PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon In Forgotten Realms

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 12:50 AM
I just thought of something what if Pokemon crossover in the Forgotten Realms universe? Many of you will be asking, why would Pokemon be crossing over to the Forgotten Realms Universe? Well for a few reasons to be exact. The Monsters in the Forgotten Realms and Pokemon share the same similarities such as the Gold Dragon and Dragonite are dragons. Plus Pokemon are considered monsters themselves. Pokemon will assist adventurers and battle other monsters such as Beholder and of course other Pokemon. So what are your thoughts about it? I'll love to hear your comments on it. :biggrin:

Traab
2020-11-29, 11:39 AM
It depends on how they include the fluff as to how dangerous they will be. Some pokemon going by the pokedex should literally kill everything within a square mile of them just by existing. Moltres is a living catastrophe as it spreads burning embers everywhere it goes with each flap of his wings. Forest fires galore. Machamp is supposedly capable of literally moving mountains. Thats gotta be a str stat of 50+. And that doesnt even take into account the legendaries that have total control over fundamental aspects of reality such as space and time. If they stick by general displayed behavior in the anime they become far more reasonable in power levels.

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 02:08 PM
It depends on how they include the fluff as to how dangerous they will be. Some pokemon going by the Pokedex should think within a square mile of them just by existing. Moltres is a living catastrophe as it spreads burning embers everywhere it goes with each flap of his wings. Forest fires galore. Machamp is supposedly capable of literally moving mountains. That's gotta be an str stat of 50+. And that doesn't even take into account the legendaries that have total control over fundamental aspects of reality such as space and time. If they stick by general displayed behavior in the anime they become far more reasonable in power levels.
Yes. The Legendaries and Mythical Pokemon are very powerful and they should be considered epic monsters or even deities.

Forum Explorer
2020-11-29, 02:46 PM
I just thought of something what if Pokemon crossover in the Forgotten Realms universe? Many of you will be asking, why would Pokemon be crossing over to the Forgotten Realms Universe? Well for a few reasons to be exact. The Monsters in the Forgotten Realms and Pokemon share the same similarities such as the Gold Dragon and Dragonite are dragons. Plus Pokemon are considered monsters themselves. Pokemon will assist adventurers and battle other monsters such as Beholder and of course other Pokemon. So what are your thoughts about it? I'll love to hear your comments on it. :biggrin:

Pokemon as in the Pokedex or Pokemon from the Anime? Cause the Pokedex has things like Tyranitar which is literally invincible and other such ridiculousness. In which case I'd expect Pokemon to eventually drive all non-intelligent monsters extinct.

137beth
2020-11-29, 03:48 PM
Mewtwo would probably say the Wall of the Faithless is unfair and try to get rid of it.

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 04:18 PM
Pokemon as in the Pokedex or Pokemon from the Anime? Cause the Pokedex has things like Tyranitar which is invincible and other such ridiculousness. In which case I'd expect Pokemon to eventually drive all non-intelligent monsters extinct.

Both to be exact. :smile:

Forum Explorer
2020-11-29, 06:36 PM
Both to be exact. :smile:

I'm assuming you mean you want to look at both scenarios. Okay then.

Anime style Pokemon: Honestly, the world doesn't change too much. Pokemon are pretty comparable to what monsters are already like in the Forgotten Realms so there isn't any significant changes. The big differences are that rangers and druids would become a lot more valuable as they would likely be the ones to capture Pokemon, to use as aid to adventurers and other people. This would lead to an upswing in power for more 'wild' groups like Barbarians, Orcs, Elves, and the like. But nothing massive, while Pokemon would be strong, the magic in Forgotten Realms is still stronger, and adventurers would pretty easily be able to go toe to toe with Pokemon. So things would more or less stay the same with Pokemon ending up kinda like magic items. Common for adventurers, troublemakers, and people in power, less common for commoners and the like.

Legendary Pokemon neatly fit in with the legendary monsters like ancient dragons, liches and vampire lords. A big deal to deal with, but also not world shattering.

Literal Pokedex: The world is irrevocably warped beyond recognition. Pretty much any unintelligent monster would be quickly wiped out. Any intelligent being would need to quickly adapt to controlling Pokemon or would be wiped out. That means places like Thay, the Zhents, and many cities would end up being destroyed by the druids and rangers that they've pissed off. I'm sure many high level wizards and the like would survive and adapt, and would eventually likely rebuild civilization. But there would be an initial purge that would devastate pretty much every known civilization that exists.

