PDA

View Full Version : Would you change your [type] if you could?

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-05, 07:27 AM
The "I wish I could be..." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62227) thread made me think about how much I would like to shed the flesh of my Humanoid (Human) type and trade it in to be Undead (Augmented Humanoid) or, failing that, Construct (Augmented Humanoid).

(I say Augmented Humanoid subtypes because that generally means retaining personality and INT score. Usually just changing to Construct or Undead means being mindless or something - not always, don't start - it's early)

Anyway.. If you could change your type to something else, what would it be and why? You don't have to change types at all, you could just change subtypes (e.g. Humanoid (human) to Humanoid (elf)). Or you could just stay as you are.

This isn't necessarily about picking anything specific either. Just sort of a generic representational bit about how comfortable you are in your own skin and whether you would change it if you could.

deadseashoals
2007-11-05, 07:30 AM
Well gee, I'd really like to have the Outsider (Chaotic, Evil) type. Except without the whole eternity of seething pain in the infinite layers of the abyss thing.

Grynning
2007-11-05, 07:36 AM
I agree with Outsider, just so I could advance myself with racial HD. I'm a bit bored with being a Human Expert 3. I want all good saves, full BAB and Rogue skill points, dammit.

Wouldn't really want to be an Undead...would make dating more difficult than it already is :smalltongue:

Fixer
2007-11-05, 08:01 AM
I would change my type to Dragon (Augmented Humanoid).

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-05, 08:10 AM
I'd probably go with Monstrous Humanoid (if I could be be a Lupin or similar half-animal) or Magical Beast due to the fact that I don't like being a human, and I'd also consider being an Outsider (Neutral Good), or a Humanoid (Gnoll) for the same reason.

F.H. Zebedee
2007-11-05, 08:16 AM
Outsider, Chaotic Good. Just hoping for some wings. :p

Kurald Galain
2007-11-05, 08:25 AM
Fae, definitely.

What's with all the people wanting to be CE outsiders? Do you even realize what CE outsiders do to one another?

Grynning
2007-11-05, 08:39 AM
I just said Outsider...I'm too much of a rules lawyer to be chaotic evil.
To be specific, I'd kinda like to be one of those badass neutral outsiders out of the Fiend Folio...can't remember what they're called, but I like the whole interdimensional mercenary who exploits the weaknesses of those with strong alignments thing.
But since we're just sticking to a type change, yeah, Outsider for sure. Probably with the "Native" sub-type, so my roommate can't use Banishment on me (he wishes he were a Cleric, every day).
Now, I'd like to pose another question - if you could be any class in real life (not in D&D world, but here on earth) what would you want to be?
I think it'd be fun as hell to be a Psion of some kind. I'd become a superhero.

Valairn
2007-11-05, 08:43 AM
Do you even realize what CE outsiders do to one another?

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion are only the beginning.

Prophaniti
2007-11-05, 09:17 AM
I'd be Elemental (any of the four, they'd all be fun) [augmented humanoid]. And druids think they're at one with nature. I AM nature! Not that I'm against civilisation or anything, it'd just be fun.

Fiery Justice
2007-11-05, 09:19 AM
Outsider (Native, Augmented Humanoid, Lawful, Good) because being an angel would kick some many different kinds of butt.

Pronounceable
2007-11-05, 09:20 AM
I never wanted to be a human anyway... I wanted to be... A Lumberhulk!

Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of Underdark! The giant redwood, the larch, the fir, the mighty dwarfpine... With my best vodyanoi by my side, we'd sing, sing, SING!

Zincorium
2007-11-05, 09:24 AM
Aberration. Er, wait, already there. Hm. I'll go with undead, with some types you can even be really difficult to kill the second time (I'm thinking lich or curst here).

Mr. Friendly
2007-11-05, 09:28 AM
Grynning: I think Psion would be a lot of fun. Though I am a more Eldritch sort of person myself, so most likely sorcerer.. then wizard... then Ultima Magus. Then Lich. Perhaps in my long lifespan I would grab levels of Psion (Telepath) and then go Cerebramancer.

Xuincherguixe
2007-11-05, 09:38 AM
Is there a humanoid (klingon)?

...because I wouldn't want that. I'm not that big into Star Trek.

Hyozo
2007-11-05, 09:39 AM
Hmm... Which [type] is a Rust monster?

Anyway, I don't care about my type as long as it doesn't include an alignment discriptor, especially chaotic. It simply makes no sense to me that you can force a race/class to be free willed. Lawful makes SLIGHTLY more sense.

Drascin
2007-11-05, 10:11 AM
Outsider, Chaotic Good. Just hoping for some wings. :p

What this man said. Plus the whole being an angel bit has to be great for PR.

