PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A savage species race change questions

newguydude1
2020-12-05, 06:02 AM
1. skill points are not mentioned. when you turn into an outsider with 6 racial hit die, you get the skill points right? because your trading class levels for the racial hit die, not on a 1:1 basis because of la. you lose more class levels than you gain rhd.

but skills also have different caps now because i lost class skills and gained different class skills. do i just rebuild all my skills from scratch?

2. is it possible to obtain the mental scores of your new form? i have 15 cha, and my target form has 26 cha.

Morty_Jhones
2020-12-05, 07:20 PM
who and how are you changing race?

Savage spieces has several options to do so and they each have differant ansers to that question.

1. Normaly shape shift, licanthropy and alternat forms (including Licanthropy and wildshape), only changes your pisical stst to that of what you changed into (str, dex and Con) so skillpoints ant afected.

2 specaial changes such as templates and Wishes say what sKillpoints you gain (if any) in them.

newguydude1
2020-12-05, 08:21 PM
who and how are you changing race?

Savage spieces has several options to do so and they each have differant ansers to that question.

1. Normaly shape shift, licanthropy and alternat forms (including Licanthropy and wildshape), only changes your pisical stst to that of what you changed into (str, dex and Con) so skillpoints ant afected.

2 specaial changes such as templates and Wishes say what sKillpoints you gain (if any) in them.

major ritual of unlearning

Morty_Jhones
2020-12-05, 08:46 PM
Must abmit that it looks like alot of faffing about, so i have never used it.

but yess you need to totaly rebuild your charicter.

you get the skill points of your chosen monster, but only skills listed in the monster entry are class skills (so not much is class) also the default for most is a pidling 2 + int mod ( see MM index 1) so I hope you wasn't trying for a skill monky.

Also your Skill caps are now HD+3 so i hope your chosen outsider dosn't burn laot of ECL with level adjusments.

Would have been easer to just start as the monster than go through this mess.