is the F-17." Mister Locke's voice can be heard in everyone's minds through the telepathy network. "You must find the place, then find somewhere to hide until you can capture them. According to my map, right now you're at A-42. You need to go up five floors. I'd recommend that you hurry."

"Up. Fast, but quiet. Hunting." The mage adds to Burr. Then he offers the lizard-woman a mental image of the letter "F", hoping that that would be enough.

Outside the dorm, they'll find an empty hallway with many doors that lead to similar rooms. Everyone's gathering at the main gate to defend the base, so the barracks are clear. Four hallways (about 15 rooms each) lead to a main common room with comfortable chairs, a TV and a pool table. There is an elevator and two different stairwells, one that goes up and one that goes even deeper below the ground.

Insight DC 20 to notice that one of the soldiers meant to talk about defecting. He is not one of your targets, though.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1a/49/82/1a498222b9c22bf00aaf9afdfbd26fc8.jpg
(but it's underground)

Izzarra
2020-12-05, 09:52 PM
No conditions

Hunt ... up? Burr takes the concept a little too literally and immediately jumps onto the ceiling of the room sticking there like some kind of giant gecko, scales changing color to blend in. Scampering around silent as a cat she looks for something to to eat on the ceiling. After a few seconds she has thoroughly inspected every aspect of the ceiling of the room and is disappointed at the lack of things to hunt.

Volthawk
2020-12-06, 02:37 PM
Huh. Someone's not happy with the decisions they made. Good to know, although Richard didn't see an immediate use for it. In any case, there were more immediate concerns. Pausing for a moment in the tunnel, he pulls back one of his coat's sleeves, revealing the Aegis, and puts his hand on it, speaking a single word. "Awaken." Hazy smoke envelops him, and the man that emerges is rather different. Jumping out of the tunnel, the warrior in black and gold starts walking towards the elevators.

"Let's go."

dangelo
2020-12-06, 10:10 PM
The elevator opens with an audible "ding". Designed to carry numerous soldiers and their gear, it's big enough for the whole group.

Izzarra
2020-12-06, 10:58 PM
No conditions

The elevator looks too much like the cage that Burr was placed in when she was captured. She does not want to go into it.

We do not know what will be on the other side of the elevator doors when it gets to the other floor. Stairs are a better choice, at least you can peak around corners.

Batcathat
2020-12-08, 05:02 AM
Despite fitting more comfortably into Lunaris' tunnel than anyone else, Kat had walked next to it, phasing through the earth. It was a matter of principle, even if she couldn't quite explain what principle or how it applied.

An elevator would do nicely though, being carried to a destination while sitting gracefully appealing to her nature as both demon and pseudo-cat. She stepped into the elevator – closely followed by Billy – but moments later the elevator once again looked empty, its passengers hidden behind an illusion of the elevator.

RossN
2020-12-08, 03:01 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock coughed politely. "I fear Miss Burr may be at an emotional disadvantage in the elevator. Shall we perhaps consider the stairs?"

The Englishwoman reached out a lace gloved hand and petted Burr on the arm. "Never fear Miss Burr, remember you are among friends."

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-08, 10:13 PM
Frankford nods. He followed through withut much complining, being used to harsh and unpleasent conditions for moving. He would have preferred to just follow through the elevator but he knew he should help those going through the stairs "In that case, why dont we divide our forces? Half of us go through the elevator and the other half goes using the stairs. those capable of moving fast can go through the stairs and those without can use the elevator." He makes the suggestion thinking about continuing the infiltration going.

Seandiggersby
2020-12-09, 07:44 AM
”That isn’t too bad of an idea. I’ll take the stairs then, I can conceal myself to quickly scout ahead without being seen”

Batcathat
2020-12-09, 09:30 AM
"Very well", said Kat as she stepped through the illusion and walked over to the elevator controls. "Shall we postpone the group hugs until later and get going?" She reached out with her tail and pushed the button for the correct floor before going back behind the image of emptiness.

Even though Kat just pushed the button, lets assume the elevator door closes right after everyone who wants to have gotten in.

Izzarra
2020-12-10, 01:07 AM
No conditions

Burr's tail happily swishes back and forth in response to being petted.

dangelo
2020-12-10, 04:32 AM
Madam Clock, Burr and Lunaris all go through the fire doors and into the poorly lit stairwell. The place is clear except for half a dozen rats gathering under the stairs, squeaking around and disputing some tasty piece of garbage.

When they finally reach the 4th floor, before opening the fire door, both Lunaris and Burr feel like something's wrong. She suddenly smells ten different people right on the other side of the door, even though no one was supposed to be there. At the same time, even spying through the crack of the door, Lunaris sees a bunch of soldiers hanging in the common room. They're all geared up, but never joined the fight.

Meanwhile, the elevator group enjoys a very boring jazz song that keeps playing in a loop.

Izzarra
2020-12-10, 10:25 PM
No conditions

Tongue flicking as she smells the air Burr detects that there are several hoomans on the other side of the door.

Are they hunting hoomans? Burr is confused, hoomans get angry when she tries to hunt hoomans.

While pacing back and forth in front of the door she anxiously looks back and forth between the door and her pack unsure of what she should do.

RossN
2020-12-11, 07:25 AM
Madam Clock

"Is anything wrong?" Madam Clock whispers, her green eyes glancing from Miss Burr to Mr Lunaris. Seeing Miss Burr was particularly tense she gave her reptilian comrade a reassuring smile.