Particularly when you bring in the legendries who may just end up destroying the world altogether. To give you an idea on how crazy the Pokemon are when the Pokedex is taken literally watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqZggMcq34&ab_channel=TerminalMontage) one for the 'ordinary' Pokemon and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVO8QrGAPHs&ab_channel=TerminalMontage) for the legendary Pokemon.

Traab
2020-11-29, 06:54 PM

Anime style Pokemon: Honestly, the world doesn't change too much. Pokemon are pretty comparable to what monsters are already like in the Forgotten Realms so there isn't any significant changes. The big differences are that rangers and druids would become a lot more valuable as they would likely be the ones to capture Pokemon, to use as aid to adventurers and other people. This would lead to an upswing in power for more 'wild' groups like Barbarians, Orcs, Elves, and the like. But nothing massive, while Pokemon would be strong, the magic in Forgotten Realms is still stronger, and adventurers would pretty easily be able to go toe to toe with Pokemon. So things would more or less stay the same with Pokemon ending up kinda like magic items. Common for adventurers, troublemakers, and people in power, less common for commoners and the like.

Legendary Pokemon neatly fit in with the legendary monsters like ancient dragons, liches and vampire lords. A big deal to deal with, but also not world shattering.

Literal Pokedex: The world is irrevocably warped beyond recognition. Pretty much any unintelligent monster would be quickly wiped out. Any intelligent being would need to quickly adapt to controlling Pokemon or would be wiped out. That means places like Thay, the Zhents, and many cities would end up being destroyed by the druids and rangers that they've pissed off. I'm sure many high level wizards and the like would survive and adapt, and would eventually likely rebuild civilization. But there would be an initial purge that would devastate pretty much every known civilization that exists.

Particularly when you bring in the legendries who may just end up destroying the world altogether. To give you an idea on how crazy the Pokemon are when the Pokedex is taken literally watch this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFqZggMcq34&ab_channel=TerminalMontage) one for the 'ordinary' Pokemon and here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVO8QrGAPHs&ab_channel=TerminalMontage) for the legendary Pokemon.

Yeah like I said, even some of the more "basic" pokemon, like magcargo, would cause catastrophic damage, that thing would turn the air around it into plasma it burns so hot naturally. Its body temp is literally hotter than the surface of the SUN. It doesnt even have to fight or attack anything, just by existing everything burns in horrific hellfire around it. The pokedex has to be disallowed or the entire D&D universe is nothing but a giant ruin. Tyrannitar makes the tarrasque look tame... and there are lots of them.

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 07:01 PM

All I can say is wow! That's crazy! :eek:

Forum Explorer
2020-11-29, 07:08 PM
Yeah like I said, even some of the more "basic" pokemon, like magcargo, would cause catastrophic damage, that thing would turn the air around it into plasma it burns so hot naturally. Its body temp is literally hotter than the surface of the SUN. It doesnt even have to fight or attack anything, just by existing everything burns in horrific hellfire around it. The pokedex has to be disallowed or the entire D&D universe is nothing but a giant ruin. Tyrannitar makes the tarrasque look tame... and there are lots of them.

It kinda makes sense if you buy into the idea that Pokemon exist in a post apocalyptical world. Pokemon showed up, wiped out 90% of humanity and life, and they are slowly recovering and rebuilding as you play the games.

Traab
2020-11-29, 07:23 PM
It kinda makes sense if you buy into the idea that Pokemon exist in a post apocalyptical world. Pokemon showed up, wiped out 90% of humanity and life, and they are slowly recovering and rebuilding as you play the games.

Maybe but I still think pokedex descriptions means no civilization could hope to survive. If it was just the legendries you had to worry about that would be ok, still the potential for doom but humanity might survive, but when you have common and semi common pokemon like machamp literally moving mountains when the tyranitar arent obliterating them to make a nest for itself, and gardevoir creating actual black holes when threatened, you have houndoom causing burns THAT NEVER STOP HURTING, and this barely scrapes the surface, not even getting into the child snatching ghosts, sentient and angry ghost toys, and a standard attack in many pokemons arsenal is earthquakes and moves somehow WORSE than earthquakes, yeah, humanity is boned.

