View Full Version : DM Help Player Won't Tone it Down

Kesnit
2020-12-07, 06:26 AM
This is for a Scion game

Sylvia: The ST. For full disclosure, she is my wife
Jac: The problem player
Thomas: Player
Sami: Player, who is also friends with Jac outside of game
Pandora: Player. Also Sylvia's mother, so my mother-in-law.

When Sylvia runs a Scion game, rather than letting us pick our divine parent, she uses the Cauldron of Life. The names of the deities from the pantheons she allows (which is all but 1 of the official ones) are written on pieces of paper. The paper is rolled up and put in a prop goblet and each player draws 3 pieces of paper. The player then picks between those 3 names to determine their divine parent.

Jac got Dionysus, and she decided to focus on his older, darker representation, rather than the "god of wine." She decided that her character was a psychiatrist who lost her medical license because she experimented too much with hallucinogenic drugs.

So far we have had Session 0 and 4 game sessions. In the first game, Jac was a bit too boisterous, but not bad. By the second game, she had gotten a bag of the titanspawn-made drugs that the party was investigating. Throughout the game, she kept announcing that she had the drugs and was using them. (She has an ability that allows her to get the positive effects from an ingested substance without taking the negatives.) She spent the rest of the game RP-ing being very high. She would interrupt everyone else (including the ST), spouted off anything she wanted to say, and just made a nussance of herself.

Before game 3, Sylvia spoke to Jac and asked her to please tone it down. Thomas is a new player to our group, and Sylvia is afraid Jac is going to run him off. He is a great player, but has never played a White Wolf game before and is sometimes slow to get involved. (He's used to more roll-heavy D&D and Pathfinder games.) And while Jac is our friend out-of-game, she is frustrating both me and Sylvia because her antics are slowing down the game.

Game 3, Jac took what Sylvia said and toned it down. Game went fine.

Yesterday was Game 4. It was intended to be a session where the party got information and introductions to other Scions who will serve as quest-givers and resources. Jac spent the entire game (all 4 hours) RP-ing that her PC was drunk. And she was drunk in the way Jac is when she is drunk - loud, obnoxious, and domineering. (Jac was not drunk. She did not have any alcohol.) Every time Sylvia tried to give information or run a short side-scene with someone else (which were run at the table, but IC were in another room), Jac inserted herself and talked over the scene. My side-scene involved talking to a Scion from my pantheon (Loa) who is both a spymaster and a brewer. I tried talking to her about being a spy and a child of a Loa, but Jac kept butting in, asking about the "potions" she had in her room.

Once we passed the information part of the game, Sylvia tried to advance the plot. While the rest of us were trying to investigate, Jac continued with her "I'm drunk" scene stealing. We finally got to a stopping point and wrapped game.

Sylvia and I were frustrated and furious. It was pretty clear that Sami was frustrated because she tried more than once to use RP to tell Jac to stop. Pandora never says anything, but I doubt she was cool with what Jac is doing.

Sylvia texted Jac last night to try to talk to her, but the conversation went nowhere. No matter what Sylvia says, Jac can't seem to wrap her head around the fact that problem isn't her PC; it's her. Jac keeps coming up with ways to change her character, but that isn't going to solve the problem because Jac is still going to RP an annoying, obnoxious drunk. Worse, she thinks she has toned it down, and aren't we so happy with her for cutting back.

At this point, removing Jac from the game is not (yet) an option. Before we get to that point, we still want to try to get Jac to actually tone it down. Does anyone have any different approaches that we can try to get the idea across?

Batcathat
2020-12-07, 06:57 AM
From what you're saying, I assume you have played with Jac before? Did she behave in a similar way (even if it was less noticable) in those games? That is, is she using her character as an excuse to indulge in this behavior (similar to how some people can use an alignment or a class as an excuse to be jerks) or is she just really into character and honestly not understanding that it bothers people?

I do kind of identify with Jac, I have a tendency to take up a lot of room* and sometimes it's hard to tell when you're sort bulldozing over everyone else. Not that that's an excuse, but it can be an explanation. If you haven't already, you might just have to be brutally honest. "Hey, your behavior is annoying everyone, we want to keep playing with you but you need to stop." Probably won't be a fun conversation for anyone involved but it might work.

