PDA

View Full Version : For those desperate for Dark Sun

jaappleton
2020-12-01, 12:40 PM
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17169/Dark-Sun-Boxed-Set-2e?affiliate_id=282191

You can now finally get a reprint of the original setting, even in hardcover.

Is it 5e? No. I'm sorry, it isn't.

But for those desperate for the material that've had a hard time getting a hold of it, it's not too terribly difficult to convert older material to 5E.

Its a start.

Hope this at least helps somebody out there.

Vorenus
2020-12-01, 01:29 PM
Awesome!

I saw a rumor somewhere recently (maybe it was on Bell of Lost Souls?) that D&D will be bringing back three classic campaign settings next year. I sincerely hope that Planescape and Dark Sun are two of the three.

CMCC
2020-12-01, 01:52 PM
Ha. I wonder if my mom still has that book in my old house. It's been a LONG time.

Chalkarts
2020-12-01, 02:04 PM
Awesome!

I saw a rumor somewhere recently (maybe it was on Bell of Lost Souls?) that D&D will be bringing back three classic campaign settings next year. I sincerely hope that Planescape and Dark Sun are two of the three.

That would make my millennium.

2D8HP
2020-12-01, 02:08 PM
Ha. I wonder if my mom still has that book in my old house. It's been a LONG time.

I wonder the same for so many things!

Evaar
2020-12-01, 02:22 PM
The Bone Stone & Obsidian podcast recently interviewed a couple DMs who are running actual play podcast/campaigns in 5e Dark Sun and they referenced several high quality DM's Guild publications they used to bring Dark Sun into 5e. Anyone looking to do the same, check out the podcast and take some of their ideas.

Bilbron
2020-12-01, 02:29 PM
The Bone Stone & Obsidian podcast recently interviewed a couple DMs who are running actual play podcast/campaigns in 5e Dark Sun and they referenced several high quality DM's Guild publications they used to bring Dark Sun into 5e. Anyone looking to do the same, check out the podcast and take some of their ideas.Nice, I love Athas.

CMCC
2020-12-01, 02:57 PM
I wonder the same for so many things!

haha - now that I have kids, I get packages from time to time with random toys/books etc from my childhood that my mom wants my kids to play with.

Always a fun blast from the past.

MaxWilson
2020-12-01, 03:05 PM
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17169/Dark-Sun-Boxed-Set-2e?affiliate_id=282191

You can now finally get a reprint of the original setting, even in hardcover.

Is it 5e? No. I'm sorry, it isn't.

But for those desperate for the material that've had a hard time getting a hold of it, it's not too terribly difficult to convert older material to 5E.

Its a start.

Hope this at least helps somebody out there.

Ooooo, nice! I already own the PDF but I am ordering the hardcover now. Ditto the Dragon Kings hardcover and The Will and the Way softcover.

Vogie
2020-12-01, 04:15 PM
Currently says it's not available. Boo.