PDA

View Full Version : Angus MacGuyver vs. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Nibleswick
2007-11-05, 02:59 AM
Ok, who would win in a battle of intelligence and resourcefulness? This one has me stumped.

dehro
2007-11-05, 05:56 AM
Ok, who would win in a battle of intelligence and resourcefulness? This one has me stumped.

give Mcgyver a screwdriver and half a pound of assorted chemicals and cooking spices and he can rule the world.

sun_tzu
2007-11-05, 06:09 AM

I'd say Thrawn is smarter, but, interesting match.

Green Bean
2007-11-05, 06:27 AM
I'd say Thrawn is smarter, but, interesting match.

Thrawn may be smarter, but can he build weapons from a roll of duct tape and a toothpick? :smalltongue:

sun_tzu
2007-11-05, 06:33 AM
Thrawn may be smarter, but can he build weapons from a roll of duct tape and a toothpick? :smalltongue:

Nope.
Could MacGuyver trick a squad of jedi masters and a fleet of warrior slavers into nullifying each other's tactical advantage long enough for him to take them both down? :smalltongue:

Green Bean
2007-11-05, 06:34 AM
Nope.
Could MacGuyver trick a squad of jedi masters and a fleet of warrior slavers into nullifying each other's tactical advantage long enough for him to take them both down? :smalltongue:

True, but he could make something that would do that out of a matchbox and an elastic band...

Moff Chumley
2007-11-05, 01:40 PM
I'm going to give this one, as usual to Thrawn.

Sir Enigma
2007-11-06, 11:36 AM
I'm going to vote MacGuyver - Thrawn is brilliant, maybe unbeatable, at dealing with large groups, but a couple of clever people (or MacGuyver) are much more difficult for him to predict and are often capable of getting around him - in the Heir to the Empire books, the only times he was beaten was when a small group of people (read: Luke/Leia/Han Solo/Mara Jade) started working commando/infiltration types of plans. Ironically, give MacGuyver an army and he'd probably lose :smallbiggrin:

indianajoe
2007-11-07, 09:17 AM
MacGuyver all the way. All it would take would be a couple minutes of him having some internal monologue about what could be used to make something and that's it.

...Course...if you took away Mac's pocket knife:smalleek:

sun_tzu
2007-11-07, 09:23 AM
MacGuyver all the way. All it would take would be a couple minutes of him having some internal monologue about what could be used to make something and that's it.

...Course...if you took away Mac's pocket knife:smalleek:

Yeah, sure. As long as Mac's in a situation that can be solved with whatever just happens to be in the room (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.LockingMacGyverInTheStoreCupboard), he will find the solution.
Will Thrawn put him in a position where he can win like that? Bloody hell no.

Winterwind
2007-11-07, 09:29 AM
I'll side with Thrawn.
MacGuyver may construct some ingenious machine to use against the Grand Admiral... but Thrawn will find a way to make MacGuyver beat himself with it. :smallamused:

More to the point, I'll take brilliance, strategy and (first and foremost) empathy over technical know-how any day.