PDA

View Full Version : Feat Leech question

mabriss lethe
2020-12-04, 10:34 PM
I'm a bit rusty and hitting a bit of a blank.

The situation: A character uses the Feat Leech power to steal a psionic feat with per day limitations. Does the feat count as a new instance every time its leeched? Or do the daily limits continue to add up over multiple manifestations?

Specifically, i'm looking at Instant Clarity from ToB. If a wilder Leeched it from his psicrystal, used all three daily uses the feat provides, then manifested it again later would he have 3 or 0 daily uses on his second manifestation?

newguydude1
2020-12-04, 10:37 PM
I'm a bit rusty and hitting a bit of a blank.

The situation: A character uses the Feat Leech power to steal a psionic feat with per day limitations. Does the feat count as a new instance every time its leeched? Or do the daily limits continue to add up over multiple manifestations?

Specifically, i'm looking at Instant Clarity from ToB. If a wilder Leeched it from his psicrystal, used all three daily uses the feat provides, then manifested it again later would he have 3 or 0 daily uses on his second manifestation?

the faq says 0.

it talks about turn undead. if you have 16 charisma its 6/day. if you cast eagles splendor its 8/day. if you use turn undead 8 times and eagles splendor runs out, you have used turn undead 8 times while your limit is 6 times a day. cast a new eagles splendor and it doesnt change the fact that you used it 8 times today.

so going by that logic you can only use instant clarity 3 times a day. losing the feat and gaining a new one doesnt change the fact that you used it today 3 times.

its also why shapechanging into zodars for free wish only results in 1 wish a year and not 1 wish every round.