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 07:29 PM
Maybe but I still think Pokedex descriptions mean no civilization could hope to survive. If it was just the legendries you had to worry about that would be ok, still, the potential for doom but humanity might survive, but when you have common and semi-common pokemon like machamp literally moving mountains when the tyranitar arent obliterating them to make a nest for itself, and gardevoir creating actual black holes when threatened, you have houndoom causing burns THAT NEVER STOP HURTING, and this barely scrapes the surface, not even getting into the child-snatching ghosts, sentient and angry ghost toys, and a standard attack in many pokemon arsenals is earthquakes and moves somehow WORSE than earthquakes, yeah, humanity is boned.

Now I think about the Pokedex. Its description for every Pokemon doesn't make any sense.

Forum Explorer
2020-11-29, 07:43 PM
Maybe but I still think pokedex descriptions means no civilization could hope to survive. If it was just the legendries you had to worry about that would be ok, still the potential for doom but humanity might survive, but when you have common and semi common pokemon like machamp literally moving mountains when the tyranitar arent obliterating them to make a nest for itself, and gardevoir creating actual black holes when threatened, you have houndoom causing burns THAT NEVER STOP HURTING, and this barely scrapes the surface, not even getting into the child snatching ghosts, sentient and angry ghost toys, and a standard attack in many pokemons arsenal is earthquakes and moves somehow WORSE than earthquakes, yeah, humanity is boned.

Civilization as we know it couldn't. But a series of small towns might be possible and working alongside Pokemon would be essential. Like having a Machamp to punch away any rampaging Tyranitars. Cause beyond a few Pokemon, most aren't inherently hostile to humanity.

Now I think about the Pokedex. Its description for every Pokemon doesn't make any sense.

It's almost as if children don't make for good researchers. :smallwink:

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-29, 08:01 PM
Civilization as we know it couldn't. But a series of small towns might be possible and working alongside Pokemon would be essential. Like having a Machamp to punch away any rampaging Tyranitars. Cause beyond a few Pokemon, most aren't inherently hostile to humanity.

Yes and also some of the Pokedex entries are very conflicting and contradict themselves such as Mew and Arceus.

Eldan
2020-11-30, 05:22 AM

One of my favourite fan theories. The Pokedex is written by children.

moonfly7
2020-11-30, 09:11 AM
One of my favourite fan theories. The Pokedex is written by children.

Arguably that isn't even a fan theory. Oak gave red and blue pokedexs to fill them up, he had completed the device but was to old to adventure. A scanner could easily identify a pokemon height, weight, type, and possibly the species, but the descriptions almost certainly had to be written by the pokedex holders themselves. Which, when they started, we're 10 year olds. So yeah. Not exactly reliable.
I would suggest using the way pokemon are treated in the Pokemon Adventutes manga, which is halfway between anime and pokedex. Hyperbeam literally vaporized a city and killed thousands of people, but the main characters can also survive getting punched by machokes without being turned into paste.

Celestia
2020-11-30, 09:37 AM
Arguably that isn't even a fan theory. Oak gave red and blue pokedexs to fill them up, he had completed the device but was to old to adventure. A scanner could easily identify a pokemon height, weight, type, and possibly the species, but the descriptions almost certainly had to be written by the pokedex holders themselves. Which, when they started, we're 10 year olds. So yeah. Not exactly reliable.
I would suggest using the way pokemon are treated in the Pokemon Adventutes manga, which is halfway between anime and pokedex. Hyperbeam literally vaporized a city and killed thousands of people, but the main characters can also survive getting punched by machokes without being turned into paste.
Correction: Red and Blue were eleven. Only Ash starts his adventure at ten. All of the game protagonists are older (even if only by one year).

moonfly7
2020-11-30, 09:38 AM
Correction: Red and Blue were eleven. Only Ash starts his adventure at ten. All of the game protagonists are older (even if only by one year).

Thank you for the correction. I tried looking it up because I thought Red was 12, but the internet wasn't giving me an answer fast enough.

Celestia
2020-11-30, 10:17 AM
Thank you for the correction. I tried looking it up because I thought Red was 12, but the internet wasn't giving me an answer fast enough.
The best place to look for obscure Pokémon lore is Bulbapedia. They have absolutely everything there.