(*Insert fat joke here)

Lord Torath
2020-12-07, 12:37 PM
I don't think I have any advice better than BatCatHat's. You're going to have to have a blunt conversation with "Jac" and let her (I think you established Jac as a 'her'?) know that her behavior is unacceptable. If she doesn't figure out a non-disruptive way to play her character, she's not going to be able to participate. Lay it out that bluntly. You like having her in your group (assuming you generally do), but this current character portrayal is is just not working out. Something needs to change.

Edit: Let her know you will use a red-card system. Tell her when she starts becoming disruptive, you will flash a red card (or whatever) at her. When she sees that, she needs to stop NOW. No arguing, no protestations of innocence, NOW. If she does, great. If not, stop the action and tell her she needs to leave the room until the current scene is over. Then she can come back. As long as she stops each time you show her the card, great, let her stay at the table.

Kesnit
2020-12-07, 01:02 PM
From what you're saying, I assume you have played with Jac before?

Yes, we've been in a oWoD LARP with her for about 5 years. We've also played D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder with her.

Did she behave in a similar way (even if it was less noticable) in those games? That is, is she using her character as an excuse to indulge in this behavior (similar to how some people can use an alignment or a class as an excuse to be jerks) or is she just really into character and honestly not understanding that it bothers people?

She can be boisterous in the LARP, but that is expected. Plus, with several things going on at once, it isn't as noticeable in that environment. I don't remember her acting like this in the D&D/Pathfinder games, but it has been a while since we've played that. It was also in a slightly different group. The DM of the 3.5 game is a life-long friend of hers and is more used to the way she is.

I do kind of identify with Jac, I have a tendency to take up a lot of room and sometimes it's hard to tell when you're sort bulldozing over everyone else.

I would be more forgiving and understanding if we had not brought this up to her before.

One of the comments she texted to Sylvia last night was along the lines of "I was waiting for Thomas to step in, but he wasn't getting my hints." The problem with this way of thinking is (1) Thomas isn't used to a heavy role-play system and just isn't as quick at thowing out actions as Jac, and (2) she really wasn't given anyone the opportunity to step in - including Sylvia. At one point, I wanted to say "OK, moving on," but I make a conscious effort not to step in because Sylvia is my wife. I don't want any of the other players to think I am getting special perks or trying to drag everyone around because I am the ST's SO.

[/quote]If you haven't already, you might just have to be brutally honest. "Hey, your behavior is annoying everyone, we want to keep playing with you but you need to stop." Probably won't be a fun conversation for anyone involved but it might work.[/quote]

That is an option, but one we are trying to avoid unless we have to.

If she doesn't figure out a non-disruptive way to play her character, she's not going to be able to participate. Lay it out that bluntly. You like having her in your group (assuming you generally do), but this current character portrayal is is just not working out. Something needs to change.

We do like gaming with Jac.

Edit: Let her know you will use a red-card system. Tell her when she starts becoming disruptive, you will flash a red card (or whatever) at her. When she sees that, she needs to stop NOW. No arguing, no protestations of innocence, NOW. If she does, great. If not, stop the action and tell her she needs to leave the room until the current scene is over. Then she can come back. As long as she stops each time you show her the card, great, let her stay at the table.

Not a bad idea. Not sure where we could "banish" her since we play at our house and not at a gaming store. We can think about it, though, and see what can be arranged.

Willie the Duck
2020-12-07, 02:11 PM
Sylvia texted Jac last night to try to talk to her, but the conversation went nowhere. No matter what Sylvia says, Jac can't seem to wrap her head around the fact that problem isn't her PC; it's her. Jac keeps coming up with ways to change her character, but that isn't going to solve the problem because Jac is still going to RP an annoying, obnoxious drunk. Worse, she thinks she has toned it down, and aren't we so happy with her for cutting back.

There's nothing we can advise that can't be trumped by that 'No matter what Sylvia says...' clause. I mean, my best advise is a straightforward, "This clearly isn't getting through -- the problem isn't your character, it is your behavior. You think you have toned it down enough, but the group disagrees. Playing a deliberately obnoxious character is an art form, and one that requires actively listening to your peers informing you where the boundaries are, and when you are using up all the oxygen/spotlight in the room. If you can't do that, you need to try a different playstyle with a different character." But if someone is absolutely incapable of recognizing their behavior as a problem, there's very little cure for that.

Devils_Advocate
2020-12-07, 03:25 PM
Jac keeps coming up with ways to change her character, but that isn't going to solve the problem because Jac is still going to RP an annoying, obnoxious drunk.
How do you know that? If Jac has been fine roleplaying with you before, doesn't that suggest that this particular character is part of the problem?

