PDA

View Full Version : Is a 2 level Circle of Stars Druid dip worth it for a gish?

ATHATH
2020-12-06, 07:55 PM
For the Starry Form (Dragon) ability, obviously, which effectively gives you Reliable Talent for concentration checks while it's active (you can spend a BA to set it up, doing so expends a Wild Shape use, and it lasts for 10 minutes). The 1st level Druid spells like Healing Word and Goodberry that you pick up are also nice, I suppose.

Do note that Starry Form has anti-synergy with Devil's Sight+Darkness-abusing Warlocks, as the light that's emitted from you while you're in Starry Form is magical (and thus will be able to illuminate an area that's covered by the Darkness spell).

jaappleton
2020-12-06, 08:51 PM
For the Starry Form (Dragon) ability, obviously, which effectively gives you Reliable Talent for concentration checks while it's active (you can spend a BA to set it up, doing so expends a Wild Shape use, and it lasts for 10 minutes). The 1st level Druid spells like Healing Word and Goodberry that you pick up are also nice, I suppose.

Do note that Starry Form has anti-synergy with Devil's Sight+Darkness-abusing Warlocks, as the light that's emitted from you while you're in Starry Form is magical (and thus will be able to illuminate an area that's covered by the Darkness spell).

Depends on your build.

It’s a bonus action to enter Starry Form, and of course it’s only effective while using that form.

Alternatively there’s the Mind Sharpener infusion from Artificers. I believe it’s also be a two level dip, which would be always on, though it’s number of uses is based on charges. However, this one automatically succeeds as opposed to the “take 10” of Starry Form - Dragon.

But.... Druids are full casters. So it doesn’t mess wi to your spell slots as much.

Draz74
2020-12-06, 09:15 PM
A friend and I came up with a Bardadin build that seemed like it would be pretty fearsome at high levels back before Tasha's nerfed Spirit Shroud, which used a Druid 2 dip to make the Spirit Shroud concentration nearly unbreakable.

Now that Spirit Shroud isn't so crazy, I wonder what would be the best concentration effect to greatly increase melee DPR of a build that uses Sentinel and Conquest Paladin abilities to keep a victim from running away, with the druid dip?

I never did figure out how to mesh Conquest Paladin with the other build elements (Lore Bard, Stars Druid, and a Pegasus companion via Greater Find Steed) fluff-wise, though.