Traab
2020-11-30, 10:55 AM

Thats a little unlikely, Im not sure how it works in the manga but in the us anime at least, ash is not using the pokedex to write down his observations, but to basically get the info on everything he stumbles across. My outlook is, the pokedex is used as both an encyclopedia of pokemon knowledge for new trainers, but also is used to discover new species. If Ash were to scan an unknown new pokemon, they would have a general description of what it looks like and where he was when he saw it, and then an actual researcher could go out and gather info on it. The vast majority of pokemon are already known, but the researches are aware that its a big world and there is always the chance to find something new. I look on the "fill up the pokedex" as a challenge to the boys themselves, not because its needed for research. Basically, "Dont just make a beeline along the roads from gym to gym, explore and see what you can find out there."

Its possible the initial descriptions were written by kids, but we also know there are fully adult pokemon professors out there who research all pokemon to learn about them. If blastoise couldnt actually shoot water through steel, you would think the researchers would realize that and amend the entry to be accurate.

The Glyphstone
2020-11-30, 12:06 PM
Maybe Ash was just late to the game. This is obviously a fully established element of society, so the Pokedex is mostly full-up.

Though as for the professors...based on their portrayals in the anime, I'm not super confident as to the scholarly abilities of any of them.

Celestia
2020-11-30, 12:12 PM
Thats a little unlikely, Im not sure how it works in the manga but in the us anime at least, ash is not using the pokedex to write down his observations, but to basically get the info on everything he stumbles across. My outlook is, the pokedex is used as both an encyclopedia of pokemon knowledge for new trainers, but also is used to discover new species. If Ash were to scan an unknown new pokemon, they would have a general description of what it looks like and where he was when he saw it, and then an actual researcher could go out and gather info on it. The vast majority of pokemon are already known, but the researches are aware that its a big world and there is always the chance to find something new. I look on the "fill up the pokedex" as a challenge to the boys themselves, not because its needed for research. Basically, "Dont just make a beeline along the roads from gym to gym, explore and see what you can find out there."

Its possible the initial descriptions were written by kids, but we also know there are fully adult pokemon professors out there who research all pokemon to learn about them. If blastoise couldnt actually shoot water through steel, you would think the researchers would realize that and amend the entry to be accurate.
Anime =/= game. In the games, the Pokédex is absolutely empty, and it is the player who is filling up the pages. That is explicitly explained at the start of every game when you get the device.

This is also the only way the Pokédex makes even a slight amount of sense both in lore and mechanics.

Traab
2020-11-30, 12:31 PM
Anime =/= game. In the games, the Pokédex is absolutely empty, and it is the player who is filling up the pages. That is explicitly explained at the start of every game when you get the device.

This is also the only way the Pokédex makes even a slight amount of sense both in lore and mechanics.

I dunno, "Here new trainer, this device will tell you what pokemon you are about to face and what its known for so you can fight it smarter" seems a perfectly valid use for it. The fact that it also allows researchers to basically have records from hundreds of trainers in each region to cover ground as completely as possible means they dont have to do it themselves and can focus on any interesting reports that turn up is gravy. It makes no sense lore wise or mechanically to think that your trainer scans a pokemon, then studies it for awhile to learn as much as he can about it, writes up a report on its types, its special abilities if any, and whatever other random info gets included, THEN decides if he is going to catch it or not. The basic info HAS to already be on there. The pokedex is basically like those bird watching guides you can buy where you check off each species you manage to spot as you go. All the info is already written down, you are just reading it for whatever species you saw.

Celestia
2020-11-30, 01:24 PM
I dunno, "Here new trainer, this device will tell you what pokemon you are about to face and what its known for so you can fight it smarter" seems a perfectly valid use for it. The fact that it also allows researchers to basically have records from hundreds of trainers in each region to cover ground as completely as possible means they dont have to do it themselves and can focus on any interesting reports that turn up is gravy. It makes no sense lore wise or mechanically to think that your trainer scans a pokemon, then studies it for awhile to learn as much as he can about it, writes up a report on its types, its special abilities if any, and whatever other random info gets included, THEN decides if he is going to catch it or not. The basic info HAS to already be on there. The pokedex is basically like those bird watching guides you can buy where you check off each species you manage to spot as you go. All the info is already written down, you are just reading it for whatever species you saw.
I repeat, anime =/= games. You're still relying on the depiction in the anime. In the games, it is not a bird watching guide. You literally cannot gain any information about a Pokémon until after you catch it. The pages are just blank. Also, it's not given out to "hundreds of trainers." Literally the only ones in the world who own Pokédexes are the player characters and sometimes rivals. These things are not standard tools for trainers; they are explicitly described as high-tech research devices exclusively for the professors. They just hand off the Pokédexes to random kids because they're too lazy to do their own work.

