PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A can you make alchemical items with true creation?

newguydude1
2020-12-01, 04:11 PM
if yes all my problems are gone. if no then i still need to keep looking.

alchemical items require a spellcaster to craft even though no spells are used.
on the other hand, i dont think they radiate any form of magic even from detec magic spell. (i could be wrong, cant find the rules).

gogogome
2020-12-01, 10:56 PM
Yes. If you look at book of vile darkness

ALCHEMICAL AND QUASI-MAGICAL ITEMS
Some items have the taint of evil magic about them, though they aren’t magic items in the strict sense of the word. And in sinister laboratories, evil necromancers work on other surprises for those who would defend good and light.

Directly saying Alchemical items are not magical. "Quasi-" means "seemingly; apparently but not really."
Also alchemical items work in deadmagic zones according to dungeonscape and are also said to not be magic.

So to answer your question (I'm guessing from your other threads), yes you can use Shadowcraft Mage to replicate True Creation (assuming you got it on your class spell list somehow, I'm guessing wyrm wizard?) to create as much Liquid Pain as your heart desires. Not ambrosia though because ambrosia is not stated to be an alchemical item anywhere so as far as we know its a magical item.

unseenmage
2020-12-04, 01:22 PM
Yes. If you look at book of vile darkness

Directly saying Alchemical items are not magical. "Quasi-" means "seemingly; apparently but not really."
Also alchemical items work in deadmagic zones according to dungeonscape and are also said to not be magic.

So to answer your question (I'm guessing from your other threads), yes you can use Shadowcraft Mage to replicate True Creation (assuming you got it on your class spell list somehow, I'm guessing wyrm wizard?) to create as much Liquid Pain as your heart desires. Not ambrosia though because ambrosia is not stated to be an alchemical item anywhere so as far as we know its a magical item.

All accurate to my knowledge except that Ambrosia isnt even a magic item, it's a spell effect with a permanent duration, like Permanency.