Honestly, I can't really see a distinction between how a player roleplays a character and that character's personality. Of course Jac changing her behavior would mean changing her character. Changing her behavior would be changing her character.

It seems like y'all may be looking for Jac to agree with you in a way that involves her accepting blame. That's probably not going to happen, but that also shouldn't be a requirement for resolving this problem.

It's probably best to have her make a new character. Would that be an issue?

Lo'Tek
2020-12-07, 07:50 PM
If you haven't already, you might just have to be brutally honest. "Hey, your behavior is annoying everyone, we want to keep playing with you but you need to stop." Probably won't be a fun conversation for anyone involved but it might work.

That is an option, but one we are trying to avoid unless we have to.
Read up on conflict resolution techniques like for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_Communication among others. Honesty doesn't necessarily mean putting the nuclear option on the table. This particular technique uses the structure Observation->Feeling->Needs->Request, but is a bit more than an argumentative pattern: the nonviolence is about avoiding making threats, blaming etc. You have already written factual observations, how it makes you feel, and your request, albeit "town it down" is very vague. Your personal need might be the part that gets lost in transmission, and that may be why she can't seem to wrap her head around it.

Example: (note that pinpointing the underlying basic social need is not easy, and i am not good at it)

When we talked to a Scion from my pantheon, you kept butting in.
That left me frustrated and furious.
I saw that as my scene and wanted to expand on my character.
Please let me have the uncontested spotlight in such situations.

Answer "but that is what my character does" ... so why not have that talk inside the game?

When we talked to a Scion from my pantheon, you kept butting in.
That left me frustrated and furious.
because I wanted to talk to her about my heritage and place in life
Please don't interrupt my personal conversations like that.

Again there is an egocentric answer "yeah but what about my needs (to ask about those potions)"

In-game you can continue in a way you probably wouldn't with the real person: doing a gesture blocking the argument, a facial expression of being a bit disgusted and a bit hurt by the lack of respect, followed by shaking the head like shaking that feeling off while turning away and getting some distance.
Now that is not conflict resolution, but a human reaction and a display of tension between the characters. Role-playing offers great opportunities to draw out, vocally lampshade and explain those small signals. Making the tension visible allows resolving it.

There is a chance the character is non-redeemable, and keeps repeating that behavior, or worse, the player using it to have some endless character development arc that goes nowhere, while repeating the behavior. Ingame you can escalate towards a story driven character change, but that is stupidly dangerous when the player is not in on it. So before further escalation an out-of-game talk on what the problem is and how to get somewhere agreeable and what agreeable means for the gaming group is strictly necessary.

Note that i am focusing on a single example of "inserted herself and talked over the scene" not in ignorance of the big problem, but because the small ones are easier to tackle and solve, while also setting clearer boundaries.

Cluedrew
2020-12-07, 09:46 PM
If you haven't already, you might just have to be brutally honest. "Hey, your behavior is annoying everyone, we want to keep playing with you but you need to stop." Probably won't be a fun conversation for anyone involved but it might work.

That is an option, but one we are trying to avoid unless we have to.Umm... Why?

Serious question, if you aren't just going to tell Jac what the problem is you can hardly blame them for not fixing it. Especially if they tried the first time maybe they honestly don't understand why this particular behaviour is annoying. Another serious question, what changes to the character has Jac offered to make? Are you sure they will still result in an annoying drunk?

Mastikator
2020-12-07, 10:42 PM
If taking someone aside doesn't work then interrupting them with a "shut the hell up" usually helps.

Jac is probably not aware of the fact that everyone is annoyed by her antics while she's doing it. It's not uncommon for someone to think back and realize that they were being an ass. So the next time she's stealing a scene with her nonsense just say "Shut up Jac" and continue with the story. Either that or allow her to ruin the game.

Incorrect
2020-12-08, 01:59 AM
One of the comments she texted to Sylvia last night was along the lines of "I was waiting for Thomas to step in, but he wasn't getting my hints."

This stuck a bit out to me. Is there a chance that she is deliberately playing a disruptive character because she wants to play a "redemption story"?
Could she be waiting for the other characters to change/save her?
If so, its clearly not done in a great way, but people are fallible.
Maybe ask her where she is going with this character. Is there some specific scenes she is imagining.
This might also lead to a conversation about the fact that currently her character is alienating the others, and the character might be left out of the ingame group.