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-11, 12:23 PM
Frankford decides its time to get ready for whatever they could find on their way to the top. "I think I will summon some assistance, please stay calm" he requests. A black aura starts to emerge from and surround Frankford. "Oh! My shadow. The one always behind me. Take shape and join me in battle. " The aura slowly centers on his right hand. He then lowers himself and touches his shadow with the black aura. "Shadolf, I ask you to appear before me!" From his shadow, a brown wolf emerges. Shadolf jumps once in surprise as he sees the rest on the elevator.

dangelo
2020-12-11, 07:30 PM
"Maybe we should not be doing this."
"Shut up! We had enough. And we're not gonna kill ourselves in this stupid move."

Seandiggersby
2020-12-15, 12:31 PM
"there are some soildiers in there. Calm down burr, it's alright we can take them if it comes down to a fight." Lunaris says in a hushed voice.

dangelo
2020-12-15, 02:22 PM
Ding! The elevator opens up at the F floor.
"Did you call it?"
"No, did you?"
The soldiers look at each other. "Send it back to the first floor."

One of them calmly gets up and heads to the elevator.

Volthawk
2020-12-15, 06:28 PM
As the soldier approaches the elevator, Richard makes his move, stepping out of the illusion and appearing in front of the man in all his armoured glory to grab the man's arm and survey the others before speaking. "You are outmatched. Surrender." As he speaks, he draws upon the Aegis, projecting an almost palpable aura of menace to back up his words.

Using Intimidate to Coerce the group into not fighting, using Ultimate Skill to spend a VP to make the roll an instant 20 for a total of 35 (opposed by Will or Insight) before any applicable circumstance bonus or penalty.

dangelo
2020-12-15, 08:24 PM
The soldiers all pick up their assault rifles, but get too frightened to fight. Their hands start shaking, their voices start cracking. All of them except one, who looks unaffected by the Aegis. He looks straight at Richard.

"Nice trick, Falkestone. But that illusion is not yours, is it? What are you doing here?"

The man is apparently a normal soldier.

Volthawk
2020-12-15, 10:49 PM
That was an unexpected detail. Switching focus from the now deal with soldiers, Richard looks at the man confronting him. The face wasn't familiar, but that didn't mean much - Falkestone hunters had operated for long enough that this person may have just come across an old record of them, or could've clashed with one of his predecessors. The man may not be a demon himself, going off what his senses told him, but their followers were always a problem, and in a group like this it wouldn't surprise him to find those types festering in the ranks.

"Oh, isn't it? Who are you, then, who knows who I am and what I am capable of?

dangelo
2020-12-16, 01:54 AM
"We were expecting your visit." He says with a sarcastic smile. "To be honest, we thought you were involved in the weird attack. I guess it was just a decoy?"

"I'm warning you, Falkestone." He grabs something inside the many pockets on his vest. "I don't expect you to end your crusade, but trust me: you don't have what it takes to take us down. Retreat is your best option right now."

Batcathat
2020-12-16, 06:31 AM
After activating the Loving Embrace of Cananoz – its protective field creating ripples in the air around him – Billy stepped through the illusion. "You know, I'm kind of jealous about the big bad demon hunter getting such a warm welcome. I'll have to make sure you remember me for the future."

Kat remained behind, focusing her mind on the talkative soldier. Let's see who you are, shall we?

Kat attempts to read the mind of the mysterious soldier. The power is Subtle, so he probably won't notice.

[roll0]

dangelo
2020-12-16, 07:28 AM
When Kat taps into the man's mind, she finds out that it's completely idle, as if he was sleeping or unconscious.
After studying the phenomenon for a moment, she realizes there's another "mind" projected inside his, as if someone was using him as a puppet.

Still, puppetmaster or not, no mortal could hide their desires from her. Kat manages to pick up a hint of insecurity in his emotions... "Too late, Falkenstone"? More like "You better be too late, Falkenstone, or my demon bosses are gonna punish me for this." Something really needs to go as planned.

Batcathat
2020-12-16, 08:08 AM
Kat spoke through the team's mental link. There's even less going on in this guy's head than in Falkestone's. He's a puppet.

Then she turned her attention back to the puppet soldier and tried following the psychic track to his master.

No idea if mind read can be used like this. If it can't, we'll just assume that Kat tried and failed.
[roll0]

Whoops. That's a d2. New roll in new post.

Batcathat
2020-12-16, 08:09 AM
Let's hope I roll the right die this time...

[roll0]

Volthawk
2020-12-16, 08:21 AM
Richard nods to Billy as he appears, turning his attention back to the man when Kat's message gets to him. That explains why he looks like any other soldier, then. "I clearly intimidated you enough that you couldn't face me in person. Talk to me yourself, not through a puppet, and perhaps you'll have more luck."

RossN
2020-12-16, 06:01 PM
Stairs Group

Madam Clock

Madam Clock nods thoughtfully at Mr. Lunaris's words. "I see. Well in that case Mr. Lunaris, Miss Burr I suggest we go in and face them. At least we know what we are dealing with."

The Englishwoman moves to open the door and does (unless stopped by Lunaris or Burr.)

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-16, 11:23 PM
Frankford stays quiet and decides to ask telepathically Shadolf to step outside while he stays inside for safety. He takes the chance to command it to wield its shadow against the "possessed" soldier. Shadolf´s shadow emerges from the ground and the tendrils try to entangle the soldier.