Traab
2020-11-30, 02:07 PM
I repeat, anime =/= games. You're still relying on the depiction in the anime. In the games, it is not a bird watching guide. You literally cannot gain any information about a Pokémon until after you catch it. The pages are just blank. Also, it's not given out to "hundreds of trainers." Literally the only ones in the world who own Pokédexes are the player characters and sometimes rivals. These things are not standard tools for trainers; they are explicitly described as high-tech research devices exclusively for the professors. They just hand off the Pokédexes to random kids because they're too lazy to do their own work.

Ok, then explain to me how the pokedex gets information like the internal body temp of a camerupt based on what some 11 year old learns from capturing it. Or info like how raticates teeth never stop growing so they have to chew stuff to wear them down constantly. Game mechanics =/= how things really work. Your stance makes absolutely no rational sense. There is info on the pokedex about some pokemon that takes literal YEARS to discover and excessive research and observation of wild versions of those pokemon. You literally CAN NOT learn all that by catching it. Back to the camerupt, several of its pokedex entries talk about how once every 10 years the crater on its back erupts. How do you learn that by catching it? Did your game character spend a few decades after catching it watching what it did then writing down that every decade it erupts before moving on to the next patch of grass?

No, the far more rational explanation is still that the pokedex already has this info. At best in game its only unlocked after catching it. After all, it already has ????? entries for exactly how many species of pokemon exist in that region. So you catch your pokemon, scan it, and you get this info to help you learn what you need to know about the pokemon you are going to be training. Justify it? I dunno, maybe Oak is aware that you arent very bright and didnt want to try and force you to memorize the full info of 151 pokemon right off the bat and figured you would do better remembering it as you caught them and needed that info available? Still makes more logical sense than an 11 year old trying to act like darwin and identify every pokemon that exists from scratch.

Forum Explorer
2020-11-30, 02:19 PM
Ok, then explain to me how the pokedex gets information like the internal body temp of a camerupt based on what some 11 year old learns from capturing it. Or info like how raticates teeth never stop growing so they have to chew stuff to wear them down constantly. Game mechanics =/= how things really work. Your stance makes absolutely no rational sense. There is info on the pokedex about some pokemon that takes literal YEARS to discover and excessive research and observation of wild versions of those pokemon. You literally CAN NOT learn all that by catching it. Back to the camerupt, several of its pokedex entries talk about how once every 10 years the crater on its back erupts. How do you learn that by catching it? Did your game character spend a few decades after catching it watching what it did then writing down that every decade it erupts before moving on to the next patch of grass?

No, the far more rational explanation is still that the pokedex already has this info. At best in game its only unlocked after catching it. After all, it already has ????? entries for exactly how many species of pokemon exist in that region. So you catch your pokemon, scan it, and you get this info to help you learn what you need to know about the pokemon you are going to be training. Justify it? I dunno, maybe Oak is aware that you arent very bright and didnt want to try and force you to memorize the full info of 151 pokemon right off the bat and figured you would do better remembering it as you caught them and needed that info available? Still makes more logical sense than an 11 year old trying to act like darwin and identify every pokemon that exists from scratch.

If the Pokedex already had the information, why couldn't we look it up? It only tells you stuff you already know.

So it's much more rational to say that when we catch a Pokemon, the player writes a description of it in the Pokedex and what we read is our result. All that information about the Pokemon is literally made up. Like Camerupt. We know it erupts more often because that's how we see it use a bunch of fire attacks. Therefore, the entry is incorrect.

As for why we would do that, it's because we are playing as an 11 year old child. They don't know better.

Traab
2020-11-30, 02:31 PM
If the Pokedex already had the information, why couldn't we look it up? It only tells you stuff you already know.

So it's much more rational to say that when we catch a Pokemon, the player writes a description of it in the Pokedex and what we read is our result. All that information about the Pokemon is literally made up. Like Camerupt. We know it erupts more often because that's how we see it use a bunch of fire attacks. Therefore, the entry is incorrect.