Honestly it sounds like the easiest solution might be to get her to change character.

Berenger
2020-12-08, 05:52 AM
Hey, wow. Dionysos scions must be cursed, our resident problem player crashed our campaign with the same kind of obnoxious spotlight hogging behaviour (well, plus suicidal recklessness, constant awkward lechery and repeated violation of everyone‘s trust).

Willie the Duck
2020-12-08, 12:43 PM
Hey, wow. Dionysos scions must be cursed, our resident problem player crashed our campaign with the same kind of obnoxious spotlight hogging behaviour (well, plus suicidal recklessness, constant awkward lechery and repeated violation of everyone‘s trust).

I am not familiar with the game specifics (it's a game in the same 'verse as Aoen/Trinity, right?), but it sounds a little like these are this games Kender -- the actual RP profile indicates that you play them in a way that emulates a group-toxic PC.

WanderingMist
2020-12-08, 04:02 PM
It seems like y'all may be looking for Jac to agree with you in a way that involves her accepting blame. That's probably not going to happen, but that also shouldn't be a requirement for resolving this problem.

People need to acknowledge their faults.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, maybe try recording one or two sessions? Might help her see what the problem is.

icefractal
2020-12-08, 05:09 PM
People need to acknowledge their faults.It'd be good if they did, but it seldom happens, and you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect it.

Probably 90%+ of conflicts I've seen that were resolved in a satisfactory way never had the "as seen on TV" moment where people open up, reveal their thinking, apologize, hug, etc. It's usually more like the offender gets the message, quietly stops doing the things that are a problem, everybody unofficially agrees to drop the subject now that it's no longer an issue.

Like how "Oh ****! That argument was so brilliant that I'm going to change my beliefs on the spot!" very seldom happens. It's a lot more satisfying than the routes that process generally takes, but it's also a lot less plausible.

Devils_Advocate
2020-12-08, 07:14 PM
People need to acknowledge their faults.
So the rest of the group should acknowledge that they need to be more direct with Jac?

Traits and behaviors aren't inherently negative nor positive independent of context, because consequences depend on context. Maybe what Jac has been doing would work well with another group. And maybe others' approach to communicating with her would work well with another person. There are probably lots of elements to this situation that are "bad" in the sense that there would be no problem without all of them. If so, each one of those elements is the cause of the problem in the context of all of the others.

The unwritten and unspoken rules of social conduct aren't just hard to learn; they don't actually exist, as should be clear on reflection. They're unwritten and unspoken, so in what form would they exist? In the form of our shared understanding of acceptable behavior? There's no such thing when individual understandings differ. There are only opinions on what the rules are and no definitive rules that those opinions are imperfect understandings of.

Lo'Tek raises a good point. Don't be afraid to confront player characters in-character when they act to the detriment of the group! That won't necessarily fix anything, but it's worth a shot. Unless you take issue with conflict between PCs in general, in which case you should probably be explicit about that.

Duff
2020-12-08, 07:16 PM
Something which seems like it needs to be explicitly said to Jac;
"When the spotlight is not on your character, we need you're character's behavior to be muted into the background. We understand they're still influenced and doing all those things, but we need to hear it less so the rest of the game can go on"

Probably not exactly the wording you're looking for, but if I've read you right, that's the core of the problem

Cluedrew
2020-12-08, 07:32 PM
Like how "Oh ****! That argument was so brilliant that I'm going to change my beliefs on the spot!" very seldom happens. It's a lot more satisfying than the routes that process generally takes, but it's also a lot less plausible.Even when that does happen - for me at least - it tends not to happen for several days when I have slept on it then my mind wanders back to it and then I realize it makes a lot of sense. So "on the spot" is stretching it.

Berenger
2020-12-08, 07:39 PM
I am not familiar with the game specifics (it's a game in the same 'verse as Aoen/Trinity, right?), but it sounds a little like these are this games Kender -- the actual RP profile indicates that you play them in a way that emulates a group-toxic PC.