Using the snare function of the shadow power to try to capture the controlled soldier.

Izzarra
2020-12-16, 11:28 PM
No conditions

With her scaly hide blending into the background Burr hides behind Madam Clock's legs unsure of what she should do.

Seandiggersby
2020-12-17, 09:31 AM
”It might be best for us to go in quietly to get the drop on them, can you stay undetected. If not maybe let me and burr go in first to surprise them” Lunaris whispers to madam clock. Then he uses moon magic to blend in with his surroundings.

dangelo
2020-12-18, 02:03 PM
Shadolf's shadow reaches the soldier and immediately pins him to the ground, but he doesn't look worried about that.

"Is that a new trick, Falkestone? You wanna talk to me face to face, but you're bringing your friends? Fine, then. Let's do it."

A wisp of smoke comes out of the soldier's mouth and ears just as he suddenly falls unconscious on the floor.

Richard (with his special demon senses) and Kat (who is tracking the creature's mind) notice the smoke dissipating across the room and being inhaled by the nine remaining soldiers who were just now hiding away from Richard.

They all get up with their assault rifles pointed at Richard, speaking in unison: "Now, Falkestone, be gone! There's nothing you can do here!"

The nine voices all speak in perfectly coordination before opening fire. They all squeeze their triggers, unleashing a barrage of gunfire against the Armored Hunter.

Richard and Frankford each receive a Hero Point; their powers should've worked if it wasn't for the smoke demon's trick;

The soldiers make two team checks (rolls (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24850867&postcount=1))
Richard gets 3 degrees of failure (-1 on toughness, staggered condition) (rolls (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24850872&postcount=2))

Batcathat
2020-12-18, 06:00 PM
With a thought, Kat dropped the illusion of the empty elevator and instead created a one-way mirror in front of the enemy, hopefully blocking their sight but not her allies'.

Volthawk
2020-12-18, 06:33 PM
The hail of bullets caught Richard by surprise a little. Sure, they were all still armed, but they were in no state to fight and his senses hadn't picked up on any demons, so the rapid mass possession allowing the soldiers to start shooting much quicker than expected took him a little by surprise - not for long, but just long enough for more bullets to land than otherwise might. While he stayed where he stood and didn't allow the gunfire to force him back, the shooting hurt him. His transformed state may be tougher and more heavily armoured than a normal man, but it still wasn't bulletproof.

The illusion gives him a moment's respite before he's moving again, launching out through the mirror to strike the closest possessed soldier with a chain of precise and powerful strikes, taking advantage of any gaps in their defences - one thing he'd learned to rely on was that most demons valued their powers over more mundane training, so sometimes a technical approach paid dividends. He should be able to thin the herd before the next burst, and when they fire they'll be focused on him rather than the others.

Going to use Masterful Strikes (Richard's lighter attack) with a +2/-2 Power Attack. Since they're minions, attacks are routine hitting at 18.
If that hits the closest soldier, they have to check against a DC 23 Toughness check or become incapacitated and a DC 23 Will check or become defenceless and immobilised.
If they fail against the Toughness check and become incapacitated, Takedown 2 allows Richard to move to the next one and make another attack from the top, until one doesn't go down or he runs out of movement (he has 120ft of movement so at these ranges that's probably not going to happen).

EDIT: Using Extra Effort, taking Action from the list and using it on another attack,
This time, going to use Channeled Smashes (Richard's heavier attack) with a +5/-5 Power Attack since they're defenceless. Since they're minions, attacks are routine hitting at 11 which hits a defenceless target, so they have to check against a DC 30 Toughness check or become incapacitated and a DC 30 Fortitude check or become prone and stunned.
If they fail against the Toughness check and become incapacitated, Takedown 2 allows Richard to move to the next one and make another attack from the top, until one doesn't go down or he runs out of movement (he has 120ft of movement so at these ranges that's probably not going to happen). However, the later attacks are done normally, routine attacking for a result of 16 and with DC 25 Tough/Fort checks, as I won't be power attacking there and the targets aren't defenceless.

Izzarra
2020-12-18, 10:35 PM
Dodge, Perry, & Will: 6
Fortitude & Toughness: 10
Impervious to damage rank 4 or less
No conditions

Boomsticks, Burr knows the smell of these things, hoomans have chased her with them before. They make loud noises and cause pain.

Friend say not hurt hoomans, but these hoomans are hurting her hoomans. It is very confusing.

Burr decides she will protect her humans, with two bounds she puts herself in front of the enemy hissing and spraying toxins from her venom glands.

Poison Spray: Affliction 5 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Area (Cone), Diminished Area (15 ft)

dangelo
2020-12-19, 12:13 AM
Richard's armored fists hit the soldiers like a hammer, throwing them against the walls and over one another. Suddenly, a particularly capable soldier makes a surprise attack and almost catches him off guard.

Burr manages to intervene, coming out of nothing and taking the man by surprise. Her poison immediately takes him down and he falls on the floor having something similar to a seizure.

The F-17 door is violently opened and the other ten soldiers who were hiding away from battle swiftly come out of it, weapons at hand. "Go away, Falkestone! This is useless!" They repeat.

The party immediately identifies their targets among them; Six of those ten soldiers are planning to join the Cobra Unit.

