PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship builder/combat system to use with 5e not spelljammer. For a scifi & space

Throne12
2020-11-30, 08:41 AM
So as the title is asking. I'm not looking to change 5e. I'm just looking for a ship builder and combat system to tack onto a game. So what do yall recommend and why.

Amdy_vill
2020-11-30, 09:37 AM
by DND in space do you mean spelljammer or like real space.

If you mean spelljammer I would pick up DMM and Saltmarsh. DMM for Helm of the Scavenger which gives rules for spelljammers. then us Saltmarsh for ship rules. note saltmarshes ship rules seem to be made from a perspective of one player per ship and the reason for the roles being for npc. so I suggest you do that. even if you only give one ship out. let the rest of the players take normal turns.

then all you need to do is add a rule for fire damage in the phlostrin, I suggest that all fire damage is maximized and give or increase the radius of the spell by 20ft.

if we are talking about real space travel I honestly have no clue.

Throne12
2020-11-30, 10:44 AM
by DND in space do you mean spelljammer or like real space.

If you mean spelljammer I would pick up DMM and Saltmarsh. DMM for Helm of the Scavenger which gives rules for spelljammers. then us Saltmarsh for ship rules. note saltmarshes ship rules seem to be made from a perspective of one player per ship and the reason for the roles being for npc. so I suggest you do that. even if you only give one ship out. let the rest of the players take normal turns.

then all you need to do is add a rule for fire damage in the phlostrin, I suggest that all fire damage is maximized and give or increase the radius of the spell by 20ft.

if we are talking about real space travel I honestly have no clue.

No not spalljammer.

BigRedJedi
2020-11-30, 10:47 AM
https://sw5e.com/rules/sotg

Full ship customization rules, rules for spacefaring "classes" to give everyone (in addition to their normal classes) a role on a ship, and detailed combat rules.

Throne12
2020-11-30, 11:09 AM
https://sw5e.com/rules/sotg

Full ship customization rules, rules for spacefaring "classes" to give everyone (in addition to their normal classes) a role on a ship, and detailed combat rules.

Thx ill look it over.