It's 'verse is basically the real world, but the ancient gods, their mortal enemies ("titans", in the parlance of the greek gods) and assorted mythical creatures, objects and magics are real. The player characters are the demigod children those deities have with mortals and all of them resemble their divine parents in at least some aspects. It's actually a bit like the Percy Jackson 'verse. As to the RP profile encouraging problematic behaviour, well, you'll be the judge of that. I can quote the background text for Dionysos:

DIONYSUS

AKA: BACCHUS, FUFLUNS, LYAEUS

Description: The wildest and craziest of a wild pantheon, Dionysus is a Scion of Zeus who was elevated to godhood about 3,000 years ago. God of wine and celebration, he is the perfect party boy, whether you want to stage a sedate wine tasting, a drunken orgy or a drug-fueled rock concert in the back of beyond. Invite him, and a party will usually show up in his wake. Darkhaired and slender while still being soft, Dionysus is capable of persuading even the most straight-laced prude to loosen his tie and party down.

Dionysus has dabbled in being a rock impresario, a club owner, a wine merchant, a food critic, a grand cordon chef, a drug dealer, a microbrewery manager and a restaurant owner. He also likes to take on short-term roles as the handsome stranger with the really good pot or the really good bottle of wine at the concert. It’s telling about Dionysus’s abilities as a father that he much prefers to create Scions during casual encounters than as part of some long-term disguise.

His Scions are similar. Wherever they go, they tend to establish a party around themselves. If they stay too long in one place, it congregates around them, attracting the missing elements of that celebration. This happens partly because the Scion is fun to be around, but also because Fate fi nds it useful to create such events around the Scion. The more potent the Scion is, the larger and more raucous the soirée.

Associated Powers: Epic Charisma, Epic Stamina, Arete, Chaos, Fertility, Mystery

Abilities: Art, Empathy, Integrity, Fortitude, Occult, Presence

Cicciograna
2020-12-09, 08:58 AM
Well, Jac was talked to once, and she got the message. That was kind of Strike One.
Then she went back to her antics, so I guess it's time again to have a chat with her, informing her that this is Strike Two.
You decide if having Strike Three or not.

Mr Beer
2020-12-09, 02:34 PM
If taking someone aside doesn't work then interrupting them with a "shut the hell up" usually helps.

Jac is probably not aware of the fact that everyone is annoyed by her antics while she's doing it. It's not uncommon for someone to think back and realize that they were being an ass. So the next time she's stealing a scene with her nonsense just say "Shut up Jac" and continue with the story. Either that or allow her to ruin the game.

I mean, this is what I'd be doing by now. Scene-stealing is one thing, and a legitimate issue, but repeatedly talking over me when I'm describing what is happening is just being a jerkface. I'm going to let it go a couple of times because I'm that kind of guy, but when I'm running a game, if you just keep interrupting me I'm going to tell you to let me finish and the manner in which I tell you that is going to get increasingly terse. At some point, it will reach "Hey shut the hell up".

Amdy_vill
2020-12-09, 05:02 PM
the best way I have found to deal with this is an impromptu season 0.5. reestablish table rules and talk about the problem. generally, I have found confronting people isn't a good idea but a season about table rules and helping new players learn can get the same point across.

if that doesn't work it should be an ST talk and if that fails I generally kick players. only had to do that once in almost 9 years of playing tabletops.

Odd question what god was excluded and why?

Note: Gernarly what you are describing is a "Good" behavior when it's not stepping on the toes of players and prevent the ST from doing the basics.

Kesnit
2020-12-09, 05:43 PM
Probably 90%+ of conflicts I've seen that were resolved in a satisfactory way never had the "as seen on TV" moment where people open up, reveal their thinking, apologize, hug, etc. It's usually more like the offender gets the message, quietly stops doing the things that are a problem, everybody unofficially agrees to drop the subject now that it's no longer an issue.

Like how "Oh ****! That argument was so brilliant that I'm going to change my beliefs on the spot!" very seldom happens. It's a lot more satisfying than the routes that process generally takes, but it's also a lot less plausible.

If it takes a few steps in the right direction, that's fine. So long as progress is being made.

Traits and behaviors aren't inherently negative nor positive independent of context, because consequences depend on context. Maybe what Jac has been doing would work well with another group.

Jac plays a similar way in the LARP, but it is easier to handle it there because it is a LARP. There are more events going on and it is easier to break down into mini-scenes.

Lo'Tek raises a good point. Don't be afraid to confront player characters in-character when they act to the detriment of the group! That won't necessarily fix anything, but it's worth a shot. Unless you take issue with conflict between PCs in general, in which case you should probably be explicit about that.

That is a good idea. Sami tried it, but in a subtle way. I try to avoid confronting players because I don't want to be seen as acting like a big shot because I'm married to the ST. However, I am probably the only player who will do it.