Everyone except Richard and and Burr still has their action.
This is still block initiative, so the new soldiers are only going to attack next round.
Richard gets another Hero Point (one minion survived and attacked him from behind

RossN
2020-12-19, 08:46 PM
Madam Clock

"Oh well," Madam Clock sighed, "I suppose we shall have to get our hands dirty now."

Glancing at one of the soldiers the team intents to 'replace' the pretty Englishwoman opens her fob watch and winds it, murmuring a spell in ancient Greek as she does so. As the magic begins to take effect a faint but clear ticking sound can be heard and she has a faint amber aura around her...

OOC:
Eyes of Aion [Ranged Affliction 8, (time freeze; Resisted and Overcome by Will; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)]

dangelo
2020-12-19, 11:10 PM
[roll0] Soldier's will

The man slowly becomes a statue, freezed in place by Madam Clock's magic.

Seandiggersby
2020-12-20, 07:19 AM
"I was hoping to be a little bit more sneaky than this but I guess it can't be helped" Lunaris emits a Cone of moon light from his blade, trying to take care of as many soldiers as possible.

Moon burst: damage 8, area cone, secondary effect

dangelo
2020-12-20, 08:46 AM
Because of how many people are engaging the enemies up close, Lunaris only manages to catch five of the remaining nine in his attack. They are blown away by the moon light.

Only 3 soldiers remaining;
Rolls (https://forums.giantitp.com/showsinglepost.php?p=24853179&postcount=5)

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-22, 11:26 AM
Frankford decides to retry his strategy again with Shadolf. Mentally, he commands him to try snaring another of the soldiers. Since the illusion on the elevator has disappeared, he decides to look for cover for himself.

Shadolf is going to try to snare other of the remaining soldiers.

Batcathat
2020-12-22, 02:57 PM
The runes on Billy's gloves glowed softly as the Cruel Grip of Asthala activated, focused on the weapon of one of the soldiers.

Suddenly, everyone on Kat's side appeared to split into three identical versions of themselves (though careful examination might conclude that the doubles of Falkestone and Billy were slightly caricatured).

Billy attempt to use Move Object on one of the soldiers' weapons, smashing it into another soldier's face. [roll0]

Kat is creating two illusionary copies of everyone on her side, with the copies mimicing the action of their real counterparts.

dangelo
2020-12-22, 05:05 PM
"It's useless!" The soldiers all say as they fall one by one. Shadolf successfully immobilizes the first one, and the second one falls unconscious immediately after his ally's rifle butt hits him in the face.

The demon slips out of the soldier's bodies again, almost invisible. That wisp of smoke suddenly becomes more thick and visible, expanding in an amorphous cloud before turning into a barely humanoid shape. The dark clouds outline the creature's physical traits from the torso up, like some sort of 10-feet tall hellish djinn. Occasional purple lightnings spark inside it's gaseous body and the same light shines out of it's hollow eyes.

"I am Astormoth, lord of storms. I will take your bodies and tear you apart from the inside, as I have done to kings and men alike since the beginning of time. This is your last warning." It points it's cloudy finger at the party. "You are not to interfere with the affairs of this 'Cobra' organization."

Volthawk
2020-12-26, 07:31 PM
While his transformed and armoured state doesn't have a visible face to judge from, Richard's body language makes it pretty obvious that the demon's words and threats mean nothing to him. His training and experiences had left him pretty unfazable against threats like this, so he doesn't hesitate to engage the demon now it's in one convenient place rather than pulling possession tricks, charging in with a barrage of blows that left him open to counterattack but he hoped would leave the demon open to his allies to pile in.

Moving to the demon and attacking with Masterful Strikes, using All-Out Attack for -5 defence for +5 attack, and Power Attack for -4 attack and +4 DC (overall effect being -5 defence for +5 DC), and then using a hero point to clear my earlier fatigue so I can use extra effort to Boost this turn (+2 attack, over the PL cap, in exchange for fatigue).
Attack: [roll0] (Multiattack, so +2 DC if defence is beaten by 2 DoS, +5 DC if beaten by 3DoS)
On a hit, DC 26 Toughness vs damage and 26 Will vs vulnerable+hindered/defenceless+immobilised.

Also Assessment: [roll1] opposed by his Deception roll (done secretly). Success tells me whether each of his attack and defence values are higher or lower than mine, every DoS giving one exact number, while failing with more than one degree lets you lie/exaggerate about them (hence the secret part, I suppose).

DaOldeWolf
2020-12-27, 03:39 PM
Frankford sighs in relief that they managed to take care of the immediate threat without any major injuries. It was at least a good start for the mission. Shadolf goes back to his side.

Batcathat
2020-12-31, 11:54 AM
"Little Astormoth, a lord of storms is of as much concern to me as the lord of an anthill." Kat took a deep breath. Boastful speeches was such a silly part of demonic culture but oh so much fun. "I am the Seventeenth Adumbration of the Impalpable Realm, the First Among Servants of Kazolath the Unyielding, the Beguiler of a Thousand and One Chumps and the Eternal Guardian of Woodcroft Manor. I am Katharathasion the Tempter and I have had hairballs trouble me more than you, little Astormoth."

Kat attempts to read Astormoth's mind, figuring out more about him and his plans.
[roll0]

RossN
2020-12-31, 06:08 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock raised a slender blonde eyebrow. Miss Katharathasion's bragging was not exactly polite but she rather suspected the feline fiend had a plan.

The Englishwoman primly prepared herself to go into battle if needed as she awaited the demon's reaction.