As for why we would do that, it's because we are playing as an 11 year old child. They don't know better.

Seriously? You think its more rational to say the pokedex is being written by a troll child just making up whatever they want to about every pokemon they catch? I already put in my own post why it would be locked. Its a stretch, but not even remotely as huge a stretch as your stance. And why do you give the game precedence over the anime anyways? Im trying my best to find out if the manga has a pokedex in it and how it works there but so far im not having much luck.

Forum Explorer
2020-11-30, 03:24 PM
Seriously? You think its more rational to say the pokedex is being written by a troll child just making up whatever they want to about every pokemon they catch? I already put in my own post why it would be locked. Its a stretch, but not even remotely as huge a stretch as your stance. And why do you give the game precedence over the anime anyways? Im trying my best to find out if the manga has a pokedex in it and how it works there but so far im not having much luck.

It is, because the descriptions literally don't make any sense otherwise. Like Dugtrio being able to retract underground at the speed of light. Simply moving that fast in an atmosphere causes a massive explosion.

Sorry, it is possible that the professors are the ones making up the entries, but clearly someone is.

Yes, the Pokedex is a thing in the Manga. It works like it does in the game, where information about a Pokemon isn't revealed until after it is captured.

Tvtyrant
2020-11-30, 03:32 PM
I prefer to believe the Pokedex is a sentient AI that is preventing humanity from realizing how things really work so it spews out fake entries.

Kitten Champion
2020-11-30, 09:02 PM
I'm at peace with the idea that the Pokedex doesn't make sense. This is a world where you visit Game Freak offices within the game where the occupants proudly explain to you how they designed both you and the universe you exist in like they're the Architect from the Matrix, and not flawless verisimilitude.

Personally I kind of hate the Pokedex because it reinforces Pokemon's "Gotta Catch'em All" mandate which is complete BS when you literally cannot do so without the other version of the game available and the linking technology being accessible.

Vahnavoi
2020-12-01, 03:08 AM
I prefer to believe the Pokedex is a sentient AI that is preventing humanity from realizing how things really work so it spews out fake entries.

By Sun and Moon (the games) it's literally possessed by a ghost. And the games have examples of screwball computer tech going back to Red and Blue. (Remember Bill's transporter accident?) So your belief is... well-founded. :smalltongue:

moonfly7
2020-12-02, 11:22 AM

See that's the difference between the anime, the manga, and the games, in the manga not everybody has pokedexs, Oak only ever made so many and he only gives them out to people he trusts to fill them out. Also the manga, which is generally considered to be pretty close to the games universe wise, or at least closer than the anime which is super off base, shows an intense lack of knowledge about pokemon in the beginning, just like in the games. As the series progresses and the Pokedex holders continue to fill stuff in more info is added, but the point stands that there are massive gaps between what is actually known and what is just guess work and legends, mostly because it's hard to tell what a trainer raising a pokemon changes for it, and how leveling in the wild on it's own might create differences, especially because pokemon behaviors change from what they are naturally after being captured.

Obviously this isn't 100% how it is in the games but like I said it's much closer to the games than the anime and generally follows the games story lines where the anime is a much different universe. The Manga are also alternate universes(because sun and moon) but they're closer to the games seeing as they actually use levels and the same main characters.

Bartmanhomer
2020-12-05, 02:41 AM
See that's the difference between the anime, the manga, and the games, in the manga not everybody has pokedexs, Oak only ever made so many and he only gives them out to people he trusts to fill them out. Also the manga, which is generally considered to be pretty close to the games universe wise, or at least closer than the anime which is super off base, shows an intense lack of knowledge about pokemon in the beginning, just like in the games. As the series progresses and the Pokedex holders continue to fill stuff in more info is added, but the point stands that there are massive gaps between what is actually known and what is just guess work and legends, mostly because it's hard to tell what a trainer raising a pokemon changes for it, and how leveling in the wild on it's own might create differences, especially because pokemon behaviors change from what they are naturally after being captured.

Obviously this isn't 100% how it is in the games but like I said it's much closer to the games than the anime and generally follows the games story lines where the anime is a much different universe. The Manga are also alternate universes(because sun and moon) but they're closer to the games seeing as they actually use levels and the same main characters.

And don't forget anime logic. :tongue: