PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Tracking a person from Material plane to Feywild?

HoboKnight
2020-12-07, 06:48 AM
Heyya, guys,

so, due to some ... shenanigans, one of the NPCs, my PCs like, ended up being teleported into unknown location in Feywild. PCs, residing on Material plane (FR setting) are not SUPER POWERFUL, but have a plan of travelling into a large city, to find a powerful seer/caster that could help them finding their friend or at least direct them regarding how to find her.

What are MECHANICAL options for doing this? Are there any creatures that could help them with this trans-planar tracking quest? I'm interested only in official material and mechanical solutions.

thanks!

Mr Adventurer
2020-12-07, 07:03 AM
As a Tier 2 player, I would begin by Conjuring or Summoning some fey creatures for advice. The standard spells give you pretty good control over them so you should be able to have a positive conversation. The sort of information I'd be looking for is on people of interest that could facilitate my search, and how to contact them. Potentially the summoned creatures themselves could act as messengers for me in that respect.

Alternatively, a Contact Other Plane or Commune spell might give the location on the Feywild where my companion arrived, allowing me to go there myself (with the right magic) and employ traditional tracking methods if necessary.

Valmark
2020-12-07, 07:48 AM
What's the level? Do you have a way to get to the Feywild?

If you have that and have access to Scrying that would be all you need most of the time. Also Sending to ask them where they are/who they met could be useful.

JackPhoenix
2020-12-07, 09:25 AM
If you have a way to get to the Feywild, Invisible Stalker can lead you to the target.