Izzarra
2021-01-01, 09:38 PM
No conditions

Pacing back and forth, hissing, with scales standing on end, Burr is unsure of what to do, everyone was fighting and now they are not.

dangelo
2021-01-03, 01:32 PM
Astormoth inflates, opening his arms and exposing his chest to receive Richard's multiple strikes. The man-shaped storm endures both Kat's speech and the barrage of attacks with a straight "face", ready to retaliate with even more titles and sobriquets; But each blow delivered by the armored hunter creates a lightning inside the creature's body, his back pushed against the wall.

The demonraises his voice in a painful scream, trying to expand his body into an autocummulus but being kept at bay by Richard. The room starts to shake, the air becomes agitated, a faint crack can be heard outside of the building.

A lightning strikes the F-17, crossing the skies and taking the combatants by surprise. A brilliant spark of pure white comes along with a deafening thunderclap, an enormous thunderbolt destroying the side of the building and setting it on fire. A large hole was made on the wall, and the whole base can be seen as well as the battle raging on the gates.

The demon's scream is indistinguishable from the thunderclap, and Kat is sure that he is still around, as she's still picking up on his thoughts. He appeared to have assumed a thinner form, gaseous but not cloudy, and is concealed in the ongoing rain.

Everyone is Dazed for a round.
Everyone gets a Hero Point for the complication.
Characters with accurate hearing are Dazed for the rest of the scene and get two hero points.

RossN
2021-01-07, 03:01 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock gasps, stumbling from the shock of the light and defeaning assault on her eardrums. The pretty blonde Englishwoman shakes her head trying to regain her senses.

"Is everyone alright?" she practically screams, barely able to hear her own voice.

dangelo
2021-01-08, 09:13 AM
Among the debris and burned walls, your six targets are all laying unconscious on ground.
You can now hear all the shooting and exploding. The lightning destroyed most of the wall, it's basically open from base to top.

Inside the storm, about 90 feet away from the building, the demon's humanoid shape can be seen. The natural storm seems to be regenerating him.

Izzarra
2021-01-10, 12:59 AM
Hero Points: 2
No conditions

Burr tires to hide between Madam Clock's legs and cover her ears.

Batcathat
2021-01-10, 03:35 PM
Acting on hopefully heroic but usually unthinking instinct, Billy triggered the Cruel Grip of Asthala once more and moments later sent a large piece of what used to be the wall flying at Astormoth.

"Throw Falkestone next", Kat suggested. "He's denser than any stone."

Move Object on a large piece of debris, sending it straight for Astormoth. [roll0]
Potential damage rank: 6.

dangelo
2021-01-10, 04:16 PM
Astormoth swings his arm around and a lighting strikes the piece of wall, breaking it in a million pieces. (Miss!) The thunderclap seems to end in an evil laughter.

Volthawk
2021-01-10, 05:51 PM
Seeing the demon try to escape and heal itself, Richard shakes his head, the thunderclap dazing him but not stopping him. "This isn't over." Focusing for a moment despite the ringing in his ears, Richard channels the power of the Aegis and leaps to the sky towards the demon, attempting to grab it and swing around to use his strength and momentum to throw it back down to earth with some force, before he drops himself. It was another risky move that left him open if it went wrong, but it was the only option he could see.

Spending a HP to clear fatigue before using extra effort with extraordinary effort for a power stunt plus boost, using a new version of Channelled Smash:
Damage 10 (Strength-based), linked Affliction 10 (Dazed+Impaired/Stunned+Defenceless; Extra Condition, Limited Degree), linked Move Object (Close) 10; Leaping 4
(losing Cumulative and Affects Insubstantial for 14 points that are spend on Move Object (10) and Leaping 4 (4), and also switching the Prone part of Affliction with Defenceless since I'm not sure Prone really makes sense fluffwise against a flyer like this)

Taking a charge action to move and attack in the same action (since we're dazed), taking -2 from charging, using +5/-5 All-Out Attack and +1/-1 Power Attack and getting +2 from Boost.
Attack: [roll0]
On a hit, DC 26 Toughness against damage and 21 Fortitude against the Affliction, and DC 21 Strength check vs being propelled distance rank (10 - his mass rank) towards the others.

He's then down to exhausted, and is at -5 defence until his next turn.

RossN
2021-01-10, 06:18 PM
Madam Clock

"Golly!" Madam Clock said, struggling to maintain hold of her ladylike language under the circumstances. The time magician felt like her brain had been turned into soft cheese by the sound and noise and it was with difficulty that she clutched her pocket watch in one trembling hand and recited a spell.

A nimbus of amber hued energy of pure time appeared around the Englishwoman and hurtled out towards the demon...

Curse of Atropos [Magic Spell, Ranged Damage 8]

Attack: [roll0]

DaOldeWolf
2021-01-11, 02:41 PM
Frankford orders Shaddolf to stay by his side. He didnt expect the solid shadow attacks of Shadolf to have any effect so he decides to command it to hide in the shadows.

Using the concealment part of his power to hide in the shadows.

Seandiggersby
2021-01-12, 12:12 PM
Lunaris follows Frankford's lead and concealls himself too. Lunaris then moves closer to the demon about 40ft to the left of the demon.

concealment 10(all senses), blending

dangelo
2021-01-12, 07:55 PM
Terribly weakened and tossed back into the building, the demon is getting smaller and denser as he is hurt. Now looking a tad less intimidating, Astormoth screams in rage and agony.

