PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Life Cleric Like Abilities

Lupine
2020-11-29, 03:34 PM
So, I've been building a highly ritual based character. Because of this, I'm going vHuman, with druid initiate, taking goodberry. I was planning on going life cleric (yes, that build), and justifying the cheese by picking as many ritual spells as possible, thereby kinda gimping myself in combat (making healing and utility my big additions).

However, The life cleric build doesn't really... fit the character feel, and I was kinda looking at rolling a divination wizard, instead and multiclassing for the healing effect (thus also delaying the super-berry cheese until it's not as overpowered).

Is Life cleric the only one that provides a numerical buff to goodberry, or are there other (sub)classes which do similar things?

EDIT: I should also mention that in addition to the ritual feel, I'm also going for a divination feel.

bendking
2020-11-29, 04:59 PM
I would consider the Mark of Healing Halfling.

Heavenblade
2020-11-29, 05:03 PM
Maybe throw in theurgic wizard with the life domain?

LudicSavant
2020-11-29, 05:50 PM
So, I've been building a highly ritual based character. Because of this, I'm going vHuman, with druid initiate, taking goodberry. I was planning on going life cleric (yes, that build), and justifying the cheese by picking as many ritual spells as possible, thereby kinda gimping myself in combat (making healing and utility my big additions).

However, The life cleric build doesn't really... fit the character feel, and I was kinda looking at rolling a divination wizard, instead and multiclassing for the healing effect (thus also delaying the super-berry cheese until it's not as overpowered).

Is Life cleric the only one that provides a numerical buff to goodberry, or are there other (sub)classes which do similar things?

EDIT: I should also mention that in addition to the ritual feel, I'm also going for a divination feel.

Life Cleric is the only one that really provides that style of buff to Goodberry, but all you need is a one level dip in it. You can combine that dip effectively with a wide variety of classes. Mark of Healing Wizards do especially well with a 1 level Life Cleric dip. So well, in fact, that I daresay they are one of the best healer builds available.