Something which seems like it needs to be explicitly said to Jac;
"When the spotlight is not on your character, we need you're character's behavior to be muted into the background. We understand they're still influenced and doing all those things, but we need to hear it less so the rest of the game can go on"

Probably not exactly the wording you're looking for, but if I've read you right, that's the core of the problem

That is about perfect. I sent Sylvia this thread and I will make sure she saw this.

I mean, this is what I'd be doing by now. Scene-stealing is one thing, and a legitimate issue, but repeatedly talking over me when I'm describing what is happening is just being a jerkface. I'm going to let it go a couple of times because I'm that kind of guy, but when I'm running a game, if you just keep interrupting me I'm going to tell you to let me finish and the manner in which I tell you that is going to get increasingly terse. At some point, it will reach "Hey shut the hell up".

This works, too.

Odd question what god was excluded and why?

The Chinese pantheon. Sylvia doesn't like the way it is written and thinks it overlaps too much with the Japanese pantheon.

GrayDeath
2020-12-12, 10:59 PM
The Chinese pantheon. Sylvia doesn't like the way it is written and thinks it overlaps too much with the Japanese pantheon.

So the American Pantheon and Uncle Sam are in?
SOunds liiiike a matuuuuure and restrained group, no Idea why a Player would play someone wild and weird. No Sirreee!

To the Topic, as a long time Scion DM and Player, this (assuming you people normally paly off each other) sounds like she wanted to give the New Guy a way to feel included/important and horribly botched it. (I had a similar Experience with my brother in 2008).

Tell her its not working, work with her with adjusting her Character and the Way she treats the New Guy, and all should work out. :)

Kesnit
2020-12-12, 11:29 PM
So the American Pantheon and Uncle Sam are in?
SOunds liiiike a matuuuuure and restrained group, no Idea why a Player would play someone wild and weird. No Sirreee!

I said official pantheon. The American pantheon is fan-made.

To the Topic, as a long time Scion DM and Player, this (assuming you people normally paly off each other) sounds like she wanted to give the New Guy a way to feel included/important and horribly botched it. (I had a similar Experience with my brother in 2008).

Not at all. The new guy did his character creation the same as the rest of us. (He got Japanese, BTW.) Thomas is not used to RP-heavy tabletop gaming, but that is not his fault. He's contributed to the game and has worked his way into the game.

Tell her its not working, work with her with adjusting her Character and the Way she treats the New Guy, and all should work out. :)

Jac isn't explicitly keeping Thomas out of the game. She is stepping on everyone's toes.

Devils_Advocate
2020-12-15, 08:29 PM
If Jac claimed that she was waiting for Thomas to step in, I'd tentatively assume that she was trying, however poorly, to give him an opportunity to do something.

I try to avoid confronting players because I don't want to be seen as acting like a big shot because I'm married to the ST.
That's part of why I suggested having your character confront Jac's character instead of you confronting Jac.

By dealing with in-game problems in-game, one can avoid a big out-of-character discussion about what sorts of character are appropriate to roleplay. Someone instigating conflict between PCs hopefully won't take offense to conflict between PCs. You can just respond to "This is what my character would do" with "Well, this is how my character would react".

Mind you, all of those may be seen as disadvantages as well as advantages. If you don't complain about a player's choices, that player may assume that you're fine with those choices. Someone who likes interparty conflict will likely be encouraged to continue by someone else playing along. Maybe you don't want to roleplay a confrontational character, but also don't want your character to work with someone who misbehaves in some way. ... Although, frankly, RPGs generally aren't about playing a great big wuss who never has to work to overcome personal issues. So, like, there's that.

But Jac has already been told that others in the group have problems with her behavior, so hopefully also dealing with that behavior in-character would serve as more of a reminder of that than as an indication that another player wants to engage with that behavior long-term. And the possibility of needing to "manage" Jac's character in the future is something that you can address in-character as well, by saying something like "This needs to stop" and suggesting that the group would be better off without her if she doesn't shape up.

Mind you, I don't know how in-character Jac's disruptive behavior is. Does she only interrupt others during conversations, or during narration too? If the latter... well, I can see how a character's actions could interrupt other actions, but constantly doing that seems like a red flag, especially if it extends to interrupting the GM. Obviously stuff not directly related to Jac's character is going to happen and warrant description. Interfering with events even getting narrated seems more like butting in as a player, regardless of what one's character is doing.