"How dare you..!" His voice echoes. "That's it... I will make you suffer. Don't you defy me."

The big dark cloudy man vanishes in the wind and splits himself in five smaller copies of his larger physical form.
"This isn't even my final form!"

DaOldeWolf
2021-01-15, 08:28 PM
Frankford decides to help by ordering Shadolf to use the entangle attack again. Hopefully to reduce the enemy´s options. Shadolf emerges from the shadow and tries to entangle the demons.

Trying to use entangle again to capture at least one fiend.

Batcathat
2021-01-18, 06:36 AM
Among clouds of dust, another piece of the broken wall flew into the air, hurled at one of the seemingly ever changing enemies.

Meanwhile, Kat looked around the battle field, yawned and focused on the air in front of Burr. Suddenly, a small cartoonish version of the lizard-person appeared in front of the real thing and attacked equally caricatured versions of their enemies. Just in case, Kat also added giant arrows pointing towards the real demons. "There. Go fetch."

Move Object on another piece of debris, aimed at one of the demons. [roll0]

Seandiggersby
2021-01-18, 07:09 AM
Lunaris moves into a position where he can hit as many of the smaller demons as he can with his moon burst.

Moon burst: damage 8, area cone, secondary effect
Dc 18 dodge followed by either a dc 19 toughness if they succeed or dc 23 of they fail

Izzarra
2021-01-20, 12:27 AM
Hero Points: 2
No conditions

Examining the funny lights that appear in front of her, Burr does not know what to make of them. Upon hear the word "Fetch" she looks around but nobody throws anything.

Volthawk
2021-01-24, 11:29 AM
This was the downside of his plan. Richard may have gotten the demon back into the fray, but now he was the one stuck far away from where the battle was starting up again. Breaking into a run despite the fatigue he was feeling from pushing himself so much already, he makes his way back to the side of the building, starting to make his way back to the others.

Exhaustion from last turn's extraordinary effort means Richard is at -1 speed rank, presuming this also applies to Leaping.
Move action to get 60/120ft closer to the wall - former if I fail a DC 15 Athletics check: [roll0] (should have been 12, but fail either way), latter if I succeed.
Second move action to move to the wall if I failed the check, or leaping 15ft up if I succeeded.

RossN
2021-01-25, 04:56 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock bent down in front of Burr and pointed at the demon. "Bite?" she suggested, hoping the scaly woman would understand that word at least.

dangelo
2021-01-25, 08:43 PM
Shadolf successfully binds one of the human-sized copies of the creature made of smoke, but it simply vanishes in thin air. That specific copy then turns into a whirlwind and the gale fills the entire room.

Frankford gets a Hero Point
Everyone in the room must succeed an Athletics check (DC 18) or the wind will knock them Prone (you can still get up and move properly)

Billy successfully hits the creature with the piece of debris, but it quickly turns into a small tornado, making the concrete spin around it's cloudy shape and go flying straight at Richard.

Complication: "Oops! I didn't mean that!"
Kat gets a Hero Point
[roll0]

Complication: Illiterate
Burr gets a Hero Point

Lunaris' spell is enough to vaporize two of the demon's copies in a single blast, the third one just barely escaping. It then quickly possesses one of the soldiers, who immediately gets up and tries to jump out the "window". It's one if your six targets, who you're supposed to replace in order to infiltrate the cobra unit.

Izzarra
2021-01-26, 03:16 AM
Hero Points: 3
No conditions

Burr looks at the bad guys then back Madam Clock, her expression conveying the notion of: "Are you sure I can do that? You are not going to yell at me are you?"

With a twitch of her legs she leaps to the possessed soldier that is trying to get away. Her tail lashes out to try to constrict the man.

Burr has Slithering movement so being prone does not really have much effect. Also she was already crouching close to the ground. Here is a roll just in case
Athletics: [roll0]

Grab: [roll1]
Strength score for Grab & Hold is 8

Improved Grab
Improved Hold

dangelo
2021-01-26, 07:18 PM
Burr pounces the man into the ground with all her predator ferocity; when he hits the floor, however, the wisp of smoke shoots itself out of his mouth, leaving the man unconscious again.

It tries to get away, keeping it's gaseous form but flying really slow. It just makes it's way 5 feet away from the ledge.

The two other copies still "alive".

Complication: It's getting away!
Burr gets a Hero Point

Volthawk
2021-01-26, 07:26 PM
At the base of the wall up to the room, Richard starts jumping, leaping from ledge to ledge as he makes his way back up to the fight.

Two Leaping moves to get up to 30ft high on the wall.

dangelo
2021-01-27, 09:23 PM
Richard is now only 30 feet directly below the wisp of smoke that's trying to get outside again.

Batcathat
2021-01-30, 12:21 PM
Another piece of debris floated into the air. "I think I'm getting good at this", Billy said with a smile as he launched it.

"Sure." Kat briefly looked up from cleaning herself feline style. "You're a regular Billhelm Tell."

Move Object, throw boulder, etc. [roll0]

Volthawk
2021-02-01, 07:47 AM
Still jumping from ledge to ledge, Richard sees the demon start to leave and makes one final leap, landing next to his enemy to deliver another burst of strikes - not quite as powerful as before, fatigue and the awkward situation leaving him open to counterattack, but hopefully enough.

Using All-Out Attack (-5 defence/+5 attack) to counter the -2 from exhaustion and -2 from charging and trading the last +1 attack for +1 DC with Power Attack.
Attack: [roll0] (Multiattack - beating defence by 2/3 DoS adds 2/5 DC)
On hit, DC 22 Toughness vs Damage and DC 22 Will vs Affliction (hindered+vulnerable/defenceless+immobile).
Richard has -5 defence until next turn.

dangelo
2021-02-01, 08:43 AM
When Richard closes his fist around the tiny wisp of smoke, the remaining copies immediately stop moving and slowly fade away; as it seems, Richard took down the "main one".

"You better be determined to go through with this, Hunter...!" It's creepy voice can still be heard, faintly emanating from the thread of smoke in Richard's hands."You're making serious enemies... Kill me, then! And you shall meet me in the depths of the abyss after my lord has destroyed you!"

Seandiggersby
2021-02-01, 09:04 AM
Lunaris moves up to one of the remaining copies and slashes at it with his moon blade before retreating backwards.

Damage 8, linked with affliction(impared, disabled, incapacitated, resisted by parry), cummulative
[roll0] on hit dc 23 toughness, dc 18 parrt

Move by action to back uo after attacking

dangelo
2021-02-01, 09:26 AM
The moon elf finishes the job, leaving the creature completely vulnerable. Outside, the storm gradually calms down.
Now, all what is left from Astormoth is the pathetic pulsing thread of smoke.

Volthawk
2021-02-02, 06:31 PM
Richard is unfazed by the demon's words. "My bloodline has made worse enemies than you already. Your masters do not scare me." He looks over at the others. "Anything any of you would like to say before I destroy this thing?"

Batcathat
2021-02-03, 03:26 AM
Kat looked towards what remained of the other demon, smirking as much as her feline face allowed. "As much as I do enjoy listening to threats against Falkebone's life, I probably should ask..." She focused both her gaze and her mind on Astormoth. "Who. Is. Your. Master?"

Mind Reading: [roll0]

dangelo
2021-02-03, 09:41 PM
"I... don't... know..." The fiend struggles, but Kat's spell finally breaks him. "We were assembled by a creature that was made of pure darkness. It is stronger than any of us. We had no choice but to bend. Not even the leaders of this Cobra organization are aware of this-"
"Stop this immediately! Lesser beings penetrating my mind... I will be summoned again, Hunter, even if it takes several generations, I will be back to end you all!"

Volthawk
2021-02-04, 07:37 AM
"You will try, and you will fail once again." With that, Richard crushes what remains of the demon in his hands, before turning to the others. "Now then. We have a mission to complete."

dangelo
2021-02-04, 10:15 AM
The demon's core shatters like glass, releasing a cold blast of wind all across the room. A faint scream can be head, like wind passing through a keyhole, before it vanishes completely. The storm that raged on outside just a second ago starts to dissipate rather quickly. The fight at the gates seems to be coming to an end, too.

Izzarra
2021-02-05, 03:06 AM
No conditions

With her tail wrapping around the unconscious man like a constrictor snake Burr opens her mouth and two sharp fangs unfold as she prepares to bite into the man. Right before she is about to pierce the skin she pauses with mouth open and looks at Madam Clock checking to see if she in going to be yelled.

RossN
2021-02-05, 04:50 PM
Madam Clock

Madam Clock shakes her head. "Uh, thank you Miss Burr but I believe you can let him go."

The Englishwoman nods at Richard's words. "I quite agree, let's carry on shall we?"

dangelo
2021-02-08, 07:26 AM
You can all hear Mister Locke's voice in your heads once again (including Burr, whether she understands him or not): "Oh, marvelous. I think they finally figure out that the attack was an illusion. Took them long enough. Battle's over!"
"Now, look at your shapeshifting belt and you should find a very big red button. Remember: after the dna sample is analyzed, you will have to press it. Press the red button. Clear? It's very important that you get that part: you have to press the red button. It won't work otherwise. It's red, just there, press it when you wanna activate it and press it again to suspend the effect. The big red button. Please everyone acknowledge that you're aware of the red button."

Volthawk
2021-02-10, 11:13 AM
"Your condescension is noted. I see it." Whispering a second word into the Aegis, Richard turns to look at the unconscious soldiers as his transformed form flakes away and reveals him as he normally is. "Let's get on with this."

DaOldeWolf
2021-02-10, 08:38 PM
"Yes, but where should we head to next?" Frankford asks a bit unsure of the situation since they could be on their way on being discovered.

Izzarra
2021-02-11, 12:44 AM
No conditions

After Madam Clock tells her not to bite the man Burr pulls back, her fangs folding up against the roof of her mouth, but doesn't set him down yet. When Mister Locke speaks she looks around trying to figure out where the voice is coming from.

Volthawk
2021-02-11, 12:53 AM
Richard nudges one of the unconscious soldiers with his foot. "Our targets are among this lot. Find your target and scan them."

Seandiggersby
2021-02-11, 06:49 AM
”Yes, yes I see the button, it’s pretty hard to miss” Lunaris says with a sigh. He then goes to scan one of them.

dangelo
2021-02-11, 03:06 PM
Your targets are easily located as they have their names written on their uniforms. Through the hole you can see some movement; the troops will eventually return to their dorms.
"You have three hours before the time your targets were supposed to meet our suspect. Then you'll be taken to their base - all we need is it's location."

When activated, the shapeshifting belt works instantly and quietly. No sound or visual effects: you blink and it's there.

