PDA

View Full Version : How much base damage can I inflict if I have a Colossal++ size hammer?

meet shield
2007-11-05, 10:48 AM
Well, my question is simple.
If I am an half-giant(complete psion) Half minotaur and with an achetype of I call Beast (is in cheeses species but I don't know the english name: it give you a size +1 for a +1 level modificator) with enlarge person permanent on me, monkey grasp and proficiency (gold weapons), then I have Strenght +26 and I am at size colossal, and I can use a two hand sword of inflict... how much damage?

I think it's a few better of a fourth level fighter, expecially if you take feats like resist to charge and evasion charge.

Dizlag
2007-11-05, 10:55 AM
A colossal greatsword would do a base damage of 8d6.

Check out the Weapon Size (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#weaponSize) table in the online SRD.

Dizlag

Toliudar
2007-11-05, 11:15 AM
Although I don't think there's any part of your build that can reasonably be affected under the category "person". You might need to take the "human blood" feat.

Karsh
2007-11-05, 11:21 AM
Powerful Build and Monkey Grip do not stack, since they both have an effect of allowing you to wield a weapon one size larger than your current size.

Your "Gold Weapons" proficiency I assume refers to Mercurial Weapons from the Arms & Equipment Guide, which is 3.0 and not canon for 3.5, so you can't use those either.

If "Beast" changes your type to something other than Humanoid, Enlarge Person doesn't work, either.

So...

Medium -> Large (Through either Beast or Enlarge Person, I don't think they'll stack) -> Huge weapon through Powerful Build *or* Monkey Grip.

I think the better way to do it is if you use Expansion or (God help you) Giant Size.

Then it can look like... Medium -> Large ("Beast") -> Gargantuan (Augmented Expansion) -> Colossal (Powerful Build)

Using Giant Size is even more disgusting and saves you a +1 LA, but much more expensive:

Medium -> Colossal (CL 20th Giant Size) -> Awesome (Powerful Build)

Thinker
2007-11-05, 11:38 AM
Powerful Build and Monkey Grip do not stack, since they both have an effect of allowing you to wield a weapon one size larger than your current size.

Your "Gold Weapons" proficiency I assume refers to Mercurial Weapons from the Arms & Equipment Guide, which is 3.0 and not canon for 3.5, so you can't use those either.

If "Beast" changes your type to something other than Humanoid, Enlarge Person doesn't work, either.

So...

Medium -> Large (Through either Beast or Enlarge Person, I don't think they'll stack) -> Huge weapon through Powerful Build *or* Monkey Grip.

I think the better way to do it is if you use Expansion or (God help you) Giant Size.

Then it can look like... Medium -> Large ("Beast") -> Gargantuan (Augmented Expansion) -> Colossal (Powerful Build)

Using Giant Size is even more disgusting and saves you a +1 LA, but much more expensive:

Medium -> Colossal (CL 20th Giant Size) -> Awesome (Powerful Build)

3.0 material still works with 3.5 unless it has been updated or reprinted, otherwise they would have released a new MM2.

Reinboom
2007-11-05, 11:57 AM
3.0 material still works with 3.5 unless it has been updated or reprinted, otherwise they would have released a new MM2.

That's because monster manual 2 was updated. A&EG has not been.
See: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

Karsh
2007-11-05, 11:59 AM
Ok, and I was mistaken with the Mercurial Greatsword; I was thinking of a Fullblade.

So then we have a Fullblade which is for all intents and purposes a Large 1H weapon, that does 2d8 damage and allows proficiency to wield 2 handed without penalty by a medium character;

Using Giant Size ups it to an Awesome weapon right off the bat, then Powerful Build allows for an Awesome+ weapon. That's... 16d8 damage if I'm not mistaken. For a whopping average damage of 72. With a sword the size of Pluto.

AmberVael
2007-11-05, 12:02 PM
With a sword the size of Pluto.

Don't drop it or you'll knock the earth out of orbit. :smalltongue:
Alternately, it may have gravity of its own.
Or I could just kill cat girls.

skywalker
2007-11-05, 05:26 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about something from, IIRC, Magic of Faerun, maybe?

Where there were rules for making weapons out of *eavy medals!*

Enlarge person doesn't work on half-giants, says the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#halfGiants), so never mind any of those other templates, enlarge person is right out. The same link will point you to half-giants having powerful build.

Half-minotaur(which was in Dragon Magazine) makes you large(and covers you with shaggy hair:smallbiggrin: ). I cannot find this "archetype of the beast," but I somehow doubt it stacks. If it does, you are up to huge, and can wield a gargantuan great sword. Expansion will put you into the next size category, which will finally get you your colossal sword. Welcome to being 32 ft. tall. Hope you weren't planning on doing any dungeon delving with this build.

You can actually bump yourself up to colossal if you have enough power points.

Of course, we still don't know where "beast" is...

Thinker
2007-11-05, 05:37 PM
That's because monster manual 2 was updated. A&EG has not been.
See: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20030718a

And it doesn't need to be. Open your 3.5 PHB to page 4. Now look at the bottom of the page and read the bit that says "Why a Revision?"

...But also rest assured that this is an upgrade of the d20 System, not a new edition of the game. This revision is compatible with all existing products, and those products can be used with the revision with only minor adjustments.

3.5e is not a replacement of 3e, it is an upgrade. Upgrades do not obsolete all previous information simply by existing.