Mr.Moron
2007-11-05, 10:17 AM
Anything that give me a long life. Outsiders last a while don't they? I guess I could go with Outsider[Good] maybe even Lawful & Good depending on how I felt like spending all that time. Probably stay away from chaotic, they'd appreciate my random jokes more but I prefer stability over excitement.

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-05, 10:51 AM
I think Outsiders are immortal unless they get killed or merge with their home plane. I'd really want to be a Cleric, Druid or Healer in real life (I'm a Reiki Master), but my Wisdom is poor, so I'd go with Wizard because I'm quite intelligent.

Wraithy
2007-11-05, 11:17 AM
Outsider (Native, Plant, Shapechanger)
I was going to add Lawful, but honestly I allready have 3 subtypes.
"WOW, can you change into a dragon? that would be AWESOME!!"
"...not as awesome as being.....A SHRUBBERY!"

AKA_Bait
2007-11-05, 11:19 AM
I don't think I'd change my type. I don't mind being a human. However, if I could be something other than an Expert 2, I'd be a Sorcerer with Eschew Materials in a heartbeat. Prestidigitation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/prestidigitation.htm)alone would increase my quality of life exponentially and I wouldn't want to worry about losing a book or handling bat guano.

Fax Celestis
2007-11-05, 11:47 AM
Construct (Augmented Humanoid, Psionic, Incarnum, Living Construct) would be my call.

Dalboz of Gurth
2007-11-05, 12:30 PM
I'd like to be able to change my type a few times just to see which body I liked best.

oh and I'm tired of being sick all the time so I'd have to have a constitution of at least 16.

BardicDuelist
2007-11-05, 01:07 PM
I would want to be a shapechanger. That way, I could be whatever I felt like. Possibly Outsider (shapechanger).

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-11-05, 01:19 PM
Aberration. Maybe then I'd get left alone.

mostlyharmful
2007-11-05, 01:21 PM
Outsider (Good, Shapechanger). No more ethical dilemas for me. Woot!

Morty
2007-11-05, 01:22 PM
I'm happy with being humanoid, but being humanoid(Goblinoid) could be fun.

PsyBlade
2007-11-05, 01:23 PM
Outsider (Native, Augmented Humanoid, Good, Shapechanger, Dragon)

Hello Hero!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-11-05, 03:02 PM
Definitely Humanoid (shapechanger). Being a changeling is just too cool to pass up.

Tyrael
2007-11-05, 03:16 PM
I never wanted to be a human anyway... I wanted to be... A Lumberhulk!

Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of Underdark! The giant redwood, the larch, the fir, the mighty dwarfpine... With my best vodyanoi by my side, we'd sing, sing, SING!

He's a Lumberhulk and he's okay,
He sleeps all night,
He works all day.

Tyrael
2007-11-05, 03:33 PM
Also, I'd switch to Outsider(alien, shapechanger, humanoid).:smalltongue:

Drider
2007-11-05, 03:48 PM
N Huge Outsider (extraplanar, aquatic, augmented vermin) hehehe

F.L.
2007-11-05, 05:05 PM
Anybody pick ooze yet? I'd be content to simply exist, destroying and killing and corroding anything I can get my tendrils on...

Magical beast also has enough odd things to be interesting.

TimeWizard
2007-11-05, 07:24 PM
As imperfect as it is, I am rather attached to my fleshy humanoid body. So naturally I choose Abberation (Elan). The next thousand years are gonna be a real doozy.

SurlySeraph
2007-11-05, 08:04 PM
Outsider [Lawful, Good]. Or Construct. Either way, I don't have to worry about making incorrect moral choices anymore - if I'm an LG outsider, I'm made out of law and good so I always do the right thing, and if I'm a construct I can't make moral decisions.

Kellus
2007-11-05, 08:07 PM
Animal (dinosaur). I know it's not actually a subtype, but it should be.

Xaros
2007-11-05, 08:52 PM
I'd go Living Construct (full Construct if the world suddenly developed massive amounts of necromancy and death effects). I can imagine how much more money I'd be able to sock away not having to buy food, and I'd have a lot more space in my apartment if I didn't need a bed.

As a graduate student, I probably would have finished my thesis research in record time with eight extra hours per day to do whatever I wanted.

ForzaFiori
2007-11-05, 08:56 PM
Outsider (natural, augmented humanoid, chaotic) would be fun.

abberation (elan) would also be cool, though living forever would get old eventually.

daggaz
2007-11-05, 08:58 PM
Animal.

So I can finally be a dolphin...

(Lol jk)

No serious, Outsider, so that I can be a Solar.

HomerHT
2007-11-05, 09:15 PM
leShay. Definitely leShay.

Doresain
2007-11-05, 11:22 PM
humanoid (orc)

then go eye of gruumsh

and thats how i would become king of the orcs