Volthawk
2021-02-19, 09:15 AM
After confirming the Aegis is still there, but hidden away, Richard looks down at the unconscious soldiers, and then out at the hole the demon made, then back at the others. "So...how are we explaining all of this?"

dangelo
2021-02-19, 10:43 AM
You notice a lot of movement down in the first floor. You have several minutes until the other soldiers get there, but no more than that.

Judging by the place's infrastructure and the size and number of dorms, it's plausible to assume that it houses 40~ men per floor, which sums up to 240~

Scene: Dealing with the trashed room.

Once you have dealt with that (even if you just ignore it) we shall proceed to the next scene: meeting with the Cobra guy.

Batcathat
2021-02-19, 04:26 PM
"Leave that to those of us who have skills other than smashing things apart, hunter", Kat said, almost purring. She looked around at the wrecked room and fallen enemies for a few seconds and between one moment and the next everything seemed to be back to normal.

No broken wall, no signs of struggle and all bodies strategically hidden by illusionary furniture. The reinforcements might wonder why a couch had been moved into the middle of the room, but they would presumably wonder more about the unconscious body it was hiding.

So yeah, an illusion (including all senses) to cover up every sign that something's wrong. As per dangelo's suggestion Kat's putting in some extra effort into power stunting the illusion into lasting without her input.

DaOldeWolf
2021-02-19, 08:07 PM
"I can also help with the correct summon out with the illusion if any assistance is required"Frankford replies as he prepares to begin the belt´s capabilities.

Izzarra
2021-02-20, 12:00 AM
No conditions

Burr hops back over to the others still holding the unconscious man in the python like grip of her tail, with no comprehension of what the red button is or the necessity of pushing it.

dangelo
2021-02-20, 02:16 AM
"Please, not everyone has acknowledged the red button. I need an answer: Do. You. See. The. Button. It's- it's right there. Red, big button. It's um, it's the one button, you should see a red button if you look down. Go ahead, look down, at the red thing- you're wearing it, you should be wearing it, right, a big red button."

The funny voice kept babbling uninteresting stuff. From Burr's point of view no one's concealed at all, including the unconscious guys.

Batcathat
2021-02-23, 02:14 AM
Kat tilted her head and spoke to no one in particular. "Should we be worried that he's that particular about people noticing his big red buttons?"

Seandiggersby
2021-02-23, 11:29 AM
"probably but we have bigger things to worry about right now" Lunaris says jokingly to kat

dangelo
2021-02-23, 03:02 PM
Locke sighs through the telepathic link.
"Just make sure the lizard knows what she's doing. I can give the instructions about the button again."

Izzarra
2021-02-24, 01:57 AM
No conditions

Burr sits on the ground and scratches the back of her neck with the claws on her foot.

DaOldeWolf
2021-02-24, 01:34 PM
Frankford decides to first recall his companion back into his essence. "So, who wants to help the lizard?" Frankford asks unsureon how to deal with what is essentially a live sentient creature.

dangelo
2021-03-09, 03:26 PM
*Ding* The light indicated the elevator was moving. Dozens of tired soldiers were celebrating the victory on their way back to their dorms, singing and stomping loudly. When the door opened, they walked inside and threw their bags on the floor.

By that point, the group was safely hidden away in the room F-17. Apparently the soldiers you replaced just ignored a call to arms, and their comrades are not happy about it; They ignore you completely, and after an hour of celebration all of them are exhausted and back to sleep.

"Good. Now:" Mister Locke says. "You'll have to make your way to the hangar. It shouldn't be a problem, but make sure to move silently. The agent from the Cobra Unit will be there in two hours."

DaOldeWolf
2021-03-09, 10:54 PM
Frankford decides to call forth his wolf companion. Hopefully it would be the most helpful for working this stealthy situation. "We can lead the way if you guys want it. We might be more prepared to scout."

dangelo
2021-03-17, 06:38 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyEOfpE7dAyHhf_H5SrWFOofd6SeUqf 3nxUA&usqp=CAU

Moving as quietly as possible, Shadolf leads you down the stairway, running ahead of the group to make sure the way is clear.

With his help, Frankford finds a way down to a maintenance tunnel network. It interconnects the base's facilities, but requires extra caution to navigate.

After twenty minutes of careful scouting and sneaking, the group is taken by surprise by a loud, creepy noise. It's actually Burr, the adorable lizard, except she's hissing loudly and exposing her fangs, releasing a cloud of toxin on everyone before running off to a random direction.

From Burr's point of view, things were going pretty okay in that tunnel until a very specific thing made her alarm go off. It was a thing, a red thing with a very red smell. She wanted to find it and bite it and chew it and swallow the thing. Burr couldn't not expose her claws, her reptile lips twitching as she gnarled her way forward like the predator the was.

Burr disappears in the darkness, following a secondary tunnel to the opposite direction. She hisses and roars loudly; it's only a matter of time before she's found and attacked.

Burr is Controlled [Chemical] and receives a Hero Point for the complication.
She just used two move actions to go after the thing. ([roll0]
We're doing this challenge over a single combat round: you only have one round to catch Burr before something worse happens. Your disguises are still working.

DaOldeWolf
2021-03-19, 09:15 PM
"Shaddolf, up and center. We should be careful. Our companion seems to have gone haywire. I could try to snare it with Shaddolf. WHat do you guys think about it?" He asks wanting to see opinions before even trying to jump into action.